Thread: Need help with Minor Factions

Default Need help with Minor Factions

Well, I downloaded Toon's all-in-one mod for Napoleon Total War.

I loaded it up and played a game as Hessen. It started out ok, I focused on economics and building up money and buildings. Then I got attacked by Napoleon himself with a huge stack but repelled it. Then Prussia and Spain declare war on me. Spain isn't an issue. I have no ports and I'm miles away from them. Prussia however is a massive pain in my ass. Every damn turn it sends half-stacks into my territory either just raiding my buildings (which rapes my economy) or sieging my cities. I'm literally fighting every battle myself and fighting it tooth-and-nail.

No one wants peace, and I'm surrounded by enemies. I have barely any cash to spend on anything, and I can't afford to bolster my armies as the upkeep is too much. I can't upgrade buildings to increase output as I have no research buildings and nobody wants money for their tech.

Anyone got any advice for me? It sucks being a mainland European faction with one territory...

Default Re: Need help with Minor Factions

Bribe them.

Give them military access, trade, and as much money as possible on the first time. In return demand an alliance. As soon as you hit friendly and they have military access, they won't bother you.

If you are already at war, good luck, you are going to need it.

Default Re: Need help with Minor Factions

Get the hell out of a land locked territory is my advice. You cannot get anywhere surrounded by that lot.

Either build a stack or boot out the monarchy (gives you a post rebellion army) and send a stack as early in the game as you possibly can and take either Amsterdam or Venice or similar. If necessary, pay to get access thru other factions lands. Dump your old capital if you have to. Start building a merchant navy and grab all the trade you can.
    PussyWillow is the best distillation of the classic Tull formula, juxtaposing Anderson's gruff but expressive vocals and a strong, insistent melody bolstered by well-placed, crunchy guitar chords.