Thread: trouble moving Pyrrhos in desc_strat

Default trouble moving Pyrrhos in desc_strat

hey yall I was trying to change the starting position of Pyrrhos to a more historically accurate location near northeast of Sparte (Argos) so that it would set up a battle with either Makedon or KH but when i went into desc_strat and changed the xy coords i noticed there is no army listed under him or Ptolemios but when starting a new game both have units attached. Not sure why... i thought maybe something to do with the scripting but couldn't find (or make out) anything related to Pyrrhos (only something to do with besieging a city and Gauls). Anyway I changed the coords for Pyrrhos nonetheless (134 124) but he still remains near Pella with an a small army under his command. So im stuck! I really want to make this very minor change because Im sick of Pyrrhos destroying the Makedon capital and making a mess of things (like invading Byzantium and Pergamon), not to mention KH hardly ever attacks Epeiros so this would help with balancing that region so that the factions are in stalemate.

On a side note I just got the TiME editor and everytime i select the EB/data/world/maps/base it tells me it can't find descr_strat.txt so i copy and paste the file from the campaign/b_i folder to the "base" folder and it gives me errors about buildings not being recognized and romans_scipii not being related or something. Is there an easier way to use this tool. Nothing in the readme. I'll search the forums for some kinda tutorial but i thought id ask (two birds with one stone ya dig?). Peace

EDIT: never mind about Pyrrhos. It was the campaign script I just overlooked it when I originally searched for a prob. Its amazing the attention to detail I have when I'm stoned. Sorry to have wasted everyones time, especially if you are part of of the EB team As for the TiMe editor, I guess I can't use EB files
    Last edited by rocknrollrefugee; March 27, 2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: solved 1 prob
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix