Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

SoulBlade's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Broken Crescent 3.0 Pre-Preview!

Holy.... Allah!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Roman View Post
    Satan works in cunning way to keep us away of god. Sciene is the religion of Satan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes. View Post
    TWC is ruining my abilty to have an erection
    Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Regarding the Irish, if its between them and the Timurids:
    Irish: ran around bogs and forests munching on potatoes
    Timurids: slaughtered millions and threw empires into terror
    OK I'm not sure the Irish had potatoes in medieval times but that still doesn't tip things in their favour
    When in doubt, say - Trve Norsk Blękk Mettal

a

// [Last.fm][/SPOILER]
    Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009!

[SPOILER]

Supremacy1914 - the best MMO

Spoiler for Dangerous stuff
    Code:
    Signature stock:  

Jaytee's Avatar Miles

Thank you for the pre-preview. I only fear that the huge enlargement of the current map is going to slow my laptop down even more when I'm on the campaign map. That being said, it is definately needed so that the new factions can fit in nice.

However, one thing I noticed is that the starting position of the Ghaznavid Sultanate and the Sultanate of Ghazni are the opposite way around to their starting postions in BC2. Why is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Thank you for the pre-preview. I only fear that the huge enlargement of the current map is going to slow my laptop down even more when I'm on the campaign map. That being said, it is definately needed so that the new factions can fit in nice.

However, one thing I noticed is that the starting position of the Ghaznavid Sultanate and the Sultanate of Ghazni are the opposite way around to their starting postions in BC2. Why is this?
    To better represent the historical situation. The Ghaznavids had by now succumbed to the Ghorid conquest of Ghazni and its surroundings and had fled East to Lahore, their new capital, and the Punjab.

EDIT: Oops, map is glitched. The red guys marked as "Ghaznavid Sultanate" are the Ghorids!
    Last edited by retep219; March 23, 2010 at 07:43 AM.

So these are how the final faction settlements (location) will be retep?

Quote Originally Posted by Atabeg View Post
    So these are how the final faction settlements (location) will be retep?
    No. Changes are ongoing. It's a rough idea, of course--no faction is going to be teleported or anything--but we're still debating certain cities and the historical size of certain factions. But, still, the preview's screens are, very generally, what you should expect in BC3.

y2day's Avatar TWC STORE NOW OPEN!
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Yes there are a few mistakes, but that is what happens when you try to hit a deadline. Will be fixed and the whole preview will get an update soon.

TWC Graphics Workshop Art Competition!!!
    MEMBER OF THE IMPERIAL HOUSE OF HADER

Very good especially i like what vladimir-suzdal principality in mod!
    Under the patronage of Nakharar
    DM Multi modding project

ERE_Friend's Avatar Civis

The map looks amazing, but are you guys doing anything to prevent it from feeling too empty? I know I feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere when I play in Kypchak territory etc.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kschneides View Post
    The map looks amazing, but are you guys doing anything to prevent it from feeling too empty? I know I feel like I'm in the middle of nowhere when I play in Kypchak territory etc.
    Welcome to the Steppes, my friend

I understand your sentiment in reference to BC 2.0 though, when the steppes formed the heartland of a one-front Kypchak faction; however, it looks like we'll be treated to a contest-of-arms for control of the steppes between the Rus, Volga Bulgars, and Kypchaks - perhaps that will make the steppes feel less small for you this time around

Awesome, thanks for the pre-preview. I like to see the Great Seljuks are now split in 3 smaller factions(+Turkish sultanate) just hope all turks will be good represented and you will put more regions to Muslim factions in center of map and anatolia I will not like to see Christian Factions from the edge of map controling half map in 150turn.

Well done guys, heep up the good work. I hope to see even more improved the best designed byzantine units.

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by YetiFatMan View Post
    From 1174ish-1220's Yemen was ruled by the Ayyubids. As much as I love Yemen, it doesn't make sense to see it in this game, atleast not at 1184.
    As Silesian said, the mod starts in 1174 (spring).

This is from Wikipedia article (sorry, I don't have access to anything more reliable right now):

Conquest of Arabia

In 1173, Saladin sent Turan-Shah to conquer Yemen and the Hejaz. Muslim writers Ibn al-Athir and later al-Maqrizi wrote that the reasoning behind the conquest of Yemen was an Ayyubid fear, that should Egypt fall to Nur al-Din, they could seek refuge in a faraway territory. In May 1174, Turan-Shah first conquered Zabid from a Kharijite dynasty and executed its leader Mahdi Abd al-Nabi and later that year Aden was taken from the Shia Banu Karam tribe.[15] Aden became the principal maritime port of the dynasty in the Indian Ocean and the principal city of Yemen. The advent of the Ayyubids marked the beginning of a period of renewed prosperity in the city which saw the improvement of its commercial infrastructure, the establishment of new institutions, and the minting of its own coins.[16]
    Turan-Shah drove out the Hamdanid rulers of Sana'a, conquering the mountainous city in 1175.[15] With the conquest of Yemen, the Ayyubids developed a coastal fleet, al-asakir al-bahriyya, which they used to guard the sea coasts under their control and protect them from pirate raids.[17] The conquest held great significance for Yemen because the Ayyubids managed to unite the previous three independent states (Zabid, Aden, and Sana'a) under their rule. However, when Turan-Shah was transferred from his governor post in Yemen in 1176, uprisings broke out in the territory and were not quelled until 1182 when Saladin assigned his other brother Tughtekin Sayf al-Islam as governor of Yemen.[15]
    From Yemen, as from Egypt, the Ayyubids aimed to dominate the Red Sea trade routes which Egypt depended on and so sought to tighten their grip on the Hejaz, where an important trade stop, Yanbu, was located.[18] To favor trade in the direction of the Red Sea, the Ayyubids built facilities along the Red Sea-Indian Ocean trade routes to accompany merchants.[19] The Ayyubids also aspired to back their claims of legitimacy within the Caliphate by holding sovereignty over Mecca and Medina.[18] The conquests and economic advancements undertaken by Saladin effectively established Egypt's hegemony in the region.[19]
    As you see, Yemen wasn't conquered untill 1175. And as Silesian said, there's nothing wrong in implementing Yemen as extremely difficult faction to play with - because from the very first turn you will have to deal with invading armies of the Ayyubids.

Under the patronage of m_1512

Terrific preview, it all looks stunning and breathes a really exotic atmosphere.

Great artwork and awesome map my friends!

**Retired**

now when your a release?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Civis

This looks stunning. -ly beautiful, even.
    I'm very much looking forward to the completed project.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the succession script, as I didn't really understand what the actual countermeasures are, but I'm sure you'll balance this out. It sounds nice, though I fear it might become more tedious than exciting during the endgame, when your empire grows _very_ large, and I'd hate every of my sultans to wander around for some decades until he'd visited the whole empire.

But seeing that this is a pre-preview (nice wording there ), congratulations so far and keep up the great work!

P.S. Maybe rather Mashhad than Tus?
    Therefore I have sailed the seas and come
    To the holy city of Byzantium. - W.B. Yeats

Arystan's Avatar Laetus

Yeah Nice!But Utrar city is wrong writing,correctly - Otrar!

And NOT Urgend,Urdenj is correct!
    Last edited by Arystan; March 23, 2010 at 11:24 AM.

Horatius Flaccus's Avatar Biarchus

Great preview!

wudang_clown's Avatar Fire Is Inspirational

Quote Originally Posted by Aradius View Post
    I'm not quite sure what to make of the succession script, as I didn't really understand what the actual countermeasures are, but I'm sure you'll balance this out. It sounds nice, though I fear it might become more tedious than exciting during the endgame, when your empire grows _very_ large, and I'd hate every of my sultans to wander around for some decades until he'd visited the whole empire.
    Well, being a rule of an empire wasn't a cake walk.

Anyway, I assure you that it will be really hard to build up a very large empire and that you won't have to visit all your settlements but only those crucial.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradius View Post
    P.S. Maybe rather Mashhad than Tus?
    Why, if I may ask?

Under the patronage of m_1512

Damn, I am very stoked to see all this great work! A big thx to everyone who is working on this project!

I love BC and can't wait.

Great work, plus rep to everyone. You might want to publish a list of all those, who have contributed towards this rpeview, so that I do not miss repping anyone.