Page 13 of 56 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Default Re: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Quote Originally Posted by dendza View Post
    I do understand, but this great mod is covering area that allows to play almost full range of both Mongol invasion west of China (Batu khan - Battle of Mohach) and Ottoman conquest and fall of Konstantinople and Balkans afterwards ... (almost up to Battle for Vienna).

May I humbly recomend a Late Era campaign in this Mod including these factions I desire and I believe many players share my point of view.

Then what do we remove? The Balkans, if they are to be presented well, will require an additional ~20 provinces and ~3 faction slots. This will subtract from Broken Crescent as a whole, which, as a mod, means to focus on the Middle East. The faction slots will have to come from our areas of focus, and the Balkan provinces will make areas like Persia or Syria less detailed. A late campaign is plenty of work for too little gain--we have this campaign as a priority first.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by nedensiz1 View Post
    That's just my idea and thank you brother for yours
    You speak very correct!!!I liked it!
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Quote Originally Posted by retep219 View Post
    Then what do we remove? The Balkans, if they are to be presented well, will require an additional ~20 provinces and ~3 faction slots. This will subtract from Broken Crescent as a whole, which, as a mod, means to focus on the Middle East. The faction slots will have to come from our areas of focus, and the Balkan provinces will make areas like Persia or Syria less detailed. A late campaign is plenty of work for too little gain--we have this campaign as a priority first.
    That's what I'm talking about, replace some minor factions in late era campaign and enlarge some provinces and erase others ... ofcorse, when you finish your early era campaign as priority

I don't believe you don't realise how much more supporters your mod will have by allowing such good historical campaigns which are totaly missing from M2TW altogether ...

Quote Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
    forgive me I if I might sound hard...
    ...You cannot call A State that Existed with the names you simply WANT....
    You are right, only mod makers call a name what they simply WANT!

There is no need to make a fuss about this.

Rum = Anatolia. It has same meaning.

Of coruse Seljuqs of Anatolia can also be used, but actually it was never used in history...
    Last edited by Atabeg; April 04, 2010 at 12:44 AM.

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Visarion View Post
    very nice!
    Yes visarion this is one of the greatest mods in this forum!!!

Boztorgai_Khan's Avatar Domesticus

the Volga-Bulgars logo, banner, flag is not true, you can use Kazan-Tatars Coa is much better then what you have

MOD's: >>> K-MTW2 & EW MOD & BC MOD <<< BoZToRGai KHaN

Official Web Site: http://www.djeak.com/boztorgaikhan/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

Website: http://www.cumankipchaksgroup.com/ (Coming Soon..!!!)

well done

cenkiss's Avatar Domesticus

Seljuks of rum will be the best name for that faction.

Nerva's Avatar Ordinarius

Are you going to move the mod to kingdoms expansion? or keep it in M2TW?... Because all this in a hotseat campaing would be great!!
    The best of the lucks
    Nerva

Quote Originally Posted by Boztorgai_Khan View Post
    the Volga-Bulgars logo, banner, flag is not true, you can use Kazan-Tatars Coa is much better then what you have
    It is not enough to state what is better in your opinion to make us change something. You need to prove you are right, so you should present some reliable data. This is the kind of support we ask for

Quote Originally Posted by Nerva View Post
    Are you going to move the mod to kingdoms expansion? or keep it in M2TW?... Because all this in a hotseat campaing would be great!!
    The best of the lucks
    Nerva
    It was stated by BC3 team many times, that BC3 is a mod based on Kingdoms.
    Last edited by Silesian_Noble; April 05, 2010 at 01:33 PM.

Please see Zeph mod he are create 7 factions to CAE.

If someone does not like a faction name, it can always be changed, just like city names can be changed in the city scroll. I think it can be done in the faction overview.

I for example prefer to call Volga Bulgaria simply Bulgaria, since this is what those who lived there called it, and there is not reason to differentiate from Danube Bulgaria in this particular mod. But this is my preference only and not something I feel I should impose on everyone else, especially since I can change the name of the faction I play with as I like anyway.
    Last edited by Kavhan Isbul; April 05, 2010 at 04:16 PM.

But I think there must be historical accurate.Volga Bulgaria and Bulgaria are very different!

Everybody listen it this music is in the Bc 2.2 and i hope Bc 3.0 the music name is Shab Ayum
    http://www.persianhub.org/download/2...-abrisham.html

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by dendza View Post
    That's what I'm talking about, replace some minor factions in late era campaign and enlarge some provinces and erase others ... ofcorse, when you finish your early era campaign as priority

I don't believe you don't realise how much more supporters your mod will have by allowing such good historical campaigns which are totaly missing from M2TW altogether ...
    We won't be changing the mod which we haven't even finished yet.

So, we won't replace any factions by other factions and we won't expand the map, because... surprise... we are at the beginning of BC 3.0 development.

You have no idea, how much work it would require to change the plans right now. It would be like throwing off almost everything we've done so far.

So, please, stop insisting on playable Mongols, because there won't be playable Mongols in BC 3.0. Period.

However, maybe after 3.0 we, or another team, will decide to make late era campaign. But that will be completely different story.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Jazz19's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by nedensiz1 View Post
    My English is not good but I would like to write something about that:
    First Anatolian Seljuks or Anatolian Turks were not Arabs so how can you prefer this Arabic name?
    Second I think Turkish players (who live in Turkey) will not like this half Hellenic half Arabic name cause they are Turks not Hellens or Arabs.
    And I think Anatolian Seljuks would be better prefer for a name (if you need a name).

But there is a Turkish name, it is Rum Selēukluları, which in English is "Seljuks of Rūm"

Also, may I ask how you can confidently speak for all Turkish players who as you state, will not like this term?

As mentioned above by Eisberg, matmohair1 & Atabeg, according to all Muslims of the time, Anatolia had belonged to the Roman Empire for over 1,000 years, and hence Arabs used the term ar-Rūm when referring to that area. When the Seljuks burst into the scene in the mid eleventh century, they simply borrowed the Arab term as they had no term for the Roman Empire of their own. This happens all the time in history with peoples migrating around and using a term not native to their language.

Also, look at the city of Erzurum in Eastern Turkey, that name itself derives from "Arz-e Rūm" or, "The Land of the Romans" in Farsi (Persian). Is there any nationalistic outcry in Turkey with using a Persian name for that city? Many of the other names in Turkey are derived from their former Greek names (eg, Nicaea -> Iznik, Smyrna -> Izmir, Attaleia -> Antalya, Ancyra -> Ankara etc).

So please don't be ultra-nationalistic and simply enjoy this great game and great mod! The name also pays homage to what was anyways. It's better to remember history, not bury it...

Hail!
    Some old questions and a new one:
    Will smaller settlements (for example Cilician Seleukeia, Vahka, Dvin, Ani, etc.) be represented with constant forts. It would be great. (In some mods this was included)

Will be included renaming script? (In mod 1143, this script was taken, and when Romanic peoples (Aragonese, Navarrese, Castillian and Portuguese) take an Arabic settlement, the Arabic name changed to Romanic (for example: Al-Ishbuna - Lisboa). In the Middle East it can be also useful.

And the new one:
    You have one empty place in the faction list. Why did you remove the Great Seljuks? In the start of the game, they would be on their old starting position (Rayy, Isfahan, Hamadan, Yezd) and some of the new Atabegs would be vassals. Then the Seljuks wouldn't be so strong, but they should exist as a weakened realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz19 View Post
    But there is a Turkish name, it is Rum Selēukluları, which in English is "Seljuks of Rūm"

Also, may I ask how you can confidently speak for all Turkish players who as you state, will not like this term?

As mentioned above by Eisberg, matmohair1 & Atabeg, according to all Muslims of the time, Anatolia had belonged to the Roman Empire for over 1,000 years, and hence Arabs used the term ar-Rūm when referring to that area. When the Seljuks burst into the scene in the mid eleventh century, they simply borrowed the Arab term as they had no term for the Roman Empire of their own. This happens all the time in history with peoples migrating around and using a term not native to their language.

Also, look at the city of Erzurum in Eastern Turkey, that name itself derives from "Arz-e Rūm" or, "The Land of the Romans" in Farsi (Persian). Is there any nationalistic outcry in Turkey with using a Persian name for that city? Many of the other names in Turkey are derived from their former Greek names (eg, Nicaea -> Iznik, Smyrna -> Izmir, Attaleia -> Antalya, Ancyra -> Ankara etc).

So please don't be ultra-nationalistic and simply enjoy this great game and great mod! The name also pays homage to what was anyways. It's better to remember history, not bury it...
    Rum means Roman simply,

Not Anatolian nor anything else...

And some of our nationalist fellas make a mistake and feels offended from that word because "Rum" in modern Turkish means "Greek". That's the problem

Plus, even in Kuran there is a *Sure (Surah, Sura) named *Ar-Rum. Means "Romans".

So, Seljuks of Rum does not make us Greek guys. Ease your nerves and enjoy that great mod.

BTW godspeed team BC. Your dedication and hardwork is admirable.

Goodluck,

*Sure
    A Surah (also spelled Sura, Arabic: سورة‎ sūrah plural سور suwar) is a chapter of the Qur'an, traditionally arranged roughly in order of decreasing length. Each Surah is named for a word or name mentioned in one of its ayat (sections).

*Ar-RumSurat Ar-Rum (Arabic: سورة الروم‎, "Sura of the Romans", referring to the Byzantine Empire)[1] is the 30th sura of the Qur'an with 60 ayat. It calls Muslims to look forward to the victory it prophesies of the Emperor Heraclius' Christians over the Persian Zoroastrians. In it, Christianity is shown preference over non-Abrahamic faiths.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ar-Rum