Thread: Unit Voices - Solution?

Default Unit Voices - Solution?

Hey all,

So, I am not sure WHY, but it appears that the unit voice issue (where a mod causes some infantry units to respond incorrectly when selected, i.e. Old Guard say "Paysans!", which is for Armed Citizenry, Line Infantry say "Infantrie Suisse!" which is Swiss Infantry, etc.) is a result of the mod causing the game to switch the "actor_x" file in sound.pack/fr . Some infantry are in actor_6, others are in actor_67, and for some reason enabling a mod causes the game to switch from one to the other, even if no variables affecting sound are modded.

I am not sure if this is common knowledge and I lack the know-how myself to do anything ABOUT it in terms of correcting it, but maybe there are smarter people out there who just didn't want to poke around forever in the sound files...I hope I'm pointing them in the right direction?

Does anyone know where in the pack files is the correlation between unit and the sound that make? I have been unable to find that; the unit names in sound.pack are NOT the same as those in data.pack/db, so there has to be a lookup table somewhere, but I haven't found it.

Johan217's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Unit Voices - Solution?

I believe this is the same problem we had in ETW. Whenever you use a mod that adds units, the voices get mixed up occasionally. I haven't heard of a solution
    Rock 'n' roll is the only religion that will never let you down

order of the units in units db is important - with new DLC/patch, CA redesigned order of units in that file, so if you are using older units.db you have different order numbers of units which causes those issues...

ly0_ly0's Avatar Miles

lol i noticed that too my prussian line was sayin militia stuff

I'm a rep whore so rep me already