Thread: Gentlemens Club: Structure Changes?

Default Gentlemens Club: Structure Changes?

Hi,
    one the NTW-GC group chat, there was a discussion about whether changes in group structure could be necessary due to many people not finding MP partners from within the group.
    Because this would obviously effect the whole group, I'd like to list the proposals that were made for everyone to be able to discuss them:
    - raise/abolish total member limit
    - balance the number of members per continent/timezone
    - related: create officer position(s) per continent
    - create sub-group for MPC and/or MP battles

I'm also creating a census poll so we get an overview about what the current group structure looks like.
    So please discuss away.
    Last edited by daniu; March 28, 2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Default Re: Gentlemens Club: Structure Changes?

All sounds good, not sure of the need for a sub group tho...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

Leoben's Avatar Decanus

I think a structure by continent could be better to find other members more easily?

Quote Originally Posted by daniu View Post
    - raise/abolish total member limit

I think 100 is fine for now. What we need to be more active on is trimming the fat as it were. There are members within the group that haven't played a single MP game due to having no skill ranking at all (0 points). If we had 100 dedicated members then I would say raise the limit but there's a small portion of the members that just aren't active. There's a multitude of ways to find out who is and who isn't active such as the method above, how many hours in the past 2 weeks they played Napoleon, how many reply to the census, word of mouth, TWC activity ect...

It's hard enough to check on the status of 100 people let alone raising the limit to allow even more oversights.

- balance the number of members per continent/timezone
    If this is in place then I would agree with raising the limit and limiting invites to only those from regions that need more members. This would mean that the people from the more popular regions would find it harder to get into but it will preserve balance in the group. I'm a union man, we don't need a civil war here.

- create sub-group for MPC and/or MP battles
    This would work if members could be part of multiple sub groups. Since I rarely play normal MP battles, I wouldn't be in that sub-group but I wouldn't mind playing MPCs. Again if this is put into play then just like the regions, recruitment must also depend on player preferences as well as region to maintain balance. A simple application form with say no more then 10 questions would work. Questions such as

Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Lord Nova; March 28, 2010 at 05:59 PM.
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nova View Post
    What we need to be more active on is trimming the fat as it were. There are members within the group that haven't played a single MP game due to having no skill ranking at all (0 points). [...]
    There's a multitude of ways to find out who is and who isn't active such as the method above, how many hours in the past 2 weeks they played Napoleon, how many reply to the census, word of mouth, TWC activity ect...
    It's not that easy...
    Ranking 0 can mean that they just don't play ranked, or no MP battles but lots of drop-ins;
    hours in 2 weeks will be 0 if someone is on vacation (plus you don't want to regularly go through every member to check their hours);
    there are some people who don't even have a TWC account.

Word of mouth sounds like a viable approach to determining who is active, but having never met someone can just mean he lives on the other side of the world
    (which would be somewhat remedied by the region-based system).

About the subgroup, I only added that because it came up in the discussion in the chat, not convinced how that would work myself.
    I think what should generally be discussed is whether the group's being based on drop-in battles mainly (which was the original focus) is still valid;
    the way I see it, it's drifted more towards MP in general and the social aspect (there's often people in the group chat when I'm on).
    Last edited by daniu; March 29, 2010 at 05:01 AM.
    Tools: PFM 4.1 - EditSF 1.2.0
    (Download PFM - Download EditSF)
    Warscape Modding Guide
    Join the PFM User Group on Steam to receive PackFileManager update notifications.

Respecto Patronum

Primicerius

The group works fine for me as isl. I have had many drop-in invites from the group. Also, whenever I press "friends only" I often get group members who are not my friends (we just share the group).

I am in North-East US.

Hi every buddy!

I'm in Europe and i have no hard time to find MP or MPC partner.
    I think the group limit should be raised to 150 or 200. Or even better, no limits at all as i suggested when i joined this club.
    And i don't think we have the need for a sub group because steam doesn't support it and every one is already in NTW-GC!
    I think we should recruit 2 more officers from Asia and America, so we have them in every time zone yes.

It's not that easy...
    Ranking 0 can mean that they just don't play ranked, or no MP battles but lots of drop-ins;
    Actually it is that easy, since I don't play ranked MP yet somehow have a ranking and score? Drop-ins count as rank battles I guess. This is why I proposed judging activity based on a number of factors and not just one but take all of them into account (hours played/ranking/activity/posts ect...
    Lethal Mod - Creator
    Steam Name: Joe Novax