Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turns per year?

Default Turns per year?

I've a couple of questions on this subject:

1. Would making the current RR/RC mod 2tpy or 4tpy make it break?

2. Is changing the tpy savegame-compatible?

...ceterum autem censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

Graeme's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Turns per year?

1. Ive made it 2TPY and it works up to a few turns anyway, Ive just started a new game.

2. No. Its in the descr_strat. Changes in that are applied at the start of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    1. Ive made it 2TPY and it works up to a few turns anyway, Ive just started a new game.

2. No. Its in the descr_strat. Changes in that are applied at the start of the game.
    So would old saves break, or just carry on at 1tpy or whatever?

Graeme's Avatar Tiro

Old saves should carry on business as usual.

If your descr_strat is setup at 0.50 timescale, the next new game will be 2TPY.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Old saves should carry on business as usual.
    Oh good

Its easy enough to make the game 2 turns per a year, and its not even that bad doubling all the building times so every city and castle isn't a huge city or fortress, but the problems I came around with while trying to make Stainless Steel RR/RC t2py is the campaign script file in the world/campaign folder is by turn. This means the teutonic emergance, the venetian crusade, the bulgarian uprising, and ect ect, all of the modded events in the game are bound to turn instead of year. In order to make it so things like the Teutonic Emergence come during their appropriate time and not 100 years earlier, you need to edit this, but the thing is really thick in coding and it takes a real modder rather than just a tinkerer to do it. I tried my hands at it but in the end no success

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

My 2TTPY mod is based on the oct 30th RC/RR compilation -so yes it can be done.

getting the emergences right is a pain though - you'll need to check things like ancilliaries as well so they emerge at the right time.

the v0.60 of my mod isn't the latest version (I'm busy testing it out now) but you're welcome to use the files as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post

getting the emergences right is a pain though - you'll need to check things like ancilliaries as well so they emerge at the right time.

the v0.60 of my mod isn't the latest version (I'm busy testing it out now) but you're welcome to use the files as you wish.
    Would using your 2tpy mod on the Mar 21st compilation work? I don't know if the old hotfix is still available.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Sir W. I doubt it will work, but you're free to try it out.

Sir W. I doubt it will work, but you're free to try it out.
    I'll probably just download the Mar 21st, make it 0.50 timescale and leave it at that then... I haven't got time to make it work better, it's taking me (literally) 16 hours to download the SS_RR_RC_Part2.7z at the moment! And I've barely enough space for SS and BC... I'll try to keep it simple for the sake of not screwing it up completely

Thanks anyway though.

Live2sculpt's Avatar Senator

Hey Roz, did you get past this issue for the B&R mod already?

My campaigns are 0.25 Y/T or 4 TPY, and they end on 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Gorrrrrn View Post

Ah, darn. So the game doesn't automatically set this via the year? I made such a change in vanilla, and everything auto-adjusted, including historical ancillaries, events, etc.

You don't need to do anything more, as events are based on the year, not the turn number.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339794

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    You don't need to do anything more, as events are based on the year, not the turn number.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=339794
    Thanks for the confirmation. I had actually done quite a lot of prior research on this, and opinion seemed divided. I wonder if CA changed this at certain point? Earlier posts were absolutely adamant that events were based on the turn, not year.

I changed timescale to 0.50 to set up a game with 2 turns per year, but my characters are aging every turn and thus end aging 2 years per year? What should I do? I thought everything is keyed to year so no other modding was needed.

Is this 6.4?
    I believe so. I went around the issue simply by using the 0.5 script from this bugfix: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13723098

If you're playing 6.4, ask in the 6.4 forum.

If you're playing 6.4, ask in the 6.4 forum.
    Hmmm, now I am really confused. Isn't RC and the main SS mod essentially the same?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast