Thread: Bioware Bazaar

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.
    Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Bioware Bazaar

Check out the Bioware social site, they got their little auction competition going on now. Some pretty nice prizes available....

Discuss.

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: Bioware Bazaar

Sucks for anyone outside the 48 states that are eligible.

Yep, that's pretty much it. One of those "community" events again that blatantly ignore some 33-66% of the entire community of the games in question but claim to be designed for the whole community. I'm especially puzzled about the fact that even Canada is not eligible - it's Bioware's "home territory" after all. And it's a bit weird that not even all US-states are eligible, either.
    And the prizes... well, I wouldn't mind (if I were eligible, that is) to get the novels or comics because those are actually giving a bit of a story supplement but the rest? Not really interested.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 29, 2010 at 01:23 PM.

Hader's Avatar Things are very seldom what they seem. In my experience, they’re usually a damn sight worse.

Blog Entries

Yeah, you'd think they would allow more to participate in this, despite America being probably the biggest fanbase (just my guess).

Comes Domesticorum

Still, for those who can participate in it, it sounds very good. Some very nice prizes up there.

Blog Entries

I personally have my eye on the laptops they have up for auction, alienware something or other. Regardless, I need a new laptop

Tempted to buy Mass Effect 2 PC earlier now just for the extra tokens

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

I'll pretty much just quote myself from the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    Yeah, none of it makes sense.

"Hey guys, we're gonna have an epic community event... except we're going to use twitter and facebook to do it instead of our community forums, and we're going to ignore all of our fanbase that isn't in the US (conviniently forgetting we're a Canadian company). Oh, and lets exclude the New Yorkers and Floridans for fun!"

Yeah, I had my hopes up for a game announcement. When it changed to "community event" I thought "meh, let's wait and see", but this? This is just pointless. A community event that I can't take part in simply because I live in the UK? Even if I were, I neither use Facebook, nor Twitter, nor any "Social Networking" website. Why the hell wouldn't it simply be fed through Bioware's own forums, where the community actually resides!
    Yeah, i'm a bit annoyed at this being the result of the countdown. If they had just randomly done this and had no countdown, or made it clear this was what was going to start, I wouldn't have cared. But they got all my hypes up for something that I could actually participate in, or a new game announcement.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Douchebag's Avatar Vicarius

i was hoping for a DA2 and ME3 trailer

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Musthavename View Post
    I'll pretty much just quote myself from the other thread:

Yeah, i'm a bit annoyed at this being the result of the countdown. If they had just randomly done this and had no countdown, or made it clear this was what was going to start, I wouldn't have cared. But they got all my hypes up for something that I could actually participate in, or a new game announcement.
    Understandable. I actually didn't even notice this until today really, and never made the connection with their 15th anniversary. For me, it was just a pleasant surprise when I finally refreshed my bioware forums account page. And even so I am only motivated to maybe go for a laptop, but other than that the stuff is just...stuff, to me.

Maybe I'll manage to get something if I care enough to remember, all the high tech stuff will undoubtedly go to some people with insane amounts of points. I'll just aim for some low stuff like a hat, RAM(fat chance), hoody and hope to get lucky.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Wait THIS was what the countdown was for?

LAME
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the_mango55 View Post
    Wait THIS was what the countdown was for?

LAME
    And some people speculate an April fools joke out of this.

Blog Entries

Auctions starts now, anyone here participating?

This is always the problem with community events. Laws.

I swear, any time something awesome is handed out it alienates 50% of the fans because they come from nations or states with different rules.
    Have you ever seen Dirty Harry Guns and money are best diplomacy
    "At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Bill Shankly

"Not badly, considering I was seated between Jesus Christ and Napoleon"

David Lloyd George was pleased with his performance at Versailles.

I don't really care for the way they're doing the bidding, I mean I just have to get lucky and be on when they're auctioning the thing I want?

Edit: It also appears that every good is set upon within a minute with someone who has 10,000 tokens to throw away.
    Last edited by Kamos; April 06, 2010 at 04:02 PM.

And once again I'm reminded it sucks to live in Miami. Well, aside from the weather, the beaches, the hot women, the nightlife. Eh, actually ya'll can keep that competition thing. Good luck, just no spamming the forums with those damn links to your point page or whatever it is like I've seen people do on about a dozen other places.

Musthavename's Avatar Bunneh Ressurection
    Somewhere in the room you're currently in.

Thing is, people are only annoyed because of the countdown. If Bioware just announced it without a countdown, I wouldn't care.
    Give a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the day.
    Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Yeah I know, doing the count down and hyping that thing up like they did was stupid. But that seems to be in line with BioWare's thinking as of late.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Have not even been that many bids from with I can see. Useless.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"