Thread: balkans ?

Default balkans ?

why does the region of balkans have only 2 towns ? its understandable that norway has a very littile number of towns , but balkans ?

Default Re: balkans ?

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    why does the region of balkans have only 2 towns ? its understandable that norway has a very littile number of towns , but balkans ?
    Insignificance in napoleonic wars thats why I guess...

There should be Bosnia !!!

Neoton's Avatar Ordinarius

^ And Bulgaria.

ya those 2 should be there

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Bulgaria, Serbia (autonomous during the late Nappie wars), Montenegro...Makes a 1860-1900 mod impposible. The single good thing is that they put Wallachia... Too few towns in all the Balkans, too.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Yeh this is an area where the map is significantly less detailed than Empire - pretty ridiculous really turning Serbia and Bosnia into one territoy called the "balkans". We dont see all the countries of Great Britain transformed into one called the "British Isles". CA have done some rather stupid things with his game it has to be said.

Acco's Avatar Дијана

I agree with all the others here that the Balkans (and that general area of Europe) haven't been portrayed very well in NTW. I think that the Balkan region could be broken up into one or two more, or at least have more towns in the southern sections of the province. Bulgaria could also use its own province, as well as Montenegro (which in my book would also be a new faction). Perhaps Thessaloníki (which could stretch from Epirus to Western Thrace) could become its own province as well. Serbia at least should have been an emergent, along with a few other potential nations.

But the most depressing thing about this is the fact that as of yet we don't know how to edit the campaign map.
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Yes yes there should be Bosnia and Bulgaria and Serbia and Slovenia and Kosovo and Macedonia and Albania and your favourite village too... Bad bad CA, always makes things wrong. I dont understand where is emergent Luxemburg and Slovakia.

Quote Originally Posted by pickelhaube View Post
    Yes yes there should be Bosnia and Bulgaria and Serbia and Slovenia and Kosovo and Macedonia and Albania and your favourite village too... Bad bad CA, always makes things wrong. I dont understand where is emergent Luxemburg and Slovakia.
    LOL

Why should there be more regions? CA has decided not to include Spain and the Ottomans as playable factions. So why wasting time by giving attention to these unimportant areas. The game was developed to fight wars between France, Britain, Austria, Prussia and Russia. That´s the simple answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerrop View Post
    LOL

Why should there be more regions? CA has decided not to include Spain and the Ottomans as playable factions. So why wasting time by giving attention to these unimportant areas. The game was developed to fight wars between France, Britain, Austria, Prussia and Russia. That´s the simple answer.
    imagine all of scandinavia being 1 region and unplayable , is that fair ?

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    imagine all of scandinavia being 1 region and unplayable , is that fair ?
    Well, Denmark and Sweden are not playable in campaign. And for whole scandinavia they have 4 regions (if we include denmark to scandinavia). Fair enough, those countries were active and involved in napoleonic affairs... And balkans... Really not important back then. Game has balanced world map with proportional number of provinces, having balkans as second germany would be ludicrous.

Well, at least Croatia is separated. But it would be great if Croatia and Serbia could be liberated!

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I was disappointed to see the state of the Balkans and the rest of that region, especially after trying to get Bulgaria, Croatia and the Balkans to emerge.

Well, Denmark and Sweden are not playable in campaign. And for whole scandinavia they have 4 regions (if we include denmark to scandinavia). Fair enough, those countries were active and involved in napoleonic affairs... And balkans... Really not important back then. Game has balanced world map with proportional number of provinces, having balkans as second germany would be ludicrous.
    Officially Scandinavia consists of Denmark, Sweden, Norway and sometimes Finland (Finland's status as a part of Scandinavia varies by different sources). Iceland and the Faroe Islands are culturally a part of Scandinavia due to their shared history with Norway and Denmark.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Acco's Avatar Дијана

Quote Originally Posted by Odinarius View Post
    Well, at least Croatia is separated. But it would be great if Croatia and Serbia could be liberated!
    The Balkan mod adds these two nations, luckily. I haven't tried it out yet myself, but it looks promising.

The Balkans were involved in the Napoleonic conflict as well. How could a region of Europe not be, when the conflict reached as far west as Spain, as far east as Russia, as far north as Scandinavia and as far south as the Ottoman Empire? Remember, French troops were entrenched in a part of the Balkans (the Illyrian Provinces), and the First Serbian Uprising was well underway at the time, so I don't see any historical or gameplay issue with at least including a Serbian faction.

About the size of the province itself, including a few extras is far from the region becoming a second Germany and can only enhance the game. However, I agree with you that Scandinavia and other regions (Spain in particular) should have been expanded on as well, and I hope the modders can reach a mapping breakthrough soon so all our mapping needs will be satisfied.
    На Запад масивно сиви облаци
    Од Исток сонце и вистина излези
    Macedonia

Importance of that region is insanely minor compared to Russia, and Germany (lands where fate of napoleon empire was solved) or , say, Spain. Of course more - better, but there must be balance also. Adding game importance to some balkans while germany and russia remain same is pure heresie.

Brewskii's Avatar Senator

I know this isn't a mod discussion area but you might want to have a look at this http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=337307

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Nothing, just wanted to see if you'd open it.