Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New units ideas

Hopit's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: New units ideas

empire pikemen

Quote Originally Posted by SgtScooter View Post
    If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Krystoforos's Avatar Biarchus

Gnoblar Suicide Teams with barrels full of powder - It will be fun trying to destroy them before they reach to your line

Maybe it's hard for MTWII engine but someone could set stats as for canon unit with min range and high rate of fire (explosions will kill both gnoblars and enemy unit) and not going to meele combat.
    Last edited by Krystoforos; January 16, 2011 at 05:16 AM.

What about more types of skeleton armies ? I don't know any link to source but for example in new book about Gotrek and Felix there are beastmens skeletons.

The stories are many such references. Though I remember the great skeletal Orc Chieftain ... Suppose, however, that Sylvania is based on the remains of the imperial soldiers.
    But how can someone do undead dwarves, which have short legs ...

As someone recently complained to von Carstein bodyguards ...

Such an idea for a cavalry unit - is it unique or personal guard, depending on one's vision.

In ArmyBook "Vampire Counts" ed.7.
    There is mention of this Champions Black Knight - Hell Knight (do not know if the shield bears the number 666).
    Of course, this figure in itself does not exist, because GW did not perform. But it reminded me a fansite processing.

http://www.cytadela.pl/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=102
    From this page.

Empire at War,
    p.30.

As for the crossbowmen - a little wrong on some issues. I found one picture, in a very old manual for this picture.

Has ticked them crossbowmen skeletal ... relic of the past.

Last edited by Martin von Carstein; January 16, 2011 at 08:41 AM.

Grymloq's Avatar Domesticus

it is said that during SoC an Orc army invaded Sylvania and were killed. Then Manfred made an army with their corpses, so why not add orc skeletons?
    PS the artillery in the background is formed by undead ballistas?

Sylvania marched through the centuries a very, very much the army. Skaven, Dwarfs, Chaos ... in total, why not? Unless someone will want to do ...
    It's back to the SSC - catapults.

actually that would be cool, but the engine make impossible to have different skeletons models in one unit

seriously guys,
    empire pikemen state troops that would be awesome!

If you went to the Skyrim forums you'll see a lot posts about how it's somehow been watered down and hampered by money men making the decisions. Fact is, it's a great game and people still complain. It's the same thing as the TW franchise.

Ostland Black Guard

The heroic unit from Hel Fenn.

"Empire at War"

empire pikemen state troops that would be awesome!
    Pikemen State troop are already in the CoW. Ie. These are semi-pikemen, called in the WFB "spearmen". In my opinion they should be able to simply change the "shields wall, " the ability to "phalanx". As in the case Kislev's spearman.

This would be consistent with the lore in some degree.

you mean the normal spearmen are supposed to pikemen?

I read about them (Ostland Black Guard) in the Vampire-Novels of GW. If I remember right, there was written they have a helmet which don't show the face. Just for an idea to make them more different from normal Greatswords.
    THANK YOU COW-TEAM FOR THIS FANTASTIC MOD! A DREAM CAME TRUE!
    Sorry for my bad english

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Carstein View Post
    Ostland Black Guard
    I bet, iselendil catch the bait
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopit View Post
    you mean the normal spearmen are supposed to pikemen?
    I mean, that those "normal spearmen" is really pikemen. Only peaks that are shorter compared to tileańskich. These are half-pike (do not know how to write it in English). Anyway, note the way in which they hold. So they could fight in formation, "Phalanx, " as spearmen from Kislev.

In Tilea and Estalia likely you are using the longer peak.

I bet, iselendil catch the bait
    I hope so. So to Hell Knights are yet arrived, but Ostland Black Guard rules.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by derdavid View Post
    I read about them (Ostland Black Guard) in the Vampire-Novels of GW. If I remember right, there was written they have a helmet which don't show the face. Just for an idea to make them more different from normal Greatswords.
    ш need info about their wiev - quotes

I asked myself the trouble and searched. In the last part of the trilogy, I found the appearance of such details.
    In the calm before the battle, a priest of Morr walked within the ruins before the bowed heads of
    the Black Guard, bestowing upon them the blessings of the god of death and dreams. Four thousand
    of the fearsome black armoured warriors hid within the old fort, another thousand at the farm. Each
    warrior carried with him a pouch containing two silver pieces. The coins were an offering to pay
    their way into the afterlife should they fall on the field of battle.
    Although he was not one of them, and did not wear the lacquered black plate and hauberk of a
    true Black Guard, Vorster took the blessing gratefully.

Well ... my English is not the strongest, but I found no information on their helmets. I also know from another source that the name of his regiment had written on armor ... but I am not able to verify.

So it is best to use the drawings and information from texts.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by derdavid View Post
    quote plz

I just have it in german. If you want me to do it, I can try a translation, but you know my english is not so good. May be someone has the novel (Retribution) in english?
    Edit: Oh, our vampirelord has already made it .

By the way, it seems that I was wrong with the helmets... I couldn't find it too, when I was looking for it.
    Sorry for my bad english

By the way, it seems that I was wrong with the helmets... I couldn't find it too, when I was looking for it.
    I think that you had the Black Guard confused with the Death's Heads. They just wore helmets to hide his face.

May be. Sorry for my misinformation.
    Sorry for my bad english

The fashion is a lot of the Imperial Knights. But there are several such regional orders, over which one could consider. As Bull Knights from Ostland.

The Order of the Black Rose.

Otilli bodyguard during the battle of Talabec.

For Talabecland.

The Order of the Griffon

Nuln = Wisseland.

The Order of the Broken Sword

Gorbad Ironclaw's memento, when Solland invaded, destroyed it, killed the elector, and took his runic claw. Avengers beat the orcs.

Solland = Wissenland

The Order of the Sigmar's Blood

Stirland (?)

The Order of the Everlasting Light

Ostermark