Thread: Pith Helmets and Zulu-esque uniforms/units

♔GrinningManiac♔'s Avatar Centenarius

Default Pith Helmets and Zulu-esque uniforms/units

Hello there, fellow forum-goers

I recently (like, five minutes ago) watched the final stand in the film Zulu. Historical accuracy aside, them's some snappy uniforms, y'dig?

Now, despite the idealistic claims of every new mod, we are a long way off working out how to make new maps, such as Africa, and making an entire Zulu army would be very difficult to balance and even model etc.

However, them's some snappy uniforms.

I was wondering if anyone felt like creating some (ahistorical) units for the British (at least) with colonial mid-to-late Victorian uniforms. Not reskins of the current line, but sort of another form of Highland Foot, but better at something else (perhapes heat attrition (if such a thing actually existed in the main campaign (which it dosen't))

I wants me some damn Piths, what-what

♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔'s Avatar Wyrd biõ ful ãræd

Default Re: Pith Helmets and Zulu-esque uniforms/units

As you've said I think we are a long way from this being done, but I for one would love to see a war in Africa (& India for that matter) mod or game set in Victorian times.

I've been very interested in the Zulu war ever since me old boy took me to the flicks to see Zulu & Zulu Dawn.

I'm keeping me fingers crossed this could be in the next TW game

Edit : If it comes to pass that we can edit maps & make models for NTW & someone wants to make a Victorian/Zulu mod count me in as a researcher/skinner

Last edited by ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔; March 29, 2010 at 04:58 AM.

A Zulu mod would just be the best thing ever. Strangely I don’t think any game or mod has covered the 1879 Anglo Zulu war before.

I would love that. In the context of muzzle-loading muskets and rifles, I would just love to see a unit armed with breech loading Martini-Henrys go to work. Of course, some of the units in NTW already might as well be using breach loaders for how fast they load.