Thread: Naval Mod much needed!

Default Naval Mod much needed!

I use to enjoy the naval battles in Empire although it was a little unrealistic with the fast turnrates and damage-models. You could still use sound tactics regarding to manouvre and firepower, in order to win against the odds. But after my first naval battle in NTW, it seems that CA has taken a step backwards regarding to realism and enjoyment.

Nelson met the Spanish fleet near Trafalgar, and in 10 minutes half of my fleet of 1st and 2nd rates was sinking (and the spanish), and after 15 minutes only one ship was left! So these giant ships has hulls made out of eggshells, whitch can explain the insane fast turning rates and agility that are only rivaled by a TIE fighter from Starwars.

Please, please, please make a mod-tool that can enable the player to change the handling and damage-models in ships, so we can have a little enjoyment back in the naval battles!

Cheers,
    Intel i5-2500K + 2x Gigabyte GTX 770 OC SLI + Dell 27" @ 2.560 x 1.440
    Asus P8 P67 Mainboard 8GB Kingston HyperX Genesis RAM 1600 MHz Creative SB Z-SeriesLogitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Corsair TX 850 W Power Supply

Default Re: Naval Mod much needed!

I know Napoleon Empire Realism has fixed this already as I just played the same battle in a campaign as you did and it was epic. There are a couple other mods that are also working on or have their own fixes for this either through morale changes or hull values and gun damage values. Check them all out and see what you like!
    Also, you can grab the PFM editor and edit the values in a mod to fit your own wants too!

NER- http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=338437

Tyrant Full and Tyrant Combat - http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337787
    "What a place to plunder!" Gebhard Lebrecht Von Blücher on viewing London from St. Paul's after the peace banquet at Oxford

Senator

Default Re: Naval Mod much needed!

Ask from Bethencourt. Maybe he wants to do it.