Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: New units ideas

Bobington's Avatar Ordinarius
    You illuminaterz wont find nuthin bout me!

Default Re: New units ideas

Would it be hard to make heroes alone in a unit? Just give them the statline of several Stone Trolls in one, make the moral buff bigger, et cetera. Also, I want Thorgrim's seat of power.
    As God wills it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobington View Post
    Would it be hard to make heroes alone in a unit? Just give them the statline of several Stone Trolls in one, make the moral buff bigger, et cetera. Also, I want Thorgrim's seat of power.
    It's possible if you make them an elephant, but then you run into the problem of them fighting by charging straight through units and swinging wildly rather than just standing and fighting like normal. It looks fine for magical ranged attacks, though. But it also eats up a unit slot, which are running low. It's possible to give them super maxed out stats so they can fight half stacks by themselves, at least until the enemy brings in siege weapons and magic. Another issue is making generals in the campaign use single model bodyguards will still have them turn into 3 models after a while, I think.

As for Thorgrim's seat, that would also work well as an elephant, the only real thing needed is custom animations to have the Dwarfs holding the throne up have their legs move properly.

Could be good for certain heroes that are particoulary strong or tough like a manticore riding chaos lord or such beasts. Could be a pretty good idea nonethless.

The Dwarves have Iron drakes don't they.
    They're the guys with the flamethrowers.
    The Byzantines have them in the original game so it should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by rebypox View Post
    The Dwarves have Iron drakes don't they.
    They're the guys with the flamethrowers.
    The Byzantines have them in the original game so it should be possible.
    like this?[IMG] [/IMG]