Thread: Restrictive Camera

Default Restrictive Camera

Have CA ever explained why restrictive camera was dropped for ETW/NTW? For the life of me I can't understand why it wasn't kept as a choice like previous titles. It added a extra dimension to battles, especially in MP.

Bring it back CA, the more choice the better.

Default Re: Restrictive Camera

I'm agree with you.

- No radar
    - No flag over the units
    - Restrictive camera.

This the most interesting for the MP.
    More suprise and more strategic.

I think people would be using telescopes in this time period... That's what I tell myself so that it doesn't feel like cheating when I check out what my opponent has as soon as the battle begins.

u can easily remove the limit of camera editing it in preferences file (camera type=2)

Quote Originally Posted by ronchas View Post
    u can easily remove the limit of camera editing it in preferences file (camera type=2)
    I think you misunderstand ronchas, you're referring to what I recall as 'movie cam' in RTW which gives a 100% view of the battlefield from any angle. Which is brilliant for making clips and taking dramatic pictures etc........

I'm talking about restrictive camera which 'limits' your view of the battlefield.

JohnHamm's Avatar Civis

Honestly i would kill to have the view from the eyes of only the General... and take it one step further by actually being the General while on the Battle field... This is one thing I think mount and blade has over the TW series for sure.
    John W. Hamm

If you like what I post +REP
    and I'll do the same for you!!

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Maybe because of the space on the CD? New features replace old ones...

I honestly never tried restrictive camera in Rome
    [Col] RO Citizen

cpdwane's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHamm View Post
    Honestly i would kill to have the view from the eyes of only the General... and take it one step further by actually being the General while on the Battle field... This is one thing I think mount and blade has over the TW series for sure.
    You can always press the insert button, but then you can't select other units
    Last edited by cpdwane; March 24, 2010 at 03:31 PM.

__________"Ancient History is my Achilles' Heel"___________

JohnHamm's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by cpdwane View Post
    You can always press the insert button, but then you can't select other units

And you can't move your mouse or press a button either... if you do, your right back in the air. So tht isn't a very good substitute.
    John W. Hamm

If you like what I post +REP
    and I'll do the same for you!!

Yeah losing the restricted camera was definitely a bad move - not like it wasn't optional.

I miss the restricted camera as it made the game harder LOL but now that i cant turn it off i just cant help but scroll across and see what the and where the enemy have there men (i am weak i know)

PS with insert i am able to make my men march swap units attack etc as long as you dont move the mouse to the edge of the screen it seems to work fine for me? all this from a soldiers eye view which i do findmyself doing oh and scrolling the mouse wheel swaps men to if ya didnt know(i am sure you did )Kinda cool sitting there watching my guy load his gun aim and fire like its first person then following the bullet LOL (or cav charges are pretty cool to

Heroes Hordes & beyond The official submod of KGCM (click the sig)

Well it would be best if enemy units could be revealed to you only if you had units at 200 or less range from them (like being hidden but spotted from that distance). It couldn't hurt to view the entire battlefied if you didn't know where they are. Now some of the saber armed light cavalry (Hussars for example), could reveal them from a greater distance. Generals could spot them with a spyglass ability as well (depending on rank).

Quote Originally Posted by Legless Lannes View Post
    I think you misunderstand ronchas, you're referring to what I recall as 'movie cam' in RTW which gives a 100% view of the battlefield from any angle. Which is brilliant for making clips and taking dramatic pictures etc........

I'm talking about restrictive camera which 'limits' your view of the battlefield.
    Sorry you´re right.