Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Great preview, guys!!!

A small note:
    The most important city of Crimaian paeninsula in the Middle Ages was Cherson, not Theodosia

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrock View Post
    Great preview, guys!!!

A small note:
    The most important city of Crimaian paeninsula in the Middle Ages was Cherson, not Theodosia
    But Theodosia soon after 1174 was taken by Genoeses and renamed to Caffa - the largest city of Crimean Penisula during medieval period

Augustus Lucifer's Avatar Life = Like a beanstalk
    Patrician Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Strelac View Post
    now when your a release?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Great work guys. Very well presented preview, props to Y who I assume took the content and made it spiffy.

ly0_ly0's Avatar Miles

Icon14 Re: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Volga Bulgaria sweet

I'm a rep whore so rep me already

Great preview guys but I got a couple of questions.

First: why is Ani replaced by Kars? And in the old Van province why has Van been changed?
    Second: What are you guys planning to do about the area of recruitment?
    Thirdly: what are you guys going to do about the economy? Rs or Eb style of economy?

And are any of the old factions going to get some new units or something else?

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Silesian_Noble View Post
    I hope to sw

But they are one of the smallest provinces placed in the most crowded region already. We had to make some reasonable compromises.
    Yes,it is small but it was powerful and very advanced because although of his sizes it lived 300 years,being surrounded with powerful counties,besides it was situated near the see and had very developed trade system with the most powerful countries of the Europe and East.It was situated in two different lands:flat and mounted,which allowed to satisfy all his needs and sell also different things to his neighbors for example much metal to Egypt etc...
    As you you see the money was much,the lands were one of the bests for living,trade and defense and the army had took best traditions of ancient Armenia and modern Europe.
    So you see that you can add some more cities due to of his power and advanced position with it's small sizes near the powerful invaders.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Is alania a Islamic or christianfaction?

Quote Originally Posted by Karklos View Post
    Is alania a Islamic or christianfaction?
    Christian.

Djordje's Avatar Civis

I can just say...wow

Quote Originally Posted by Vardan SPARAPET View Post
    Yes,it is small but it was powerful
    I doubt it was more powerful then Byzantrium or Turks in 1174y.
    and very advanced because although of his sizes it lived 300
    I don't think Armenians lived in Clicia for 300y in 1174, I think Armenian migration to Cilicia was much younger event.
    years,being surrounded with powerful counties,besides it was situated near the see and had very developed trade system with the most powerful countries of the Europe and East.
    Would you say that Byzantium was less developed?
    It was situated in two different lands:flat and mounted,which allowed to satisfy all his needs and sell also different things to his neighbors for example much metal to Egypt etc...
    We would appreciate if you send us (by PM) your trade resources info about Cilicia Armenia so we could take it into consideration when we will manage the trade goods arrangement on the map.
    As you you see the money was much,the lands were one of the bests for living,trade and defense and the army had took best traditions of ancient Armenia and modern Europe.
    We are sure there were several spots on BC3 range map that were not worse, or maybe even better developed then Cilicia Armenia but yet it is Cilicia Armenia that got one of the smallest provinces which make that area one of the most urbanized/developed on the map. We can't do more as we are restricted by the game limits, sorry.
    So you see that you can add some more cities due to of his power and advanced position with it's small sizes near the powerful invaders.
    We have used all the 199provinces allowed by the game's engine. We can't add more provinces to the map.
    Quote Originally Posted by karo View Post
    Great preview guys but I got a couple of questions.
    First: why is Ani replaced by Kars?
    Because Kars location is more suitable for the gamelay purpose while we don't think it was less important.
    And in the old Van province why has Van been changed?
    We found some materials saying Khlat was more important, plus Khlat location is again better suitable for the gameplay purpose.
    Second: What are you guys planning to do about the area of recruitment?
    We have several ideas how to develop it. This issue is still discussed among the team. But you may expect more advanced AOR in BC3 and more AOR units available for recruitment.
    Thirdly: what are you guys going to do about the economy? Rs or Eb style of economy?
    Economy is one of the very important gameplay area for the BC3 that we still haven't decided yet its direction of development. We do have some nice ideas and are analyzing what are the possibilites.
    And are any of the old factions going to get some new units or something else?
    We would like to refresh each roster, if not by adding another unit, then maybe by replacing some. But we also need new talents (skinners, modellers) that would help us to make those plan real. The priority for us are the new factions, there are many of them and the job to make good rosters for them is huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arystan View Post
    Yeah Nice!But Utrar city is wrong writing,correctly - Otrar!
    It depends. Different maps show different names. Sometimes it is Utrar, other times Otrar. Could you provide us some reference info to prove that Otrar was more common and suitable name?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arystan View Post
    And NOT Urgend,Urdenj is correct!
    Actually the name on our map is Uzgend. Again I saw slightly different names of that settlements when analysing our resource maps.

One thing, I noticed that some factions on the map did not have any symbol? Like Alania, Mazandaran, Kara Khitai.

I doubt it was more powerful then Byzantrium or Turks in 1174y.

I don't think Armenians lived in Clicia for 300y in 1174, I think Armenian migration to Cilicia was much younger event.

Would you say that Byzantium was less developed?
    It wasn't stronger, but was strong enough to be a player in the region and gain influence over other little kingdoms.
    There was an Armenian presence in the region for a longer time, I believe since the time of Tigran the Great that there was an Armenian presence in the area.

And thanks for the info.
    Hope you can improve the game of Mirage the Great.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by Atabeg View Post
    One thing, I noticed that some factions on the map did not have any symbol? Like Alania, Mazandaran, Kara Khitai.
    This is temporary, they haven't been done yet, but we have few cool ideas for them.
    Hope you can improve the game of Mirage the Great.
    Well, given our plans, 3.0 will be much more than just an improvement.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Giorgios's Avatar Campidoctor

Really nice pre-preview only my typical quibble- that northern Roman border should be on the Danube, not just cutting straight across the Balkans! Also, I wonder if Preslav is a better settlement to have than Silistra? Up to you!

Looking forward to the next preview.

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    Welcome to the Steppes, my friend
    Feel like in own home
    Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    I understand your sentiment in reference to BC 2.0 though, when the steppes formed the heartland of a one-front Kypchak faction; however, it looks like we'll be treated to a contest-of-arms for control of the steppes between the Rus, Volga Bulgars, and Kypchaks - perhaps that will make the steppes feel less small for you this time around
    Don't forget the Qara Khitans and Khwarazm! And you won't wait long for welcoming the Mongols And maybe, maybe there will be even something more (as we haven't decided what to do with the last faction slot yet and another steppe faction is one of the few possibilities on the table ).
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Zuma View Post
    Very good especially i like what vladimir-suzdal principality in mod!
    A dream of many BC supporters about playing Rus faction is finally about to happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz19 View Post
    Great News!
    Slightly disappointed to see the Anatolia's number of regions drop from approx 31 to 20, but I see how the team wanted to increase the map (the fact that the area has so many regions made the battle for Anatolia seem more realistic in BC1/BC2 as opposed to the vanilla game that had only had 6 regions and many other mods not really increasing that number....).
    We want to give more attention to the muslim world as BC was created for such reason. You can find many mods with detailed Byzantium (which in BC is on the edge of the map), while probably none (excluding BC) about middle east.
    However, will the use of stone forts compensate for this reduction?
    Yes.
    Also, will Cyrenaica & the center of Arabia still be unreachable?
    Probably yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shasqua View Post
    I'm surprised by the sheer number of new factions! Will Fars, Mazandaran, and Kerman have different units?
    Their rosters will be very similar, but we want to distinct them by few faction specific units. They will occupy different regions which also means an access to diferent AoR units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirni View Post
    I will not like to see Christian Factions from the edge of map controling half map in 150turn.
    Byzantium is huge at start, but got its own problems which will make its gameplay really hard.
    Last edited by Silesian_Noble; March 23, 2010 at 05:41 PM.

(we haven't decided what to do with the last faction slot yet).
    So 1 more faction will be added?

Cool.
    Last edited by Atabeg; March 23, 2010 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wudang_clown View Post
    This is temporary, they haven't been done yet, but we have few cool ideas for them.
    Thanks.

Great pre-preview, I look forward to more previews and soon BC 3.0 itself. Good luck and keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by Giorgios View Post
    Also, I wonder if Preslav is a better settlement to have than Silistra?
    By the start of the mod Preslav had lost its importance, while Drustur (Silistra) remained an important fortress until the Ottoman conquest, and even afterwards, actually all the way to the late 19th century.

Navajo Joe's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

The Preview looks really great, cannot wait to see the finished article, all the best,

'Proud to be patronised by cedric37(My Father and My Guardian)