Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cavalry Commanders: A question

jfpOne23's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Cavalry Commanders: A question

Because even though beaten years before, Prussia (and Austria) historically rearmed and fielded substantial forces to "aid" Napoleon in his retreat from Russia back to Paris. I was wondering if this was depicted in the game. Seems more than odd to me if the Prussians were never to appear again in a (or any) Campaign game after defeat in 1806.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by jfpOne23 View Post
    Because even though beaten years before, Prussia (and Austria) historically rearmed and fielded substantial forces to "aid" Napoleon in his retreat from Russia back to Paris. I was wondering if this was depicted in the game. Seems more than odd to me if the Prussians were never to appear again in a (or any) Campaign game after defeat in 1806.
    It would be excellent if this were to happen and similarly I would really enjoy a March on Moscow event with Prussia and Austria being forced to join up with you and follow you when you invade Russia. Unfortunately, neither of these things happen and I was very disappointed with how easily Prussia and Austria were wiped out by me as France.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

Hahah no no no. The Austrians and Prussians knew of Nappy's disaster in Russia and mobilized to "help him on his way home -- the hard way" startlingly quickly. This is how the "Battle of Nations" happened (Leipzig, 1813) with all the big players active again, but now in overwhelming #'s for a greatly diminished Grande Armee.

Still, apparently Nappy ran a brilliant campaign till he was finally deposed.

So it absolutely SUCKS if No major power is able to go into "rebellion" and "resurrect" after an event such as "Nappy FAIL" in Russia or Spain. Bloody Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by jfpOne23 View Post
    Hahah no no no. The Austrians and Prussians knew of Nappy's disaster in Russia and mobilized to "help him on his way home -- the hard way" startlingly quickly. This is how the "Battle of Nations" happened (Leipzig, 1813) with all the big players active again, but now in overwhelming #'s for a greatly diminished Grande Armee.

Still, apparently Nappy ran a brilliant campaign till he was finally deposed.

So it absolutely SUCKS if No major power is able to go into "rebellion" and "resurrect" after an event such as "Nappy FAIL" in Russia or Spain. Bloody Hell.
    They knew of the disaster because they were with him. Schwarzenberg was operating in the south, skilfully avoiding any chance of battle with the Russians, and Yorck beat the Russians back in the north, forcing them to retreat to Riga, although he found himself cut off once MacDonald decided to retreat.

"For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find that you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again."

I didn't realize Schwarz and Yorck were in the campaign! Ya learn something new every day...it's why I love this forum. Were they present in any significant numbers?

There were 20,000 men in the Prussian auxiliary corps under Yorck and 35,000 Austrians under Schwarzenberg. Considering the armies they were pitted against were of fairly equal size, I suppose you could regard their numbers as somewhat significant although like I said in the case of Schwarzenberg, he spent the whole campaign ensuring he never met the Russians in any major engagement and as such returned to Austria. Apparently he had an unspoken agreement with his Russian opposite number, Tormasov, not to engage in hostilities.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12