Thread: Question About Generals

Default Question About Generals

I'm thinking about editing vanilla RTW so that the Greek faction generals are heroic as in Aristeia, but all the other factions still have the vanilla type generals. My thought process is that it would make conquering the Greek territories much harder for the Roman factions. Is it possible to do this or do all generals have to be alike?
    "What's the matter, kid? Don't ya like clowns?
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

Tiro
    Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium (CCAA)

Default Re: Question About Generals

I guess this question could only be answered by the creators of Aristeia, but I think it's not possible. All generals are usually mounted, if they are using swords, spears, javelins or bows. To add a new general unit (in this case an elephant) could cause trouble..
    Another question is, if it is respectful to 'steal' a hero of Aristeia...just my opinion.
    My 3rd question: You really play vanilla RTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarusinas View Post
    I guess this question could only be answered by the creators of Aristeia, but I think it's not possible. All generals are usually mounted, if they are using swords, spears, javelins or bows. To add a new general unit (in this case an elephant) could cause trouble..
    Another question is, if it is respectful to 'steal' a hero of Aristeia...just my opinion.
    My 3rd question: You really play vanilla RTW?

1. No it is not respectful to steal a hero of Aristeia. I never intended to do so either. If I modify RTW vanilla with Aristeia type generals it will be for private purposes and not for public. If I thought that it were a modification I wanted to share with the public I would certainly ask permission from the Aristeia makers and give them credits.

2. I do not frequently play RTW vanilla. However, I like the RTW senate missions, and I frequently think about ways to improve the vanilla game play by making it more challenging.

3. Thanks for your feedback!
    Last edited by CPT Worsham; March 30, 2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Don't we make ya laugh? Aren't we freakin' funny?" - CPT Spaulding in Devil's Rejects

sammy_of_troy's Avatar Libertus

whats wrong with vannila any way its not bad so you know if he likes it then he can play it
    'there'll always be another war'
    'someone has to lose'

Tiro
    Colonia Claudia Ara Agrippinensium (CCAA)

This was just a question...if CPT Worsham is happy with the vanilla game...why not I didn't play it for many years...I always prefered RTR Gold/PE, 'cause of the improved map with much more settlements, the better looking units and of course the better AI...and so on. RTW is perfect...for modding

Quote Originally Posted by CPT Worsham View Post
    I'm thinking about editing vanilla RTW so that the Greek faction generals are heroic as in Aristeia, but all the other factions still have the vanilla type generals. My thought process is that it would make conquering the Greek territories much harder for the Roman factions. Is it possible to do this or do all generals have to be alike?
    This works. I have successfully imported the Aristeia hero for my Greek Cities faction in Vanilla. It makes vanilla much more challenging.

sammy_of_troy's Avatar Libertus

could you send me the file im not very good at modding
    'there'll always be another war'
    'someone has to lose'

Quote Originally Posted by sammy_of_troy View Post
    could you send me the file im not very good at modding
    The list of related files is below:

• export_descr_unit.txt
    • descr_character.txt
    • descr_model_battle.txt
    • descr_mount.txt
    • export_descr_unit_enums.txt
    • export_units.txt
    • descr_model_strat.txt

Also, you will need to include the UI cards. See Ardan's tutorial for more detailed info on unit modding: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...27#post5559127