Thread: Modding Mount and Blade - Help Finding Programs

Default Modding Mount and Blade - Help Finding Programs

Hey there,

I'm planning on launching into modding Mount and Blade over the summer when I have time. I went to the official TaleWorlds forums and downloaded all of the Editing Tools on this page just to have if I need them in the future.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.p...ic,8881.0.html

However, a couple of the links didn't work. I followed them all, and from the pages each led to, I downloaded the relevant program. However, the following links on the relevant pages didn't work:

Official Module System
    Shared BRF Library
    SCO File Copier

I don't know how important these are to creating a whole mod for M&B, but I wanted to just have everything beforehand.

Can anyone direct me to places where I can download these things?

Thanks!
    Last edited by The Gallant Forty-Twa; March 29, 2010 at 12:42 PM.

Brego's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Modding Mount and Blade - Help Finding Programs

I'm not sure if you need the Shared BRF Library or the SVO File Copier, but at least what the BRF library does is something you might be able to do with OpenBRF, but I'm not sure

Here's the Official Module System: http://download.taleworlds.com/mb_mo...tem_1010_0.zip Though this is for normal M&B, not warband.

But since warband is going to released tomorrow, I suggest you wait with your mod until the warband module system has been released(that is if you are going to buy warband), since most players probably will play warband over normal M&B.

Default Re: Modding Mount and Blade - Help Finding Programs

Be careful what you use. Some aren't for 1.011

Other then that, the Module System is incredibly important, and I suggest reading some tutorials, though most are outdated.
    OpenBRF is the best BRF tool.
    the .sco copier isn't necessary at all.

Good luck, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud