Thread: Mother Russia

Default Mother Russia

How do you guys generaly play as Russia on the battle map? I'm pretty good at battles with britain and Prussia (my personal favorite) but from what everyone says, the best way to play russia is: MELEE FAST. I'm not a huge fan of melee in NTW. It feels more to me like "blob more units than the other guy and win"
    does anyone play russia without just charging everything at the first chance you get?

Default Re: Mother Russia

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanrows View Post
    How do you guys generaly play as Russia on the battle map? I'm pretty good at battles with britain and Prussia (my personal favorite) but from what everyone says, the best way to play russia is: MELEE FAST. I'm not a huge fan of melee in NTW. It feels more to me like "blob more units than the other guy and win"
    does anyone play russia without just charging everything at the first chance you get?
    In Mother Russia, Prussia melees you. Terrible, I know. OT, to play them on any decent skill level, you should melee quick, because basically your units are at huge disadvantages when your units suck to start with, and the enemy gets bonuses for the difficulty

Default Re: Mother Russia

Artillery and charging. Sometimes it can help to screen with Jagers during a shootout, keeping your line in lines or squares behind the skirmisher cloud to provide cover for said jagers from cavalry. The advantage is you'll probably be able to provide adequate counter-battery fire to keep the squares from getting smashed to bits. After your Jagers and artillery have worn the enemy line down a bit then go for the melee blob. Cavalry, especially inspiring cavalry, helps a lot too. even though they have high morale to start, your line will start routing quick if they're caught in a firefight. Fire and advance, because each line shoot only once before charging, is also good with Russia because of the reload skill deficit.