Thread: is there a way to stop rebel spawn?

Default is there a way to stop rebel spawn?

those rebels really pissed me off, pop up here or there with some pathetic troops over my empire since my troops are fighting Mordor, most of the time i will have to waste money building some cheap army to deal with them

i konw they just add some unrest and reduce a little trade income, but i hate to see those rats standing on my land

so is there a way to prevent rebel troops from appearing?

p.s. the endless rebel army is the worst design of TW imo

Default Re: is there a way to stop rebel spawn?

i usually auto_win them since i don't think they were meant to exist anyway (in armies outside settlementes that is)

there is a parameter in RTW to control the spawn rate of rebel and i think there is one in M2TW (the spawn rate in Third Age is actually very low compared to the vanilla TW but still I want it be even lower)

in the descr_strat setting the brigand_spawn value to 9999 is the first thing I do after installing any mod

(higher reduces spawn)

Some say 999 is the max I don't really care because 9999 works therefore the whole issue ceases to exist (got to put that last bit in as twc is notorious for its argumentative 14 year old trolls).

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

I'm 15...

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

And I'm 18 and I passed my theoretical exam for my driving license Thursday.

(In one go!)

Mr. Tornado's Avatar Semisalis

This topic has now been taken over by the likes of Muffer and OfficerJohn.

On a serious note... It really shouldn't be too hard. Just keep 1/4 of a stack at home to deal with the rebels, or something.

By the way, I love yogurt and bagels. Don't you?

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Tornado View Post
    This topic has now been taken over by the likes of Muffer and OfficerJohn.

On a serious note... It really shouldn't be too hard. Just keep 1/4 of a stack at home to deal with the rebels, or something.

By the way, I love yogurt and bagels. Don't you?
    i think 4 cheap units already does the trick.. maybe 1 general which you keep @ home for extra income and growth to lead them and all done.. destroy the rebels in 2 turns and disband the leftover units.. or redirect them to empty slots so that don't have upkeep..

Armagoron's Avatar Laetus

I have never encountert rebel armies outside settlements except for Treabeard and I'm around turn 100 now. Do they apear in certain area's that are prescripted or just randomly around the map?

Quote Originally Posted by Armagoron View Post
    I have never encountert rebel armies outside settlements except for Treabeard and I'm around turn 100 now. Do they apear in certain area's that are prescripted or just randomly around the map?
    treebeard for example is scripted.. but the other rebels are random as far as i know.. there are already a lot less then in medieval 2

As by magic turn 118 rebel armies in my forests. Never saw them in the entire game and now they are there they must have overheared me
    Last edited by Armagoron; March 22, 2010 at 03:21 PM.

As by magic turn 118 rebel armies in my forests. Never saw them in the entire game and now they are there they must have overheared me
    if i where you i would send 15 full stack armies.. just to be sure.. i would also set taxes on extreme high and break down all your buildings so they like it less to stay.. maybe they will move to your'e neighbours then

I'm on turn 190 and have only seen two rebel groups. One was the last two princes of Gondor and the other was just some poor, scrabbly Silvan Elves.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmoredSergeant View Post
    I'm on turn 190 and have only seen two rebel groups. One was the last two princes of Gondor and the other was just some poor, scrabbly Silvan Elves.
    yeah this is quite normal for tatw.. medieval had much more rebels walking around, i like it more like this

Quote Originally Posted by St Naffatun View Post
    in the descr_strat setting the brigand_spawn value to 9999 is the first thing I do after installing any mod

(higher reduces spawn)

Some say 999 is the max I don't really care because 9999 works therefore the whole issue ceases to exist (got to put that last bit in as twc is notorious for its argumentative 14 year old trolls).
    thanks, i have changed this rate in all my mods

Quote Originally Posted by patrician1 View Post
    if i where you i would send 15 full stack armies.. just to be sure.. i would also set taxes on extreme high and break down all your buildings so they like it less to stay.. maybe they will move to your'e neighbours then
    Thanks for the tip 15 stacks are on its way to intercept I hope Im able to defeat them with that

Thanks for the tip 15 stacks are on its way to intercept I hope Im able to defeat them with that
    yet otherwise just start a new game.. those angry rebels are probably invincible and have ruined your economy by now

Is there a way to edit the desc_strat file so that any armies you have without a leader character won't turn rebel? And is there also a way to disable leader characters from rebelling by editing the desc_strat file?

Araval's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Welcome to the forums!

Giving the Faction Leader maximum authority via traits and ancillaries should decrease the chances of armies rebelling. It's the same but with loyality for other characters.