Page 9 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Default Re: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

I have a question/suggestion:

When I played BC2, there were regions that didn't contributed to the whole strategical of the game neither game-play, these regions were far to much ''safe'', means that once gotten the AI would do almost NO effort to take it back or attack it. Those regions from my experience are (if you know one please add to the list):

- Cyprus : Once you get it no faction, KOJ, Abbuyid or even Byzantine make the slightness effort to take it back. But you partially solved the problem by reducing the number of regions from 2 to 1
    - Socotra(The Isle of the coast of Somalia): You eliminated it
    - Rhodes and Crete : you seems to have deleted the second from the map
    - Provinces at the border of the map
    Will it is a pity that this dimension of the game will be lost, but I understand that the AI is really poor at amphibious warfare

So here is my suggestion : Why don't script something so the faction navally active at the time, ERE and Abbyid, get a little bit active in the sea teather or very least triggering them to at least try to recapture Island ?

I loved your succession script, it challenging and original and give some action to the game.

Could we also have some kind of riot in the street of the cities ? My idea is that when the religious hatred is high in a given city, say the KOJ get Damasus and don't slaughter the populace, you can can get street riots, in which your guarnison get to battle angry mob of vilager or the lowest troop available. to add to the deep of the game, this revolts could span during lets say 2 GT

Maybe it is possible to do something of the kind if you can tinker with the battle in such a way that the attacking army (angry mob) start inside the walls ?

But for the rest your team Rocks

THE BEST MOD

THANK YOU Very much......

good luck....

notice: the map need a real terrain like Mountains, forests,deserts

Quote Originally Posted by qeaf View Post
    notice: the map need a real terrain like Mountains, forests,deserts
    And my notice to you is: read the pre-preview text carefuly. You will find there this:
    In this BC3 Pre-Preview, we have prepared for you a significant package of map screens and concept art. We need to remind you, though, that the map is still in very early development right now, and this means you won't be able to see landscape, shorelines lack finished smoothness, and there are none of the permanent forts that we intend to include, as well as no trade goods, garrisons or factions. But still you will be able feel the size of the new map, discover the distant horizons of your future conquest and get to know what the settlements that soon will be populated and guarded by garrisons are to be.

awesome!!!!!

I will waiting for this.

Alexandros I.'s Avatar Ordinarius

WOW! Especially the map looks better than the ver. 2 one!

im really excited about this does somebody know how long it will take to be finished??
    Last edited by nurhak; March 27, 2010 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nurhak View Post
    im really excited about this does somebody know how long it will take to be finished??
    Yes. Allah.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

The design is cool!!!
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Hey fellas,

The work seems amazing.

I would like to pitch in to deal with the AI, if you are interested. Please respond.

BC 3.0 will have new models for cities/castle,new icons for generals,new resources,and navigable rivers ?

Also will be new sound/voices for all factions/units?
    Last edited by PSIHOPAT-(01); March 27, 2010 at 09:04 AM.

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Very impressive; looking fwd to it.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Wow Wa Wee Wow! I thought there's gonna be Kievan Rus in this mod.

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    Yes. Allah.
    Then let's pray more! 10 times per day!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Quote Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
    Then let's pray more! 10 times per day!
    5 times a day is enough

Since we'll need Kingdom to run BC 3.0, are you going to use the various stone fort ?

Quote Originally Posted by -[Scorpion]- View Post
    Since we'll need Kingdom to run BC 3.0, are you going to use the various stone fort ?
    Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    Of course.
    Great, i know it did have a few stone fort in the Levant but what about the rest of the map(Eastern part) ?

Just few other thing i would like to know

-The stone fort are going to be permanent or constructable ?
    -Any chance that all factions could have the princess agent or atleast all non-muslim factions ?

Can you add some feature like this

Some of these "desert castles" do not have any defensive structures. The lack of a defensive architectural design suggests that most were built as recreational retreats. The early Arab rulers' built or took over these castles because they loved the desert. It appears that these castles were surrounded by artificial oases with fruit, vegetables and animals for hunting. Other theories suggest that the leaders and their families came to the desert to avoid epidemics (quickly spreading diseases) which plagued the big cities, or to maintain links with the Bedouin nomads, their relatives and the basis of their power.

Effect: when family member have plague ,come in castle to heal disease

Quote Originally Posted by -[Scorpion]- View Post
    Great, i know it did have a few stone fort in the Levant but what about the rest of the map(Eastern part) ?

Just few other thing i would like to know

-The stone fort are going to be permanent or constructable ?
    -Any chance that all factions could have the princess agent or atleast all non-muslim factions?
    We know that we will include stone forts, we know they will be important new feature, we know we will implement several types of PSF, but we still haven't solved many details about the PSF system in BC3. And we still haven't decided whether we will make them permanent or constructable. My personal choice would be permanent.

You must know that we are not able to answer all your questions. Simply because the serious work on BC3 has started very recently, about 3 months ago or so. The BC3 team is still forming and we still need some key-members to complete the team. So what we know about BC3 shape is the major features we want to implement (expanded map, new factions, some major scripts), but many other minor features has only been loosly discussed. This is good information for you guys. If you have some modding skills, if you have some free time and if you are BC well-wishers, you can still join us - The BC3 Team, participate in forming the BC3 idea, have real impact on how BC3 will look like. And of course help the BC3 to be a nice present on the december christmas Join the BC3 Team!

aaah december