Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: New units ideas

Default Re: New units ideas

Quote Originally Posted by isilendil View Post
    we dont forget anything
    Isilendil is right in this case fireramuh. It has been stated far too many times in places that Skaven and EVERY other Warhammer race will be included in future expansions (not patches) of this mod. You should use the FAQ thread next time.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"- Edmund Burke

How about Ulric Priests? I played just a Quick Battle and it looked a little weird, with my knights of the White Wolf and Teutogen Guard next to the Sigmarpriests

Senator

ulric priests is a good idea, like it. Couple of units i think would be good is some type of unit to represent the Laurelorn Elves, perhaps used as a very rare mercenary unit. And for regiments of renown Menghil Manhide's Manflayers would be cool to see.

Werebear's Avatar For Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by derdavid View Post
    How about Ulric Priests? I played just a Quick Battle and it looked a little weird, with my knights of the White Wolf and Teutogen Guard next to the Sigmarpriests
    ???

Sigmarit with White wolf??? In custom?

As I wrote I played a quick battle (where you get a casuall army).
    There i saw it and I thought it would be cool if there where some Ulricpriest.
    THANK YOU COW-TEAM FOR THIS FANTASTIC MOD! A DREAM CAME TRUE!
    Sorry for my bad english

How about banshees and black coaches for the undead? The banshee is fairly similar to the wraith so I can see that happening. Dunno about the coach but there's a great-looking chariot over at FabiusBile's and the black coach is basically a chariot.
    But I think more types of vampires would be even better than that
    For orcs, river trolls. Based off the new models. Cause they look absolutely EPIC. Course they might be a nightmare to animate so if that's not going to happen then I fully understand.

There is no God. There is only Buckethead.

There's an elven chariot planned for 1.4, so chariots are already in-game and working. I want boar and warg chariots for orcs and gobbos!

And one thing I don't see trolls getting, even if it would be really nice, is the corrosive vomit attack.

Oh, as long as I am stream-of-consciousness-ing, would we be making new voices? Most of then don't bother me so much, but if you have witch elves charging and screaming in really manly voices...

Is it possible for you guys make a proper Captain unit, because in the tabletop they were a possible unit to lead your armies and I think the whole entire empire armies being led by Knight Orders seems to be impossible since in the fluff armies were mostly lead by a captain or generals. It could just be a watered down version of Inner Circle Knights just on foot with possible missile weapons as you could outfit your captain with a pistol or handgun (well I outfitted my captains with handguns). My suggestion is that the Captain is a cheaper general unit that possible acts as a stronger version of empire swordsmen or halberdmen. Also Master Engineer unit is also a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunawolf242 View Post
    Is it possible for you guys make a proper Captain unit, because in the tabletop they were a possible unit to lead your armies and I think the whole entire empire armies being led by Knight Orders seems to be impossible since in the fluff armies were mostly lead by a captain or generals. It could just be a watered down version of Inner Circle Knights just on foot with possible missile weapons as you could outfit your captain with a pistol or handgun (well I outfitted my captains with handguns). My suggestion is that the Captain is a cheaper general unit that possible acts as a stronger version of empire swordsmen or halberdmen. Also Master Engineer unit is also a suggestion.
    Ruleswise that might be great but the team has made it quite clear they are basing this on the fluff and not at all on the tabletop game itself. In the fluff it would make more sense for commander units to be mounted as its simply a more viable way to command. It is hard to command an army when you are running on foot but mounted it is easier. In even the poorest Empire armies their generals still had knightly bodyguards. Even Hochland had a Knights Panther wing that accompanied their commanders-in-chief.

Remember the lesson of Richard III. When his horse died in battle he lost his ability to effectively command his army. "A horse! a horse! my kingdom for a horse!"

Besides there are "officers" in every unit in medieval2 or CoW so that covers the base (mostly).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"- Edmund Burke

So how about master engineers? In the mod you already have engineers but I if am assuming this right those engineers are just regular engineers because 60 master engineers armed with repeating rifles seem to be implausible since master engineers are men with years of experience with expensive equipment and won't likely be put put on the frontlines of the army where they would likely be killed or massacred when a like a whole army of orcs smash into the front. In the tabletop and I think in the fluff (I haven't read the newest edition yet) Engineers were more likely inspect equipment and command cannon crews. My suggestion is that you could just make them more powerful versions of cannons that fire more accurately and quickly. On a side note is it possible to add in misfires like in napoleon or empires.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunawolf242 View Post
    So how about master engineers? In the mod you already have engineers but I if am assuming this right those engineers are just regular engineers because 60 master engineers armed with repeating rifles seem to be implausible since master engineers are men with years of experience with expensive equipment and won't likely be put put on the frontlines of the army where they would likely be killed or massacred when a like a whole army of orcs smash into the front. In the tabletop and I think in the fluff (I haven't read the newest edition yet) Engineers were more likely inspect equipment and command cannon crews. My suggestion is that you could just make them more powerful versions of cannons that fire more accurately and quickly. On a side note is it possible to add in misfires like in napoleon or empires.
    Well you can't have everything, besides the master engineer would be the "officer" in the engineer unit.

And what about Deamon slayers? As far as i know, they even exist in Tabletop, and they SURELY exists in lore, so you can't say that it's against lore. As for the unit itself i see it this way :

number : lower than slayers, 30 maybe. or even 20
    attack : very high
    armour : 0
    defense : i dunno, but quite high
    shield : 0
    hp : 2 (3?)
    Looks : Like generic slayer, but more scars, moore tatoos and greater axes and hammers, inscirbed with runes. Wounds may be also nice. As far as i know there are several models for each unit so some of Deamon slayers may, for example, lack hands. Or eyes. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDwarf View Post
    And what about Deamon slayers? As far as i know, they even exist in Tabletop, and they SURELY exists in lore, so you can't say that it's against lore. As for the unit itself i see it this way :

number : lower than slayers, 30 maybe. or even 20
    attack : very high
    armour : 0
    defense : i dunno, but quite high
    shield : 0
    hp : 2 (3?)
    Looks : Like generic slayer, but more scars, moore tatoos and greater axes and hammers, inscirbed with runes. Wounds may be also nice. As far as i know there are several models for each unit so some of Deamon slayers may, for example, lack hands. Or eyes. Or both.
    I think the Daemon Slayer is included as the officer for the Slayer unit but I am not entirely sure about that. If it isn't they should definitely be represented in some way, but seeming how they are VERY rare in the lore they should be equally as rare in the game.

Who thinks Dwarves need the Anvil of Doom? Its the only kind of magic casting thing they have.
    Art //

Just got this mod a few days ago and it's amazing, I used to play play the rome total war warhammer mod and this is miles better, well done!

Agree anvil of doom is a must if possible. Also a few points on greenskins which were always my favourite army, I always liked them for there slightly mad units, would it be possible to put in things like the goblin doom diver? I'm guessing it would work with the bolt thrower animations. Also giants would be great if you could get them in the same way as the wizards for empire. Oh and feral orc squiggoths and gargantuan squiggoths, guessing they would work fine with the elepahant skeleton.

Edit: ooops, sorry thought you could get savage orc squiggoths for fantasy, my mistake. Although some people have made some nice convertions...

Chaos war mammoths!

Oh and what about giant cave squigs for night goblins? might add some 'ommph' to their army! http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/ca...tCatGameStyle=

Once again amazing mod!
    Last edited by raa raa rasputin; June 09, 2010 at 05:51 PM.

In Grudgelore , they say : "The oldest longbeards are known as Greatbeards , but they are rare . Their age is such that is impossible to determine , and they are wise beyond reckoning"

How about 20-30 Greatbeards with 2 hitpoints and morale boost ?

I known greatbeards not appear in table top army , but ... it's just an idea .
    ░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
    This is Total War !!!

Senator

anvil doom i think is possible in the game engine, but getting someone to model and animate is the tough part. Chaos war mammoth is possible.

Senator

huh, well you are entitled to your opinion i guess.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by fireramuh View Post
    ya blablabla .u dont forget anything but u dont create them anyway , u all must wait about the dam Russ .copy translate etc..u cant be proud when u dont create new unit but just copy them from warhammer
    I really hope this isn't a flame post I see. If you think that all they do is steal from other games, then you are wrong. Look at all of the custom content being developed such as Steam Tanks, Heroes, and new animations. I'm not going to deny that they did take some things from Warhammer, but their custom content far outweighs the parts they did copy. Even the stuff they did take from other warhammer games they modified from the original. I know they admitted that they did take some models from Mark of Chaos, but once again, they also made a whole batch of custom content that's coming in version 1.4 that rivals that of the first release! It's like a completely new version! Please, if you are going to post your opinion, post it in a polite manner. No need to be rude with what you say.

Senator

thanks for that holy, wasnt really in the mood to post what needed to be said, although you shall my righteous anger for making me look like a double poster