Thread: Rockets

CerealGuy's Avatar Centenarius

Default Rockets

how do you use rockets when attacking?
    the only time i use them is inside forts and defending towns since they can fire over buildings and have a long range
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?

Default Re: Rockets

I don't use rockets, experimental howitzers are better.

but rockets have longer range and more spread meaning its better when the enemy has more numbers
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?

Not really.

I had three howitzers, the enemy had about five rockets.

They barely touched my infantry line while I hammered their infantry assault.

I generally use rockets to target generals and to keep my opponent from out-ranging me. Otherwise I prefer howitzers, so 1-2 rockets at most in any army.

my experience is outdated on rockets but in E:tw they where so very inaccurate that it was a joke using them, even against full stack line inf units (hit the masses? pfah!)...

both in N:tw and even E:tw mortars are the killers =] besides, rockets have long range but are static right? o.O

lol have you seen how inaccurate motors are i mean they hit more of your own men than the enemy's
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?

Mortars hitting your own men? they shoot in an arc so you are doing something very wrong if they kill your own men...

I really don't see rockets as much of a threat. They couldn't hit the deck of an aircraft carrier. I agree with what others said about experimental howitzers being better. They actually kill a few people.

rockets are useful just not useful in feild battles because Howitzers do kill more and with the marching speeds and always attacking enemy's its pretty useless in field battles
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?

Quote Originally Posted by MedontCare View Post
    rockets are useful just not useful in feild battles because Howitzers do kill more and with the marching speeds and always attacking enemy's its pretty useless in field battles
    I've got 97 play hours so far (going easy), and I can say that functionally every battle is a field battle lol. Who knows whats good during seiges anyway, them boys is glitchy glitchy glitchy

I've found rockets to be pretty effective at counter-battery fire. The enemy artillery being a fixed target improves the accuracy a bit, and the wide spread does a good job of blanketing the enemy position.

well they do hit and they were very strategic in my battle too took out the general and i saw the smartest thing the AI ever did when i started to hit their general to help my troops he hid behind a cliff so i couldn't hit him but then he moved and i resumed bombardment. Also i have noticed that Rockets are super effective when fighting a enemy downhill
    Last edited by CerealGuy; March 30, 2010 at 01:22 AM.
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?

where you fighting peasants if one unit of swiss line killed 900?

I still am not persuaded to use rocket troops because they cost more, are available late ingame, can't be moved and have such low accuracy that I wonder if they are operated by blind folk... experimental howies can be moved, can shoot in arcs as well, kill more, also impact morale like rockets and shoot more accurate; the only thing they don't have as rockets is the range, but that's offset by their freedom of movement + accuracy.

actually i was fighting line they decided to shoot it out with my line infantry on the walls
    also the movement penalty shows that its only really good at defensive i mean since the forts at the middle the rocket troop can hit ANYONE on the battlefield
    and the low accuracy actually helps late game since most stacks are full armys it means it hits more units at once meaning more panic
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?

Actually I bring one unit of Rockets and give them some experience since my main artillery battery can handle the infantry and occasionally the general is far away I use the Rockets to snipe the General or drive him away from the main fight, because no one wants their General to die

I could understand you on that point overlord =D

mjeh, I believe you Medontcare but in all honesty, equipping an army for those times that you actually do defend a fortress is rarely worth it :x
    + howies can also serve as defense in a fortress