Page 5 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Campidoctor

Default Re: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Maybe I missed it as I had to scan the whole thread rather quickly. I'm supposed to be working you know! I'm hoping it has been decided to move on to Kingdoms rather than a straight up MedII mod?

Where will Delhi sultanate emerge? India?

Looking good, will be interesting how this turns out... most intrigued by the succession script, because it seems to run counter to the large map and of course the underlying TW gameplay model of "fight everyone and conquer the whole world/map"...

Personally, I would like a campaign in which most factions were still there at the end of it because there's no rise of superpowers that swallow up everyone else - sadly, taking over the whole world in endless stack-spam-battles is apparently more "epic" and what people like to play.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Well, being a rule of an empire wasn't a cake walk.
    Of course. I'm speaking from a gameplay point of view here - if something has the effect of being tedious and repetitive after a while, rather than interesting, it should imho be toned down, even if it would have been more realistic: after all, it's a game.
    The current long campaign victory condition is, iirc, 60 provinces, and with a larger map, I fear it will be more (if not - good! ), spanning a large area. So eventually, you _have_ to rule a large empire.
    Even currently, I find it hard to see a long campaign through till the end - after you rule 40 or 50 of the required 60 provinces, you're generally done, and the rest is just wrapping up, which isn't interesting any more. With even more provinces, and more required micromanagement, and longer distances, this effect is getting more pronounced. (And what I don't really like about short campaigns is the fixed expansion - you need to get certain provinces, which means I'm not free to do as I like. So I always start long campaigns, abandoning them after I'm convinced that I'd win...)

Anyway, I assure you that it will be really hard to build up a very large empire and that you won't have to visit all your settlements but only those crucial.
    That's good, thanks.

Why, if I may ask?
    Importance - the cities are quite close to one another, but Mashhad was (is) a major pilgrimage site. A number of famous people were born at Tous, but the city itself, it seems to me, didn't play much of a role.
    Last edited by Aradius; March 24, 2010 at 11:12 AM.
    Therefore I have sailed the seas and come
    To the holy city of Byzantium. - W.B. Yeats

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Pambas View Post
    I don't care if Armenia, Makuria, Byzancium Empire of Santa Clausium Empirium was stronger
    Please lets skip nationalistic crap and other useless discussion and instead enjoy the game. I suppose the criterion from selecting faction is : historical accuracy & gameplay experience

Nationalism is so

Will I don't care about Armenia being more powerful than the Santa Clausian Deadlium Empirium, I do care to know if this version of the BC will have some Battle and campaign AI improvement

Anyone can clarify me
    Hey,what are you speaking about?
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan SPARAPET View Post
    Hey,what are you speaking about?
    me ? nothing

I was just trying to resonate you after you rant when another person ''compared armenia to the Roman empire'' Lets leave nationalistic rant outside and focus on the mod

So does the battle and campaign AI is improved ?

I'm really interested to see if there a mean to have a maritime struggle bettwen the romans Navy and the Egytian one

I remenber the last time I played BC I mounted a sea expedition from Makuria to India ... everything went right until pirates sank my fleet and a full stack of troops and a general I did it again and succesfully landed my Makurian in India

So is there a mean to have some faction relatively active in sea warfare ? like more blockades and some sea landing and invasion ?

But please don't make it like a spam of galleys all over the place ... or I will have to use my secret weapons

Jazz19's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by ST. Toma View Post

Will be included renaming script? (In mod 1143, this script was taken, and when Romanic peoples (Aragonese, Navarrese, Castillian and Portuguese) take an Arabic settlement, the Arabic name changed to Romanic (for example: Al-Ishbuna - Lisboa). In the Middle East it can be also useful.

Congrat once again! I'm looking forward the release!
    This would be cool if possible. Turkish conquests of Smyrna and Nicaea etc can become Izmir and Iznik respectively. Roman reconquests of Erzurum or Malatya can become Theodosiopolis or Melitene respectively, etc etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Mirni View Post
    I'd only be guessing, but I would assume they would spawn as a horde in the Punjab region.

I would also assume that the Mongols would emerge in the upper right corner of the map (either north of Lake Balkash or within the Kara Khitai domains instead of near Samarkand in BC1/BC2
    Last edited by Jazz19; March 24, 2010 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spelling...

Perhaps it would be north of lake Balkash...
    Last edited by Atabeg; March 24, 2010 at 12:59 PM.

Do you guys have any info on Malikate of Mazandaran? Could not find anything...

Looks fantastic!!
    Congratulations to the team

me ? nothing

I was just trying to resonate you after you rant when another person ''compared armenia to the Roman empire'' Lets leave nationalistic rant outside and focus on the mod
    Ok,let's,but there wasn't any nationalistic ideas in my post(I think so).
    Anyway let's forget about it and just discuss the game.

Jazz19's Avatar Civis

I really hope, that smaller settlements (for example Cilician Seleukeia, Vahka, Dvin, Ani, etc.) will be represented with constant forts. It would be great. (In some mods this was included)....
    I have not played Kingdoms or any Kingdoms-mod in over a year, so I can't remember, but are the forts themselves named?

Civis

Verry good job! I like verry much BC2, it is the only mod I have played for a while. So I await eagerly to play BC3. So, I read that the mod will switch the engine to Kingdoms, so it will be another forum about BC2 to Kingdom's modifications, or will remain here??
    Anyway, good job lads!!!
    "A people with no history is a people with no future" - Nicolae Iorga

I also liked you design. It looks historical.

looks brilliant, but I would expect nothing else from this group. Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz19 View Post
    I have not played Kingdoms or any Kingdoms-mod in over a year, so I can't remember, but are the forts themselves named?
    They don't have names originally, but I read somewhere, that they could have names with a script. In some mods this is solved.

Tadzreuli's Avatar Chevalier Blanche

more realistic, more historic , more beautiful ! this my words, thank you for this work and + rep

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Guys, thank your for you kind words and your interest! This is greatest motivation!

I've adressed some question but will be better to put my replies into spoiler:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz19 View Post
    I'll disagree here. As I mentioned earlier this thread, I was slightly disappointed with the region number in Anatolia being reduced from ~31 to 20, especially given the context of

• newer factions in the Eastern Anatolian region (Mosul, & Azerbaijan)
    • the presence of Alania directing the Georgians southwards into Anatolia
    • and the possible weakening of the Roman Empire

Well, Mosul isn't in Anatolia and Azerbaijan isn't Anatolia at all.
    I thought that maintaining the number of regions around 31 used for BC1/BC2 would have really intensified the battle for Anatolia. I am really curious about the layout of the permanent stone forts in this area and how that would affect the campaign.
    This is a matter of implementation. Number of regions alone won't make significant difference, I think.

And with lower number of provinces the battle for survival of factions in the region will be more intensive. Keep in mind that we've presented only small part of what we are planning to do. This is not good base for drawing conclusions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider1110 View Post
    too bad. but you're probably missing the developers for it. and since i'm not offering myself i better shut up now.
    That's not quite true. Retep is very quick in making things like scripts and traits. The thing is that research for this kind of work is very time consuming. And it would be good to have different traits for almost every faction. In other words - a lot of work need to be done before we will present you something in this area.
    Please lets skip nationalistic crap and other useless discussion and instead enjoy the game. I suppose the criterion from selecting faction is : historical accuracy & gameplay experience
    He was clearly on topic and discussing the game play feature, so please, stop provoking him. This is not Political Mudpit.
    I really hope, that smaller settlements (for example Cilician Seleukeia, Vahka, Dvin, Ani, etc.) will be represented with constant forts. It would be great. (In some mods this was included)
    Yes, most likely it will be made this way. Anyway, stone forts will be definitely in.
    Will be included renaming script? (In mod 1143, this script was taken, and when Romanic peoples (Aragonese, Navarrese, Castillian and Portuguese) take an Arabic settlement, the Arabic name changed to Romanic (for example: Al-Ishbuna - Lisboa). In the Middle East it can be also useful.
    A cool feature, yeah. It may be. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirni View Post
    That's right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradius View Post
    The current long campaign victory condition is, iirc, 60 provinces, and with a larger map, I fear it will be more (if not - good! ), spanning a large area. So eventually, you _have_ to rule a large empire.
    Victory conditions will be completely different. At least we will try to make them so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atabeg View Post
    Do you guys have any info on Malikate of Mazandaran? Could not find anything...
    Yes, we do. We wouldn't show you something that didn't exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by predadan79 View Post
    So, I read that the mod will switch the engine to Kingdoms, so it will be another forum about BC2 to Kingdom's modifications, or will remain here??
    Most likely it will be moved to the Kingdoms section, but after the release.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Why the hell ain't America on this map?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

~Broken Crescent 3.0 - Lead 2D Artist~

This is an awesome surprise, my favorite Med 2 mod just got even better!