Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Default Re: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Stellar preview! BC has been one of my favorite mods, and I am glad to see it lives on! Keep up the good work BC team!

Ok, guys, I haven't started reading it yet, but THIS IS AWESOME!
    I love you

Edit: Finished! OMG this is beautiful!
    Last edited by Lupu; March 23, 2010 at 06:20 PM.

great preview.

the new map looks great. breaking up the seljuks and reducing the regions in anatolia should really help in preventing one faction getting really big early in the game like what we currently see often. one thing comes to my mind though: what happened to the arabian desert? the map doesn't show the neutral "buffer" region you have right now. are you going to make it crossable in 3.0 or did you fix the AI problems which were the reason for puting it in?

also i guess the list of upcomming features is exhaustive. so no overhaul of the trait system, right?

i also really like what i see of the succesion script. this looks like it can make the game more intersting and difficult when you're holding a big empire.
    Waiting for:

Quote Originally Posted by Spider1110 View Post
    great preview.

the new map looks great. breaking up the seljuks and reducing the regions in anatolia should really help in preventing one faction getting really big early in the game like what we currently see often. one thing comes to my mind though: what happened to the arabian desert? the map doesn't show the neutral "buffer" region you have right now. are you going to make it crossable in 3.0 or did you fix the AI problems which were the reason for puting it in?
    We just filled it with impassable terrain. I think that the province scheme fixed the AI, but there's no way to be sure. We might still have problems...playtesting is nowhere near ready to begin.

also i guess the list of upcomming features is exhaustive. so no overhaul of the trait system, right?
    Some new stuff here and there, interesting new traits where we see fit, etcetera. But a real overhaul to utterly revamp the style like EB? Not planned.....

i also really like what i see of the succesion script. this looks like it can make the game more intersting and difficult when you're holding a big empire.
    Yay!

Nice preview guys, look really promising. I especially like the fact that you're going to add so many factions, it'll should be interesting to play with them.

Just a few question
    -Do we gonna finally see some religious revolt ? Ex: Christian taking Mecca and leaving just one unit as a garrison.
    -How the succession script is gonna work ? Did it's linked to the Heir Dread or Chavalric points ?
    -How different the AoR it's gonna be compared to BC2.0 ? Reduced or Expanded ?
    -Did it's true that we'll need the Kingdom expension for version 3.0 ?
    -Did it's true it'll be 4 turn per years now instead of the old 2 ?

P.S.Sorry if some of these question was answered before, i didn't read it all.
    Last edited by -[Scorpion]-; March 23, 2010 at 08:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -[Scorpion]- View Post
    -Do we gonna finally see some religious revolt ? Ex: Christian taking Mecca and leaving just one unit as a garrison.
    Perhaps. Too early to say...
    -How the succession script is gonna work ? Did it's linked to the Heir Dread or Chavalric points ?
    It's tied to a large variety of things--Original Authority of heir, blood "status" of heir, the original Loyalty of the various generals.
    -How different the AoR it's gonna be compared to BC2.0 ? Reduced or Expanded ?
    Too early to say.
    -Did it's true that we'll need the Kingdom expension for version 3.0
    It will. Paves the way for many new features.
    .....I don't think so....too much time would pass before, say the Mongol invasion. Empires would get too big.

Second question on Yemen. Which faction is Yemen represented by? Will it be the Rassid Imamate, the Kharijites of Zabīd, Banu Karam? Knowing the game starts in the spring of 1174 makes it possible to be a Yemenite power, and I love to hear this very much. I just want to know who is being represented now since Yemen is one of my favorite places in Earth.

Jazz19's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by retep219 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by -[Scorpion]- View Post
    .....I don't think so....too much time would pass before, say the Mongol invasion. Empires would get too big.
    Not to hold anyone to anything yet as I am sure lots of things still have to be discussed with the BC team, but it was mentioned that BC 3.0 might go to 4 turns/yr in another thread...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...51#post6942851

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    Nope. Most likely 3.0 will end somwhere round 1300.
    Isn't that a bit early? I would go at least until 1350 if not 1400....
    ....No, it's not. With 4 turns per year system you will have c. 450 turns to play, and currently, with 2 t/y system you have just the same amount of turns to play. Yet, very few players find interest to stay so long in game.

And there's more serious problem - during 1174-1400 period there were significant changes on geopolitical scene. We couldn't implement them all. That's why 3.0 will end somewhere near 1300.

Jazz19's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Spider1110 View Post
    great preview.

the new map looks great. breaking up the seljuks and reducing the regions in anatolia should really help in preventing one faction getting really big early in the game like what we currently see often....

I'll disagree here. As I mentioned earlier this thread, I was slightly disappointed with the region number in Anatolia being reduced from ~31 to 20, especially given the context of

• newer factions in the Eastern Anatolian region (Mosul, & Azerbaijan)
    • the presence of Alania directing the Georgians southwards into Anatolia
    • and the possible weakening of the Roman Empire

I thought that maintaining the number of regions around 31 used for BC1/BC2 would have really intensified the battle for Anatolia. I am really curious about the layout of the permanent stone forts in this area and how that would affect the campaign.

achwell's Avatar Biarchus

Looking great
    I just love this mod

edit.........
    Last edited by Atabeg; March 24, 2010 at 04:40 AM.

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Excellent preview! I really find the maps very good and the factions selection uber cool.
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Violator's Avatar Centenarius

So B.C. is getting bigger and better!!! Alright!! Good luck team!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz19 View Post
    I'll disagree here. As I mentioned earlier this thread, I was slightly disappointed with the region number in Anatolia being reduced from ~31 to 20, especially given the context of

• newer factions in the Eastern Anatolian region (Mosul, & Azerbaijan)
    • the presence of Alania directing the Georgians southwards into Anatolia
    • and the possible weakening of the Roman Empire

I thought that maintaining the number of regions around 31 used for BC1/BC2 would have really intensified the battle for Anatolia. I am really curious about the layout of the permanent stone forts in this area and how that would affect the campaign.
    my comment was fueled by what i have seen i my BC 2.0 campaigns. whoever came out on top of the battle in anatolia (romans or turks) would at that point be a stack spaming powerhouse as both have one of the biggest AoR. and that did't always take that long.
    you are right in that there are a couple of other factors besides the number of regions which will influence the length and result of the struggle for power in anatolia. but how it will turn out in the end is pretty much impossible to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by retep219 View Post
    Some new stuff here and there, interesting new traits where we see fit, etcetera. But a real overhaul to utterly revamp the style like EB? Not planned.....
    too bad. but you're probably missing the developers for it. and since i'm not offering myself i better shut up now.
    Waiting for:

Holy .... Allhahu !!!

Yes You made it ... YES you cured me ... or destroyed me ... I was sober for 4 month ! 4 month without playing M2TW and I even de-installed ... but BC succeed in making me come back

I haven have (for the first time) the original CD (since torrents were always a pain the arse with mods) ... and I'm looking forward for this mod

I loved BC2, it was my preferred mod in M2TW, I really enjoyed it

I see that you have eliminated the Useless/to safe regions : Famagusta, Crete and Socotra ... with the limitation of the AI, they were no enhancement for the game play anyway (conquer, garnish, and forget)

The wider map is epic and I'm ready to dust of my swords

Great MOD and great work from you guys, keeping the BC series roaring with this 3 instalment is just great

You saved a M2TW fan from apathy

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Hey,Silesian Noble,you always compare Armenia with other countries.I don't say that Armenia was more powerful than Byzantium and I never told the word "the most".I agree with karo I told that it was quite powerful for it's sizes and not so weak for only two cities if can't add more I don't say something.And,please read my posts more careful!!!
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan SPARAPET View Post
    Hey,Silesian Noble,you always compare Armenia with other countries.I don't say that Armenia was more powerful than Byzantium and I never told the word "the most".I agree with karo I told that it was quite powerful for it's sizes and not so weak for only two cities if can't add more I don't say something.And,please read my posts more careful!!!
    I don't care if Armenia, Makuria, Byzancium Empire of Santa Clausium Empirium was stronger
    Please lets skip nationalistic crap and other useless discussion and instead enjoy the game. I suppose the criterion from selecting faction is : historical accuracy & gameplay experience

Nationalism is so

Will I don't care about Armenia being more powerful than the Santa Clausian Deadlium Empirium, I do care to know if this version of the BC will have some Battle and campaign AI improvement

Anyone can clarify me

Awesome presantation!

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Oh my God, this is a dream come true. Broken Crescent is by far the best M2 mod out there.

Hail!
    It's an amazing pre-preview, I can't choose form Alania, Volga-Bulgaria, Vladimir and the Kara-Khitans to play first
    I really hope, that smaller settlements (for example Cilician Seleukeia, Vahka, Dvin, Ani, etc.) will be represented with constant forts. It would be great. (In some mods this was included)

Will be included renaming script? (In mod 1143, this script was taken, and when Romanic peoples (Aragonese, Navarrese, Castillian and Portuguese) take an Arabic settlement, the Arabic name changed to Romanic (for example: Al-Ishbuna - Lisboa). In the Middle East it can be also useful.

Congrat once again! I'm looking forward the release!