Thread: I changed the map drastically, if anyone interested I have screenshots!

Default I changed the map drastically, if anyone interested I have screenshots!

Hi, i got interested in BTW because of the cleanliness of the coding and the sophistication of the mod compared to other mods. I love modding maps, so I tried out this mod and changed the map to my liking. I consequently reshaped most of western europe to reflect more modern borders instead of weird generic borders for regions that, once you conquer, end up making your empire look like an inorganic mess. All i got right now is the map. I removed all the factions so if i give you the world folder and the corresponding text files you have to remake the desc_strat file in the imperial_campaign folder to give each faction the settlements you want.

Anyways, what I'm working on right now is trying to make the game more like Medieval I. The starting date is 1133 (after the first crusade and right before the second) and i want to add a little bit more intricacy to diplomacy by making generic factions that balance each other out better (ie I want to make a "Germans" faction - representing the German city-states of the Holy Roman Empire - that is a vassal of "The Holy Roman Empire", but is allied to "The Italians" - representing the Italian city-states - and "The Papal States" to reflect the Guelph/Ghibelline conflict in the 12th century).

What I would like: Anyone one interested and good at editing unit textures and such. Specifically, anyone who has all the files needed to add a faction in completely, unit models and all, so that I dont have to unpack all the files using the unpacker tool.

Anyways, here's the screenshots and thanks to the makers of Bulgaria: Total War:

alien_t's Avatar В Съединението е Силата

Default Re: I changed the map drastically, if anyone interested I have screenshots!

Hi mate, 10x for the interest.
    We're going to use a different approach with our v.3 map. Our plans are to use part of the TGC's map, but in a totally different time frame - 700-900 AD.
    http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7...pmod3xxln1.jpg
    The yellow rectangle, but "moved" a little north-east(without Italy; including Anatolia & Crimea)
    So we don't have much interest in 1133 mod. If you want to make a sub-mod(and publish it) speak with gogo t.

Regards, alien_t
    Bulgaria: Total War - Mod For M2TW
    Check my Turnovo, custom settlement video preview or download it here
    Under the Honorable Patronage of B. Ward

"...We are Bulgarians and and all suffer from one common disease [e.g., the Ottoman rule]" and "Our task is not to shed the blood of Bulgarians, of those who belong to the same people that we serve" - Gotse Delchev, Collective memory, national identity, and ethnic conflict: Greece, Bulgaria, and the Macedonian question, Victor Roudometof, Greenwood Publishing Group, 2002, ISBN 0275976483, p. 79.

"The Bulgarians, these are the people, who had everything they wished for. A nation, where the one who buys the nobility with the blood of the enemy receives titles..." - Magnus Felix Ennodius, description of battle at Margus
    (Morava) river 505 AD

Default Re: I changed the map drastically, if anyone interested I have screenshots!

Berlin on medieval map? And no Stetin? Someone did not make a proper research
    Last edited by Silesian_Noble; March 25, 2010 at 03:31 PM.