Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Warhammer 40K vs Starcraft

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Default Warhammer 40K vs Starcraft

As the title suggests, discuss!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Default Re: Warhammer 40K vs Starcraft

I wonder what there is to discuss. Warhammer wins hands-down because it provided the design templates and inspirations for several things in Starcraft, Zerg being at the very front.
    That said, though, we haven't got any information in terms of actual firepower, weapons and design tech etc. in Starcraft. What information could we even use to actually make any comparison?
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 27, 2010 at 01:26 PM.

Carach's Avatar Dux Limitis

starcraft is .

so make of that what u will with regards to who i think wins this one.

Confederate Soldier's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    That said, though, we haven't got any information in terms of actual firepower, weapons and design tech etc. in Starcraft. What information could we even use to actually make any comparison?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Firepower means nothing, as these guys will top anything they got one way or the other, and if not we shall send farsight in to dawnblade you.
    Proud Crusader for the F.A.I.T.H. and Gunslinger for DIXIE
    People don’t want to live in a world where god’s fight amongst each other, One God is Enough! -Alex Rosewater

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate Soldier View Post

Firepower means nothing, as these guys will top anything they got one way or the other, and if not we shall send farsight in to dawnblade you.
    That picture is completely garbage. Pulse rifle fire plasma that is much weaker than the plasma weapons of Imperium, but more stable. Besides, Farsight currently is a Tau rebel, so send whatever Farsight before blue berry even catch him first.
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.

Game starcraft or novel starcraft?

Galaxy vs. Galaxy, race vs. race, or skirmish?

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

Quote Originally Posted by Mithie View Post
    Game starcraft or novel starcraft?

Galaxy vs. Galaxy, race vs. race, or skirmish?
    I agree. just saying WH VS SC is dum. skirmish, race VS race, whole galaxy VS whole darn galaxy. we need to know the situation.
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Quote Originally Posted by Confederate Soldier View Post

Eww.

Anyway, WH40k.

for the sake of argument I say starcraft because of the fact it, not 40k, is a religion in Korea
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Space Wolves's Avatar Primicerius

utter rape for 40k. Terran marines meet Space Marines, what you always wanted to be but will never match in its awesomeness.

20,284 Officers Lost in the Line of Duty as of 2010-12 this month- 124 this year
    Red: Suspect inflicted: Blue Accident
    Officer Christopher A Wilson: End of Watch 10/27/10: San Diego PD, CA
    Lt. Jose A Cordova Montaez: End of Watch 10/26/10: Pureto Rico PD
    Cpt. George Green: End of Watch 10/26/10: Oklahoma Highway PD
    Deputy Sheriff Odelle McDuffle Jr. 10/25/10: Liberty Country SD, Texas
    Officer John Abraham: End of Watch 10/25/10: Teaneck PD New Jersey
    Sgt. Timothy Prunty: End of Watch 10/24/10: Shreveport PD. Louisiana

thatguy's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Space Wolves View Post
    utter rape for 40k. Terran marines meet Space Marines, what you always wanted to be but will never match in its awesomeness.
    Wait..do you mean W40k will rape starcraft or W40k will be raped by Starcraft?
    Because I sincerely hope its the first one

http://www.battledebate.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rapax View Post
    Or perhaps you've been missing the point of modern warfare? Crush the enemy within a month and then fight an insurgency for the next 10 years..
    Quote Originally Posted by spl00ge View Post
    I just got 9 inches.

You guys haven't read the starcraft novels.

If we go by the SC novels, it's not as one-sided as you might think, at least on a skirmish scale.

Those terran marines have some pretty wanked out railguns.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Also terran marines are probably much more numerous (in any single battle) vs space marines.

Although their training is crap compared to space marines since they are basically brainwashed convicts instead of hand picked elite warriors.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Space Wolves's Avatar Primicerius

Hypersonic spike bullets fired from Terrans vs Rocket Propelled slug. DEBATE

20,284 Officers Lost in the Line of Duty as of 2010-12 this month- 124 this year
    Red: Suspect inflicted: Blue Accident
    Officer Christopher A Wilson: End of Watch 10/27/10: San Diego PD, CA
    Lt. Jose A Cordova Montaez: End of Watch 10/26/10: Pureto Rico PD
    Cpt. George Green: End of Watch 10/26/10: Oklahoma Highway PD
    Deputy Sheriff Odelle McDuffle Jr. 10/25/10: Liberty Country SD, Texas
    Officer John Abraham: End of Watch 10/25/10: Teaneck PD New Jersey
    Sgt. Timothy Prunty: End of Watch 10/24/10: Shreveport PD. Louisiana

here it is a: have pretty darn good armour, not as good as SM tank suits, but pretty good, at least better than IG flak crap. b: is a pretty touph guy, expecaily accounting in the chance he is a phsycho, and stim packs, well trained, elite evan, not trained for a century like a SM battle brother is, but pretty touph. c: their rail guns are really, really whoop ass, but at the very least slightly outclassed by SM bolters. lets face it people bolters own all by at least a small margin

final conclusain: one on one, with no other units helping them, the TM get beaten, but not by enouph. think of it this way. if the a SM can beat up to 2 or three TM but get killed by the third of fourth, than the TM are better in the long run, because they are WAAAAAAY more easy to replace, in both cost and time, but especaly time.

Quote Originally Posted by knight of virtue and valor View Post
    final conclusain: one on one, with no other units helping them, the TM get beaten, but not by enouph. think of it this way. if the a SM can beat up to 2 or three TM but get killed by the third of fourth, than the TM are better in the long run, because they are WAAAAAAY more easy to replace, in both cost and time, but especaly time.
    The thing is it probably would not happen unless TM jump on SM with a power weapon - I highly doubt their railgun can penetrate SM's power armor (we don't even know whether those weapons can penetrate carapace armor at all).

that is a problem. by the way are we talking fluff wise or game/ Table top wise?

Quote Originally Posted by knight of virtue and valor View Post
    that is a problem. by the way are we talking fluff wise or game/ Table top wise?
    For WH40K pretty much every publish under Gameworkshop's approvement is official accounts.

well the quality of the SM Armour seems to vary from book to book, and their are serious differences between fluff SM and table top miniature SM. for example, some books say a las gun has a one in 6-10 chance of killing an SM, and others say that the las gun could not under any circumstances even scratch the paint on the SM's Armour.

Quote Originally Posted by hellheaven1987 View Post
    The thing is it probably would not happen unless TM jump on SM with a power weapon - I highly doubt their railgun can penetrate SM's power armor (we don't even know whether those weapons can penetrate carapace armor at all).

Its a railgun. Usually pretty good armor piercing capabilities (I'd pick it over some rocket-propelled-slug-bolter.). However, SM armor is better and if they get close it gets ugly for TM's. Plus they are elite while TM's are basic grunts. I assume TM's have numerical advantage over SM. I say its a pretty close if it was Terrans vs Space marines but if its whole Imperium of Man vs Terrans... uh oh.
    Last edited by HansDuet; March 30, 2010 at 05:23 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast