Thread: Faction traits?

Default Faction traits?

I'm new to NTW and I know that each faction has it's advantages and disadvantages, like Prussia's shootier units and Frances calv. I'm looking for a general description of what each playable factions advantage is.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Default Re: Faction traits?

I shall try my best:

Great Britain: Disciplined, fast-firing line infantry but with rather limited cavalry and none with a charge bonus that compares to lancers.

France: Very high morale troops and strong, accurate artillery. A very good range of cavalry with the excellent Chasseurs à Cheval and various lancer units.

Prussia: Above average line infantry and early access to good light infantry. Average cavalry with early lancers but lacking late-game heavy cavalry.

Austria: A wide range of infantry with abilities similar to Prussia; similar cavalry choices, too.

Russia: Extremely powerful artillery in the form of the unicorn with line infantry coming with extra men but less accurate and slower firing. Powerful in melee, though, with some strong, cheap lancer units.
    Last edited by Jom; March 28, 2010 at 10:57 AM.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Blitzkrieg tactic with cavalry and artillery = France
    Holding the line and shoot them off = Britain. I don't think anyone can rival Britain in terms of line infantry. Bad thing is they have no lancers.

I haven't try the other factions

Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    I shall try my best:

Great Britain: Disciplined, fast-firing line infantry but with rather limited cavalry and none with a charge bonus that compares to lancers.

France: Very high morale troops and strong, accurate artillery. A very good range of cavalry with the excellent Chasseurs à Cheval and various lander units.

Prussia: Above average line infantry and early access to good light infantry. Average cavalry with early lancers but lacking late-game heavy cavalry.

Austria: A wide range of infantry with abilities similar to Prussia; similar cavalry choices, too.

Russia: Extremely powerful artillery in the form of the unicorn with line infantry coming with extra men but less accurate and slower firing. Powerful in melee, though, with some strong, cheap lancer units.
    Thanks, exactly what I was looking for.

G.B.
    An island nation so you'll be very safe
    Can build all ships; can develop strong (naval) trade routes;
    Aas was said infantry is very strong at firing, average at melee but expensive; low cal. artillery (less range than other eu nations); mostly light cav... or dragoons.

France
    strong all-rounder with very accurate artillery, best price-quality infantry if you ask me, good at firing + morale + melee; Strong elite units;
    Varied cav with the chassuers à cheval (fires while mounted)
    certainly not the best light infantry (chasseurs&voltiguers), but they'll do the job even so.
    Strong naval options if they aren't butchered by nelson's fleet.

nothing to add about prussia or austria

Russia is basically melee + charge (cheap, bad-shooting infantry generally); starts with bad economy; strongest ships exist as 80gun 2nd rate; unicorns are fearsome artillery...

yeah I think most was covered by Jom ^^