Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager for NTW

Steforian's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Mod Manager for NTW

I guess I'm resurrecting this thread by posting this; Does it matter if an added file is listed under 'Patch Packs' and not 'Mod Packs' ? Because my font mod is only under 'mod packs', and my new tracer mod is only showing under 'Patch Packs'.

Hi, I'm yondering if any of the exceedingly clever people here could help me [/smarm]?

I'm trying to run a bunch of mods, but several are not working. The BSM and AUM are, as are the various effect modifications. However, when I load up NTW, the game loads without sound. I know this is due to conflicting mod packs, but I can't work out which ones are conflicting. I've tried various combinations of both the AUM and L'aigle's skins, as I think they're what's causing the problem. Brigadier Graham's artillery mod is also not working. The game loads soundless regardles of whether the music mod is activated or not.

I've uploaded my user.script for you to look at. I also have another question: can simply being in the data folder cause a mod to mess othe mods up?

Thanks in advance,

Angry

I guess I'm resurrecting this thread by posting this; Does it matter if an added file is listed under 'Patch Packs' and not 'Mod Packs' ? Because my font mod is only under 'mod packs', and my new tracer mod is only showing under 'Patch Packs'.
    Patch packs run automatically and don't need to be activated in scripts. Mod packs do need activation. The problem with patch or move packs is that they can't be deactiviated and can cause problems with other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_ANGRY_GAMER View Post
    Hi, I'm yondering if any of the exceedingly clever people here could help me [/smarm]?

I'm trying to run a bunch of mods, but several are not working. The BSM and AUM are, as are the various effect modifications. However, when I load up NTW, the game loads without sound. I know this is due to conflicting mod packs, but I can't work out which ones are conflicting. I've tried various combinations of both the AUM and L'aigle's skins, as I think they're what's causing the problem. Brigadier Graham's artillery mod is also not working. The game loads soundless regardles of whether the music mod is activated or not.

I've uploaded my user.script for you to look at. I also have another question: can simply being in the data folder cause a mod to mess othe mods up?

Thanks in advance,

Angry
    It is often soundless when you have either a misspelling in the scripts or a mod listed that doesn't exist any more. Double check the spellings etc (i copy and paste to be sure). If that doesn't work then you probably have another problem that I haven't encountered yet.
    Last edited by md1453; April 18, 2011 at 12:24 AM.

please help me,
    every time i start the game from MM there's an error.

madrush's Avatar Senator

idk what happen but when trying to activate MM, a pop-up says "Ntw Mod Manager stopped working....windows is searching for a solution..." without even showing the MM window

Krieglord's Avatar Primicerius

Hi umm im having some issues with mod manager

Every time I start modmanager their is an error it says

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Unhandled exception has occured in your application if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue if you click quit the application will close immediately

Then I click on a little arrow to expand some text and it says

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    See the end of this message for details on invoking
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
    at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path)
    at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
    at ModManager.ModManagerForm.fillModListView(String profileName)
    at ModManager.ModManagerForm.profilesComboBox_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
    at ModManager.ModManagerForm.ModManagerForm_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnShown(EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    ModManager
    Assembly Version: 1.5.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.5
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/napoleon%20total%20war/data/ModManager%20for%20NTW/ModManager.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    Accessibility
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
    System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    ed-b9g4d
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    Common
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/napoleon%20total%20war/data/ModManager%20for%20NTW/Common.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Even when I click continue nothing happens mod manager is just blank even when I choose to show all packs etc it was working the first few times I used it

I even redownloaded mod manager and nothing has changed still has the error

Please Help

p.s Im using EIC mod for ntw if that makes a differance
    Last edited by Krieglord; November 26, 2011 at 07:41 PM.

Default Re: Mod Manager for NTW: HELP( the little boxes on left missing)

HI, mod manger runs fine but the little boxes that are suppose to be on the left side are not shown to tick, i only have 2 mods in anyway. The show all packs types and vanilla conflicts boxes i tick to see if it shows but no joy any info would be appreiated thx.

Is this the correct order? The ones with more conflicts first? or is it the other way around (from bottom to top)?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Great, thanks!!

how do i use this !!!

can anybody show me how to get the mod for changing the marching music for NTW and the mod for changing the unit sizes any help would be much appreciated ...thanks

First of all, great work on making a mod manager for NTW!

But, after dooing all that is required(net framework 3.5, common.dll in folder,...) i get this message when i open Mod Manager:

Unhandled exception has occured in your application if you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue if you click quit the application will close immediately.
    Beneath it, it says: Entry to the path C:/Program Files/Napoleon Total War/data/battleterrain.pack is denied.

Any help on this please??

How do I install this?

Şeyhülislam's Avatar Libertus

How can ı select a mod ?

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

That TurkTotalWar mod is a 'Release' type pack, meaning you can't activate it via the userscript, it will automatically take effect based on file name load order.

The mod will need to be a 'mod' or a 'movie' pack. Talk to the creator.

Quote Originally Posted by dougie j View Post
    Thanks for the work guys

I am fully up to date with net 3.5, but im getting an error when launching MM, pic below not very clear i admit, hope you can get the general idea.
    Im wondering if its anything to do with the NTW update recieved today ??

Cheers DJ

It appears i have the exact same problem, when i try to launch it from my desktop.But as i launch it from the .rar file it works fine, but i dont know if it actually enables mods or not?

Fixed.

When it didn't work for me I opened the processes tab on task manager and ended any process todo with napoleon, including steam
    Last edited by The_King; October 28, 2012 at 04:47 AM.

Is there one for medieval total war 2

triarri's Avatar Civis

I recieve error message as soon as I launch it, how can I fix this?

Hi I launched the NTW MM but for some reason I'm getting an error
    Access denied to path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Napoleon Total War\data\battleterrain.pack
    and when I press next I only get one mod pack , but I got about 5 to 6 modpacks in the data directory of NTW
    wha can I do to get rid of this error and how can I see the other mods?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast