GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Mod Manager for NTW

thankyou

loet66's Avatar Senator

Thanks Erasmus !

+ REP !!

It works fine for me on vista 32.
    Last edited by loet66; April 07, 2010 at 05:31 PM. Reason: works fine on vista32

Erasmus 77, I don't seem to be able to use this thing. I download...and try to run and it says:"Unhandled exception has occured in tuour application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue...blah blah blah." Further, it says:"Could not load file or assembly 'Common, Version=1.0.0.0 Culture=neutral..etc"

What's wrong? Any ideas?

tks. apoll

Quote Originally Posted by apoll View Post
    Erasmus 77, I don't seem to be able to use this thing. I download...and try to run and it says:"Unhandled exception has occured in tuour application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue...blah blah blah." Further, it says:"Could not load file or assembly 'Common, Version=1.0.0.0 Culture=neutral..etc"

What's wrong? Any ideas?

tks. apoll
    Replace Common.dll with the assembly I've attached. Let me know if that makes a difference.

Do you have a 64-bit OS?

Erasmus777, ok thanks. Yes, I have Win 7 64 bit. Where do I put this Common.dll replacement? In which folder, file? Thanks.

apoll

dougie j's Avatar Decanus

Hello Erasmus and Apoll

Just to let you know
    I have Vista 64 bit and after my initial unrelated problems with MM all now works fine, as long as all three MM files are kept together when you launch.

Cheers DJ

Erasmus777, ok thanks. Yes, I have Win 7 64 bit. Where do I put this Common.dll replacement? In which folder, file? Thanks.

apoll
    It needs to be in the same folder as the MM .exe. There should be another file there called "common.dll". Replace it with that one.

And yes, all the files need to stay together. That's a good rule to live by when installing any software

Erasmus777, ok..it's all fine now. My problem, as Dougie j pointed out, was that all the files were not in the same folder...hence problems. Put all in the right folder, and hey presto..all works now. Tahnks to you and Dougie j! Much appreciated.

apoll out

Hey Erasmus 777..sorry..back again. Got it working...but it doesn't seem to be detecting ALL the mod packs I have in the data folder..just a couple. I have, for example, the improved explosions apck...I put it in the data folder, but MM doesn't recognise it and it doesn't show...it is only there when I check show all pack types. Some are ';realsed padks..some are movie packs..and some are patch packs...as well as mod packs. Does MM ony deal with mod packs?

tks.

apoll

Hey Erasmus 777..sorry..back again. Got it working...but it doesn't seem to be detecting ALL the mod packs I have in the data folder..just a couple. I have, for example, the improved explosions apck...I put it in the data folder, but MM doesn't recognise it and it doesn't show...it is only there when I check show all pack types. Some are ';realsed padks..some are movie packs..and some are patch packs...as well as mod packs. Does MM ony deal with mod packs?

tks.

apoll
    Right--it's just for loading mod .packs. The other types will load on their own.

I got no boxes to check, but I do see the Now_Beta_2 Mod in the Mod manager window. just don't have any boxes to check so I can activate or de activate the mod. any help?

Nvm, got it figured out lol
    Last edited by Jlmrtl8302; April 07, 2010 at 07:01 PM.

Great idea! Thanks for doing this.

Probably a stupid question here but I'm famous for them... Do I have to uninstall my mods first before using MM or can I just start it up and have it recognize what's installed and go from there? Thanks.

Came up with another one! Where does the ModManager for NTW folder go? Anywhere I want or within the game folder? Thanks.
    Last edited by Avatar13; April 13, 2010 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Thought of another stupid question :)

maxsim666's Avatar Miles

Great
    Erasmus again thanks and +rep
    "In hostem celerrime volant"

- Voloire -

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar13 View Post
    Great idea! Thanks for doing this.

Probably a stupid question here but I'm famous for them... Do I have to uninstall my mods first before using MM or can I just start it up and have it recognize what's installed and go from there? Thanks.

Came up with another one! Where does the ModManager for NTW folder go? Anywhere I want or within the game folder? Thanks.
    You don't have to do anything, MM will see what mods you have installed.

You can install MM anywhere you want.

Quote Originally Posted by just View Post
    You don't have to do anything, MM will see what mods you have installed.

You can install MM anywhere you want.
    Thanks for the reply, good to know!

didn't work anyway.. my whole game just crashed. maked a backup and still dont work!
    the game didn't even came to the intros and it crashed..

Thanks for this, works a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by hardcore knight View Post
    didn't work anyway.. my whole game just crashed. maked a backup and still dont work!
    the game didn't even came to the intros and it crashed..
    Do you have 64-bit windows?

I can't see any mods (I'm trying to run TROM II).

Quote Originally Posted by Travisk View Post
    I can't see any mods (I'm trying to run TROM II).
    They need to be "mod" type to show up. Otherwise, they should load into the game automatically.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast