Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 26/4-2010 Major update to version 1.6 including all custom unit cards/images and other features.

Oskar_GT's Avatar Civis
    Quetzaltenango city, Guatemala, Central America

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 23/4-2010 New version 1.5.4 including WILLIEHUNTZ's Realistic Explosion Mod (missing muzzle flash fixed in 1.5.4), Artillery Recr. altered, custom unit cards etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Iutland View Post
    Muzzle flashes were missing in 1.5.3.

That is now fixed in 1.5.4 and new files uploaded. Disregard version 1.5.3 and replace with 1.5.4. It is fully savegame compatible etc.

/iutland
    Hey, thanx for the fix lutland, cheers!!
    "If I advance, follow me. If I stop, urge me on. If I retreat, kill me."

Icon4 Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 26/4-2010 Major update to version 1.6 including all custom unit cards/images and other features.

Attention New version 1.6 out. This will be the last release for some time due to other priorities.

What's new:

1. Remaining missing unit cards and info images added. Few swaps in unit card/image info for previous DAM units.
    2. Most minors and emergent Factions now have access to artillery through “Barracks” building line.
    3. I have intentionally maintained the Vanilla appearance of the unit cards and info images.
    4. Name changes to French Guard artillery units.
    5. All 1-lber to 4-lber’s can now hide in Light Scrub.
    6. Elite units are shock resistant, have good stamina and inspire allies.
    7. French artillery guard units are cold and heat resistant, immune to attrition and “Old Guard” scares enemies.
    8. Danish (incl. Norwegian) and Swedish DAM units are cold resistant.

A Toon All in one mod compatible version of 1.6 will be submitted to ToonTW (Also Brig compatible).

/iutland

Cleomenes's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 26/4-2010 Major update to version 1.6 including all custom unit cards/images and other features.

Thx Iutland!
    This mod definitely did put new life into the game. It actually makes a lot of difference now, having artillery or not.
    I always bring 3 - 4 units of arty now into my campaign games.
    "Waterloo will wipe out the memory of my forty victories; but that which nothing can wipe out is my Civil Code That will live forever."
    Napoleon of France

ToonTotalWar's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 26/4-2010 Major update to version 1.6 including all custom unit cards/images and other features.

Iutland - Thanks for version that is compatible with my mod and Brig Graham, a true gentlemen you are mate, thanks +Rep

klesh's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 20/4-2010 New version 1.5.1

Thanks to Klesh for an indirect reminder with his Howitzer á Cheval mod.
    Glad I could be of service! I'm actually glad I hadn't seen your mod, or else I wouldn't have bothered making my unit; I didn't know there were horse howitzers already available!

Still playing Napoleon:TW

Quote Originally Posted by Cleomenes View Post
    Thx Iutland!
    This mod definitely did put new life into the game. It actually makes a lot of difference now, having artillery or not.
    I always bring 3 - 4 units of arty now into my campaign games.
    Hi Cleomenes

Good to hear

I assume you mean 3-4 units per stack, I can tell you that you need at least the double amount

Artillery is your main weapon of attack with infantry supporting in line and cavalry+light infantry protecting the flanks. I have attached a couple of screenshots (ambush on a weak Russian force) of one of my french armies and I always deploy in "three line with integrated battery" if the opposition is heavy or "grand battery" if my forces are far superior in numbers.

cheers iutland

Default Re: Diverse Artillery Mod (DAM) for NTW. 20/4-2010 New version 1.5.1

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Iutland - Thanks for version that is compatible with my mod and Brig Graham, a true gentlemen you are mate, thanks +Rep
    You're welcome and I think you're unique compilation deserves all the attention it can get

It is gentelmanlike of you to include it in your mod compilation for a bigger audience.

Cheers iutland

Quote Originally Posted by klesh View Post
    Glad I could be of service! I'm actually glad I hadn't seen your mod, or else I wouldn't have bothered making my unit; I didn't know there were horse howitzers already available!

I'm glad you did you're Howitzer á Cheval and shared it with this forum. I really hope the modding skills you obtained can benefit us all in the future

Chhers iutland

Iutland - Is the Explosion mod working now as I tested and other members reported back that muzzle flashes disappeared?? if it is corrected I will include in my next update?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    Iutland - Is the Explosion mod working now as I tested and other members reported back that muzzle flashes disappeared?? if it is corrected I will include in my next update?
    Yes it works in DAM1.6 (1.5.4 onwards) after I deleted:
    emp_fireburst0_diffuse.dds and emp_fireburst0_diffuse.tga

In the file I provided you, I deleted all (3rd Party contents), which is:

Explosion mod files and Projetile trails. So it is OK for you to use, as I know you allready have the explosion mod included with corrected muzzle flashes.

Cheers iutland

Yes it works in DAM1.6 (1.5.4 onwards) after I deleted:
    emp_fireburst0_diffuse.dds and emp_fireburst0_diffuse.tga

In the file I provided you, I deleted all (3rd Party contents), which is:

Explosion mod files and Projetile trails. So it is OK for you to use, as I know you allready have the explosion mod included with corrected muzzle flashes.

Cheers iutland
    Ah ok, i have those files already deleted in my mod so no need to further include

Lutland, first of all cong on great work You done with this mod.
    I was wondering is it possible to somehow tweak Your mod...I have done for my use only projectiles_tables customized mod (which I would like to keep together with Your great mod)...something You implemented in Your mod...I tried to delet projectiles table in Your mod...game wont start...even tried to extract all Your files but not one mentioned before to create a "new mod"...not working again...my question is it possible to do that and how.
    Thanks once again in advance and take care mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Samoud View Post
    Lutland, first of all cong on great work You done with this mod.
    I was wondering is it possible to somehow tweak Your mod...I have done for my use only projectiles_tables customized mod (which I would like to keep together with Your great mod)...something You implemented in Your mod...I tried to delet projectiles table in Your mod...game wont start...even tried to extract all Your files but not one mentioned before to create a "new mod"...not working again...my question is it possible to do that and how.
    Thanks once again in advance and take care mate.
    Hi Al Samoud

Thank you for your nice words

The problem you see is their is a link from "projectiles table" through "gun type to projectiles" and then to "gun types"

So naming is very important and I will give you an example:
    From projetiles table we have Projectile ID's:
    cannon_3_pounder_Generic_cannister
    and
    cannon_3_pounder_Generic_shot

From Gun types table we have Gun ID:
    DAM_cannon_3_pounder_Generic

The projectiles and gun are linked in Gun type to projectiles table:
    DAM_cannon_3_pounder_Generic; cannon_3_pounder_Generic_cannister; .....................
    DAM_cannon_3_pounder_Generic; cannon_3_pounder_Generic_shot; ...........................

It is paramount that the linking is correct otherwise you can get a CTD. Also remeber if you change the GUN ID "name" you will also need to update the reference in "Unit Stats Land" table where the unit is linked to a "gun"

Hope this answers your question?

Cheers iutland

Thx mate for reply...yes this answers my question.
    Cheers Sir

Anyone noticed strange tracer effects? Ok, maybe they should look like that in the first place but somehow they look strange...in my opinion worse than vanilla.
    Iutland is it possible to add version with no tracers at all?
    Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by Al Samoud View Post
    Anyone noticed strange tracer effects? Ok, maybe they should look like that in the first place but somehow they look strange...in my opinion worse than vanilla.
    Iutland is it possible to add version with no tracers at all?
    Cheers mate
    Sure no problem. The current tracers doesn't look right on my desktop computer with Nvidia GPU but does look fine on my laptop with ATI GPU.

Probably better to remove them in next update and let people decide for themselves. Edit no tracer version of 1.6 attached this post.

Cheers iutland

You really are a gentleman Lutland...thank you very much

Is shrapnel shot on the cards for the British artillery?

To quote that well known resourse wikipedia:

"It took until 1803 for the British artillery to adopt the shrapnel shell (as "spherical case"), albeit with great enthusiasm when it did. Henry Shrapnel was promoted to Major in the same year. The first recorded use of shrapnel by the British was in 1804 against the Dutch at Fort Amsterdam in Surinam.[1] The Duke of Wellington's armies used it from 1808 in the Peninsular War and at the Battle of Waterloo, and he wrote admiringly of its effectiveness."

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi100 View Post
    Is shrapnel shot on the cards for the British artillery?

To quote that well known resourse wikipedia:

"It took until 1803 for the British artillery to adopt the shrapnel shell (as "spherical case"), albeit with great enthusiasm when it did. Henry Shrapnel was promoted to Major in the same year. The first recorded use of shrapnel by the British was in 1804 against the Dutch at Fort Amsterdam in Surinam.[1] The Duke of Wellington's armies used it from 1808 in the Peninsular War and at the Battle of Waterloo, and he wrote admiringly of its effectiveness."
    Hey kiwi

No shrapnel is not included in this mod or Vanilla. I'm not sure you can actually add another shot type so it would have to replace Canister or Round shot.

I've read some accounts on the spherical shot but is not sure it was used throughout the napoleonic wars by Britain. will look into it, thanks for the feedback.

Cheers iutland

Miles

Greetings,

Just this weekend I got Toon's All-in-One mod loaded and launched Bavaria into the piranha pit known as Central Europe 1805. I very much like his mod, which along with the Napoleon Total Factions mod transforms NTW to a completely different level.

Looking at the list of mods he has blended, I notice your mod is part of the 'blend' which so vastly improves the Vanilla NTW. And sadly, I have a wee small issue. As far as I know, during the Napoleonic era the types of ammunition generally available were round shot, grape shot, canister and shells (used by howitzers and mortars). The artillery in Toon's v27, which I believe uses your mod, are firing contact fused high explosive shells - lots of them. I'm seeing 10-20% loses from artillery fire alone from shells bursting among the ranks. This was not available until some time after the US Civil War. I just was able to purchase a howitzer battery and checked out the the shells, which seemed realistic - bombs bursting in air. But cannon, my Bavarian 6-pdrs and the Austrian 6 and 12-pdrs, are firing rounds that explode on contact with the ground, basically HE Common - and this seems incredible wrong! It changes the entire dynamic from the late 18th/early 19th century to very late 19th/early 20th century - a totally different level of weapons technology. Rather than feeling like the early 19th century with round shot bouncing into formations, it seems like the Japanese storming the fort at Port Arthur through a hail of bursting artillery shells.

I'm not sure if you can or want to do anything about this, but it is a huge immersion breaker, almost as bad as an Old Guard Grenadier a'Pied Gatling-Gun Battalion would be, only the Gatling-gun would be about 40 years closer to Napoleon.

Given that you have worked with the actual projectiles, I wondering if perhaps round shot might have accidentally been replaced with shell? As one completely ignorant of how you guys do your magic, I don't know if that is even possible, but it kinda looks like that to me.

Is this something fixable?

Quote Originally Posted by Akmatov View Post
    Greetings,

Just this weekend I got Toon's All-in-One mod loaded and launched Bavaria into the piranha pit known as Central Europe 1805. I very much like his mod, which along with the Napoleon Total Factions mod transforms NTW to a completely different level.

Looking at the list of mods he has blended, I notice your mod is part of the 'blend' which so vastly improves the Vanilla NTW. And sadly, I have a wee small issue. As far as I know, during the Napoleonic era the types of ammunition generally available were round shot, grape shot, canister and shells (used by howitzers and mortars). The artillery in Toon's v27, which I believe uses your mod, are firing contact fused high explosive shells - lots of them. I'm seeing 10-20% loses from artillery fire alone from shells bursting among the ranks. This was not available until some time after the US Civil War. I just was able to purchase a howitzer battery and checked out the the shells, which seemed realistic - bombs bursting in air. But cannon, my Bavarian 6-pdrs and the Austrian 6 and 12-pdrs, are firing rounds that explode on contact with the ground, basically HE Common - and this seems incredible wrong! It changes the entire dynamic from the late 18th/early 19th century to very late 19th/early 20th century - a totally different level of weapons technology. Rather than feeling like the early 19th century with round shot bouncing into formations, it seems like the Japanese storming the fort at Port Arthur through a hail of bursting artillery shells.

I'm not sure if you can or want to do anything about this, but it is a huge immersion breaker, almost as bad as an Old Guard Grenadier a'Pied Gatling-Gun Battalion would be, only the Gatling-gun would be about 40 years closer to Napoleon.

Given that you have worked with the actual projectiles, I wondering if perhaps round shot might have accidentally been replaced with shell? As one completely ignorant of how you guys do your magic, I don't know if that is even possible, but it kinda looks like that to me.

Is this something fixable?
    Hi Akmatov

Thanks for the feedback I just downloaded the Toon All in One v27 mod and reviewed it:

ALL Cannons fires Canister and Round shot (non-explosive) and Howitzers fires explosive shells with time fuse. So what you experience might be from some other mod in your data folder.

You could make a comparative test using DAM1.6 only to observe any difference, to make sure it is not caused by this mod? Otherwise you could also contact ToonTW if you are certain it is caused by his mod.

But I agree that percussive shells (contact fuse) were not in widespread use until much later in the century (along with shrapnel shots). The reason you see howitzer shell explosions on impact is that the fuse is not timed to make an airburst but timed to explode when hitting the ground (an airburst is actually a miss).

Cheers

iutland

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast