Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After 8 Campaigns Britian finallly Invades.

Default After 8 Campaigns Britian finallly Invades.

Vienna...... Britian declared war on Austria and Russia(Me) makes peace with France and invades Vienna.

Default Re: After 8 Campaigns Britian finallly Invades.

hahah. oh those kooky brits.
    in my prussian campaign, the only thing they've done so far is little tartary after it revolted from the ottomans

That's the brilliant new CAI Keiran was bragging about...

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

In my French campaign the Brits land an army in Normandy pretty frequently. I'd tell them they're about 140 years early, but there's no diplomatic option for that.

Chyeaaaa111's Avatar Campidoctor

As the French, the Brits invaded me quite often (Every 4 turns or so) until I built up a massive navy and now occupy or blockade all of their ports
    If you like the picture of my woman, GIVE ME REP!!!!

In my Russian campaign, where I've been at war with Britain since about turn 5 when they sided with Sweden after I attacked Finland (the coalition didn't last long ), The Duke of Wellington himself just caught me completely off guard by landing a well balanced full stack out of nowhere in Courland. All my armies are way down south in Greece finishing off the Ottomans. I did NOT expect anything like this, because I hear "the campaign is heavily scripted" so often. This should be very interesting, I've never had the AI pull of such a naval landing in any total war game I've played before.

Quote Originally Posted by Stress Case View Post
    That's the brilliant new CAI Keiran was bragging about...
    I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhazes View Post
    Vienna...... Britian declared war on Austria and Russia(Me) makes peace with France and invades Vienna.
    I've started five campaigns as France, and Britain has invariably launched a land invasion of Brittany and/or Gascony, by the end of 1806 at the latest, and usually shows up again with another force every four or five turns thereafter (much more dangerous than historically accurate: the Emperor left only the national guard on the coast in 1805 when he went to trounce Austria). Perhaps it takes them some time to make up their mind to attack former allies.
    'Truth...which is not a beautiful shape living in a well, but a shy bird best caught by a stratagem.' -Joseph Conrad.

Playing France I have seen many british invasions. Particulary in Normandy. In the coalition campaign, however, I have never seen such thing to happend.
    "When your opponent fears you, then's the moment when you give the fear its own rein, give it the time to work on him. Let it become terror. The terrified man fights himself. Eventually, he attacks in desperation. That is the most dangerous moment, but the terrified man can be trusted usually to make a fatal mistake."

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    In my French campaign the Brits land an army in Normandy pretty frequently. I'd tell them they're about 140 years early, but there's no diplomatic option for that.
    HAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Lothar135 View Post
    Playing France I have seen many british invasions. Particulary in Normandy. In the coalition campaign, however, I have never seen such thing to happend.
    They seem to invade early. I've played three French campaigns now, and I've noticed that after around 1807 they stop coming over.

This is actually a problem for me, I need something to do. I finally invaded Ireland so they'd have a land bridge to attack across. They had some 6-7 full stacks sitting around in England, and finally they decided Ireland was something worth fighting for. (Actually forced me to retreat after some wonderful battles.)

No news here, they could stand being a bit more aggressive. Their allies could certainly use the help, especially late game.

I've never... never ... never ever saw Britain do something smart in my campaign.. except stack up its troops on the coast of London and have a nice camping fest there ... I mean c'mon ... I think they should have done something like a virtual bridge across the canal or something to encourage Britain AI actions... just a thought... I know someone made a mod or some sort for MTW II and it worked. I could see England coming more often into the continental Europe. Don't remember where it was tho.. it's hassle to find it again

In my British game Portugal declared war on the Ottomans and now have Istanbul, Greece and the Balkans

Thoragoros's Avatar Citizen

It seems sporadic. In my current campaign as France, I am forty turns in, and the British have done literally nothing with their Navy, and nothing with thier army. I am playing as France.

In my previous two campaigns, playing as Austria, the Britains took all of Spain and then conquered Portugal. They then captured Marseills(sp?), which French quickly retook some turns later.

So I have had both good and bad experiences with the CAI, at least as far as Britain is concerned.
    Founder of The Great War - A WWI Mod, Creator of Thorized - Napoleon: Total Combat

Where Gods Walk Among Men
    The Line of Thor
    Patron of: Bethencourt, Hip63, m_1512

Under the Patronage of Captain Blackadder, Member of the Legion of Rahl.

Selahedīn's Avatar Biarchus

I've seen the UK do some great things in my campaigns - like conquering all of Spain - but always after 1812, or so.

So I really don't think the CAI is that bad, just heavily constricted. CA opted for a very scripted campaign this time around (maybe they felt this period demanded it), and that ended up making certain factions far too "passive".

At least until the fireworks show up. After that, all hell breaks loose.

Lord Wiffleby's Avatar Decanus

As Prussia, I ended up becoming the enemy of both France and the Coalition. However, I managed to maneuver my way into Britain's good graces, and get them to break their alliances with the Coalition, joining me instead. The British seemed to be active, but didn't take any territory on the continent until around 1806 or so. They took control of Spain, and eventually finished off the Spaniards. After that, they started Naval Invasions of what was left of France (I had already taken Paris).

Furthermore, Denmark managed to successfully invade Russia by sea, taking two territories. I've seen the Cai act smarter than I could have expected it to, especially when it comes to diplomacy. The moment I became a threat as grave as Napoleon, the other factions started switching focus to my actions and making peace with France.

In my european camapign as France I noticed a glitch were British only invade normandy if the French city in normandy is unoccupied... The Britsh navy sat with a full stacked army for several turns... only when I removed my garrison they then landed their army... somehow it seems that they have scripted that in the campaign instead of having dynamic AI invasions
    Under the Patronage of Hadrian

Neoton's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    +rep!

fourganger's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Enomine View Post
    This should be very interesting, I've never had the AI pull of such a naval landing in any total war game I've played before.

I remember the Carthaginians invading Sicily and Southern Italy in Rome : Total Realism with three full stacks by sea. My armies were in Macedon at the time. What happened next was probably the most fun I've yet to have in the TW series.

I haven't noticed anything off the wall so far in NTW, although, what's the deal with that Swedish army sitting north of Brandenburg?
    Whatcha' wearing?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Daddy smells leather...

jfpOne23's Avatar Libertus

FourGanger, I believe the Swedes had worked out arrangements with German States they had occupied/annexed from the 30 Years War Period. Pomerania was one but I don't think it's represented on the map (though it's probably encompassed in the Mecklenburg area).

Amazing Horse's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by jfpOne23 View Post
    FourGanger, I believe the Swedes had worked out arrangements with German States they had occupied/annexed from the 30 Years War Period. Pomerania was one but I don't think it's represented on the map (though it's probably encompassed in the Mecklenburg area).
    Aye, the Swedish army in Mecklenburg represents Swedish Pomerania.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast