Thread: HOW CAN I PLAY A BATTLE AGAINST AI IN MP CAMPAIGN

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

Default HOW CAN I PLAY A BATTLE AGAINST AI IN MP CAMPAIGN

HELP GUYS MAJOR PROBLEM
    I am trying to play mp campaign with a friend of mine, but we cant cause here is the problem
    When iam creating an Mp campaign i choose first at the options for the default battles NOT to auto resolve but to PLAY THEM, i then run the campaign my friend enters too, i then try to fight a battle against AI but .... I CANT!!! The battle BUTTON is DEACTIVATED, and only the auto resolve is activated.
    I then start a NEW campaign, and i select in the options to PLAY as AI, then i attack an enemy in the campaign, and my FRIEND is being called from the pc to PLAY as my adversary but WE DONT want to and if he presses autoresolve the battle auto resolves even though i chose to PLAY THE BATTLE!
    HELP how can i start a MP campaign and PLAY THE BATTLES AGAINST AI, NOT AUTO RESOLVE THEM OR PLAY THEM agains a human player.
    I want to PLAY the battles against AI, but the game give me to choices , play against my friend even though he plays as england the pc gives him the control of any other nation if i attack it, or NOT PLAY THE BATTLE AT ALL.
    How can i resolve this, (is there a chance that the aditional units mod creates that problem?)
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

Default Re: HOW CAN I PLAY A BATTLE AGAINST AI IN MP CAMPAIGN

You can´t. Only option 2 play with your friend versus ai is an alliance with your mate and the presence of your 2 allied armys against the ai army. So if you want 2 play coop, you need at least a 1 unit army near your buddys force.
    For having fun in a coop-battle, you have to plan your strategy together.

I know that sounds annoying, but so far its the only solution for that problem. Thanx 2 CA.

That is a really stupid BUG i hope CA will fix that cause i bought NTW twice to play MP
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP
    I would rep you if i could

Primicerius

No, it's NOT a bug!

Think of it this way. What will your friend do while you're slaughtering the AI? Big battles can take up to an hour at times. Do you expect your friend to sit by his screen and twiddle his thumbs (or check his e-mail)? He cannot even leave to watch a movie since it is not known when you will be done...

I find, that CA has provided the optimal solution in this case. You can either auto-resolve the battles against AI factions, or fight them out with your friend taking the reigns of the AI armies. I bet, your friend can provide much better (more fun) battlefield challenge than the BAI.

I know, an option to be spectator is discussed in the forums. I do not find that option to be much better than 'sitting and twiddling ones thumbs' by a blank screen while the other player is battering the AI, especially given how moronic the BAI is. I personally would NOT join any campaign with such an option selected by the host.

Bottom line: I like the current CA's solution.
    Last edited by Slaists; April 01, 2010 at 09:55 AM.

Best solution would be to add an option to temporary give control of half of your units of your choice to your friend if you are allied. So each battle is a coop. Tons of fun, no waiting.
    "Anyone who clings to the historically untrue — and thoroughly immoral — doctrine that "violence never solves anything" I would advise to conjure up the ghosts of Napoleon Bonaparte and of the Duke of Wellington and let them debate it."
    R. A. Heinlein

Steam: ElKobold

I would rather disagree with slaists, even if my friend will provide a harder opponent you cannot play a LOT of battles against a natural foe cause it is really tiresome,.
    And i believe that this IS A BUG cause even if you dont like to and wait for the other, there are many persons such like as who really dont mind on the contrary they WANT this to be possible, at least they should make it OPTIONAL, if you want it its ok if you dont then dont check it.

Bobby the Huntsman's Avatar Civis

I am afriad you cant play the ai in mp campaing.

Grrr , an option to be able to play together (coop mode like *promised* by CA in announcements) wouldnt cost that much...I want my money back !!!

Sir Nicholas Altman's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    That is a really stupid BUG i hope CA will fix that cause i bought NTW twice to play MP
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR HELP
    I would rep you if i could
    Its not a bug you sensless moron.

Stop abusing your caps lock key

Quote Originally Posted by Spor View Post
    Stop abusing your caps lock key
    Caps lock is cruise control for cool...

..whip?

By the way, it's not a bug. Has anyone mentioned it before yet?