Thread: {Idea/Request} Empire Retrofit Mod

Default {Idea/Request} Empire Retrofit Mod

Hello everyone,

I was playing Napoleon a few days ago and realized I was starting to get bored of playing it. I love the new features, and I love the better graphics, but something was missing.

I soon realized that there needed to be a bigger map, a map the includes America, India, and Europe. I am suprized that no one has tried at all to recreate Empire on a Napoleon Total war engine. A empire total war with Napoleon features would be amazing. I remember when I played the Broken Steel mod for Medival Total war 2, and once I started with it, I didnt use anything else.

If I am not mistaken, you can import units from ETW to NTW, so you must be able to do it the otherway around, so that shouldnt be the problem, and both games use the same engine.

So, I want to know, are there any modders out there that have gone past the idea stage for this and actually started work towards making this a reality, or has not a single person tried it, or is it even possible? A mod like this is really needed.

Cheers,
    Pikemen
    "Aye Sir?" - Stronghold
    EVGA GTX 295
    i7 920
    6 GB DDR3 @1600
    HAF 932 Full Gaming Tower Case
    1.5 TB HD W/ 7200 rpm

I never beg for ReP... I just ask for it
    ----------------------------------

Default Re: {Idea/Request} Empire Retrofit Mod

Kinda hard to move an improved engine from oner game to another easier to take the map from empire and build on the game that has the features in it and works properly (for the most part) Trying the other way round is well alot harder did you notice to many med2 mods that brought kingdoms features to med 2 no generally they brought a med2 style game to kingdoms.

An example is rome and med2 are built of the same base engine but kinda hard to bring rome up to med2 level as there has been alot of work done on that engine same with NTW why do you think the graphics are better because they have worked the engine more.

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Same engine, different version Pikemen...

Shoot coward! You are only going to kill a man!

It sure would be great though. Europe's fine, but if you're playing as, say, Britain, whose empire was all colonial, you don't really have much to do without feeling like it's super unrealistic.