Thread: Global Effects for Buildings

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

Default Global Effects for Buildings

Tutorial Purpose: Changing, adding, and removing global effects for buildings.

I have been asked about this at least half a dozen times now, so I figured I'd make a tutorial on it.

As many have come to notice, the 'global effects' for buildings are not contained in the buildings_effects_juntion_tables, where all of the other building effects are contained. The factionwide or 'global' effects for buildings are contained in a seperate file called building_factionwide_effects_junctions.

Let's try an example,

Suppose you believe/want steam powered factories to give a global replenishment rate of +1% the way a supply depot does. Assuming you are familiar with the PFM (if you are not here is a tutorial on it that also tells you the basic of how to put together a mod), what you would do is this,

1) Extract the building_factionwide_effects_juntions into the data folder, then add that file into your mod.

2) Clone or create a row, entitle it tFactory3_steam_powered_factory

3) In the adjoining column place the entry replenishment_percentage_bonus_global

4) Give replenishment_percentage_bonus_global a value of 1.

5) Save your mod.

I know that this tutorial may have been for something a bit obvious for anyone familiar with the PFM, but the fact that CA included the global bonuses in a different file from the building effects file really seems to have confused some people.

Credits,

Erasmus for the PFM and the 'creating a mod' tutorial.
    Last edited by Thoragoros; March 28, 2010 at 03:27 PM.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Default Re: Global Effects for Buildings

Is there any effect to reduce time of building construction?