Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Mod Manager for NTW

Dracula's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: Mod Manager for NTW

So the mod that has to overwrite the others should be placed on top or on the bottom of the column ? Never wrote it clearly.

Other thing is - "buildings", "data", "battleterrain", etc. appear as release packs when you have "show all boxes" checked. And when you uncheck it, they appear again as mods, being not to be found double in the mod column before that. What does this mean ? Do I have to check them or not ? If they are not checked will they appear in game ?
    Last edited by Dracula; September 22, 2010 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    So the mod that has to overwrite the others should be placed on top or on the bottom of the column ? Never wrote it clearly.
    In user.script.txt file, first packs are loaded last but conflicts are not allowed among mod packs so it does not really matter.

Other thing is - "buildings", "data", "battleterrain", etc. appear as release packs when you have "show all boxes" checked. And when you uncheck it, they appear again as mods, being not to be found double in the mod column before that. What does this mean ? Do I have to check them or not ? If they are not checked will they appear in game ?
    Release, patch and movie packs are loaded by the game anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    In user.script.txt file, first packs are loaded last but conflicts are not allowed among mod packs so it does not really matter.
    First that cannot be. I just got diff loading screens at rearranging the order/sequence of mods. So some files are superseded by others, be them even only loading screens.

The question was not for the user.script. I want to know which mod is loaded last by sequence in the column "mod packs" of the Mod manager. The one up or down in the column ?

Mod Manager just updates user.script.txt, so you are actually talking about it. If there are conflicts in mod packs you will never be sure which one will override the other (if you do not get a CTD).

Quote Originally Posted by husserlTW View Post
    Mod Manager just updates user.script.txt, so you are actually talking about it. If there are conflicts in mod packs you will never be sure which one will override the other (if you do not get a CTD).
    Can you answer a straight question ? Just tell me where in mod manager column I should put a mod so that it appears first in user.script ?

Bowden's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by erasmus777 View Post
    Do you have the common.dll in the same folder as your MM? That's what cause your error.
    I've got the very same problem. What is the solution?

Quote Originally Posted by Bowden View Post
    I've got the very same problem. What is the solution?
    Interesting. I don't use modmanager (often...sometime just to play with it), so my suggestion is to list your mods here, so folks can see what you have and give you advice. Mods often conflict or screw with other mods, so knowledge of what you are seeking to load up would be helpful.
    Bigotry tries to keep truth safe in its hand with a grip that kills it. - Tagore
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - Santayana

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

edit: okay apperently waiting a few hours fixed the issue?
    Last edited by gaunty14; October 04, 2010 at 03:47 PM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Hello I have a problem when I try to launch the game from MM, I get a splash screen for a second or two and then back to desktop.I'm using windows 7 64bit , is it possible that the MM won't launch because I have changed the default path during the installation? Instead of C:/Program files(x86)/Steam the path is C:/Program files(x86)/Napoleon.Thanks in advance
    "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan, and yet you are nothing. In the end you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."

I think I might be having problems with Mod_Manager.

Last night I tried to use it to load the All_In_One Mod and it kept failing with Application Error 5: 0000065434, even if I didn't have any Mod Packs selected, and in the end I completely re-installed the game as I thought I had corrupted the Data Folder.

Today, I've checked that the game is working again and tried to use it load the LME mod and got exactly the same error on clicking launch, even if I have not selected any of the Mod Packs listed.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with .Netframe 3.5 as I have run the set-up on this several times and it appears to work except it says Set-up Failed on the finish screen and I'm not sure if this is becuase it already exists, (as I don't kow how to check) or if its just not installing at all.

So any advice on how to tell, and what else may be wrong would be helpful.

p.s. NTW runs quite happily if launched directly from Steam, so the game itself is ok.

I'm still having trouble getting Mod Manager 1.5 to work properly. But I seem to have isolated the problem at least.

I've discovered that if I extract the Mod Manager folder into the NTW root folder then the Launch button works, but Mod Manager doesn't seem to pick up the Mod Packs in the Data Folder. It just lists the vanilla packs.

If I move the Mod Manager folder into the Data Folder, then it picks up the Mod Packs properly, but if I try and click on the Launch button I get Application Error 5:000065484.

So, it seems to be a sort of hobson's choice, I either can't select the Mods I want or can't start the game.

Any idea's?

Jackie Chan's Brother Wang...'s Avatar Semisalis
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Eleven days and no one's answered the above poster, but I'll ask my questions anyway. Where are the instructions for how to install this mod? Do we simply download the file, run the exe and that's it?

I don't think it can be this simple, the main reason being I get an instant...

Steam error

Application load error P:0000065432

...upon clicking the start button.

I really want to get into mods, I am desperate to try out the Zulu mod and various skins for Vanilla NTW, but I completely destroyed my Empire Total War file by trying to mod without using a mod manager, and I had to completely uninstall it to get it to work again.

All I want is to be able to play certain mods and use certain skins without being unable to easily go back to Vanilla and vice-versa. Can anyone explain this mod manager to me?
    Last edited by Jackie Chan's Brother Wang...; November 13, 2010 at 06:04 PM.

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

I get setup error when trying to install it, tried 3 or 4 times with same results

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Chan's Brother Wang... View Post
    Eleven days and no one's answered the above poster, but I'll ask my questions anyway. Where are the instructions for how to install this mod? Do we simply download the file, run the exe and that's it?
    Yes! I get the impression that Mod Manager for NTW is unsupported. It certainly doesn't seem popular with the NTW modding community, which is strange as it was the most popular way of invoking mods on ETW.

In the end, having got no answer to my question above I opted to instal ModManager in the NTW Data Folder which means I can't use it to launch the game, but I can use it to generate the User Script file which invokes the mods I want when I start the game normally.

I keep all the mod tools as well as mod manager simply in my documents folder and have no problem. Earlier in thread erasmus says the proximity of of the game dll's can cause an error.
    Last edited by wulfgar610; December 25, 2010 at 06:13 PM.

Say this file doesn't have the proper program associated with it to sucessfully install. I downloaded .net 4.0, any tips?

Inevitability won
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Modernity View Post
    Say this file doesn't have the proper program associated with it to sucessfully install. I downloaded .net 4.0, any tips?
    The tool only works with .NET 3.5

4.0 makes it unusable.

LordBiggums's Avatar Tiro

Disregard this. Sorry.
    Last edited by LordBiggums; January 15, 2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Never mind.

deleted
    Last edited by panzerschreck; January 22, 2011 at 02:15 PM.

Great utility, +rep!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast