Thread: [REQ] Kingdom of Italy's Guards of Honour and Velite Grenadiers recruitable for France in Milan

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Default [REQ] Kingdom of Italy's Guards of Honour and Velite Grenadiers recruitable for France in Milan

Or if it's a simple job, I wouldn't mind someone just telling me how.

The Kingdom of Italy has two unique units. I like the idea of being able to recruit special units in conquered territory, and these seem like pretty snappy units.

They are:

Cav_Heavy_Italian_Guards_of_Honour

http://totalwar.honga.net/napoleon_u...ards_of_Honour

Inf_Elite_Italian_Velite_Grenadiers

http://totalwar.honga.net/napoleon_u...ite_Grenadiers
    I think a cap of 4 on each would be about right, if it's no further trouble.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

Default Re: [REQ] Kingdom of Italy's Guards of Honour and Velite Grenadiers recruitable for France in Milan

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    Or if it's a simple job, I wouldn't mind someone just telling me how.

The Kingdom of Italy has two unique units. I like the idea of being able to recruit special units in conquered territory, and these seem like pretty snappy units.

They are:
    Cav_Heavy_Italian_Guards_of_Honour

http://totalwar.honga.net/napoleon_u...ards_of_Honour

Inf_Elite_Italian_Velite_Grenadiers

http://totalwar.honga.net/napoleon_u...ite_Grenadiers
    I think a cap of 4 on each would be about right, if it's no further trouble.
    AUM, but no special AOR for them.

Default Re: [REQ] Kingdom of Italy's Guards of Honour and Velite Grenadiers recruitable for France in Milan

OK thanks. So I downloaded AUM, deleted all the AUM units from all the files, leaving only the unlocked vanilla units. I loaded it up, doesn't crash, and sure enough I have Velite Grens and Guards of Honour Cav in Paris.

I'd still prefer them to be Milan-only though. Can someone tell me how this is done? I'm obviously not a total novice so I think I could do it if I just got pushed in the right direction.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

OK thanks. So I downloaded AUM, deleted all the AUM units from all the files, leaving only the unlocked vanilla units. I loaded it up, doesn't crash, and sure enough I have Velite Grens and Guards of Honour Cav in Paris.

I'd still prefer them to be Milan-only though. Can someone tell me how this is done? I'm obviously not a total novice so I think I could do it if I just got pushed in the right direction.
    Take Milan, upgrade the barracks there to a high enough level and there you go.

I got most my Velites from Berlin, I just pretended that's where the Italians were sent to train.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔EmperorBatman999♔ View Post
    Take Milan, upgrade the barracks there to a high enough level and there you go.

Unless you intend to actually help, please move along.

Unless you intend to actually help, please move along.
    I do not think he was joking. It is not a perfect solution, but it is a solution. Just "pretending" that they are recruitable in Milan and restricting yourself from recruiting them in, say, Paris. It is a valid suggestion, but I understand that it does not really answer your question.
    Suum cuique