Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II: Trailers - Movies Machinima

Themis's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: Peloponnesian War trailer

too much... how am i going to pass the time

Great vid folks +rep to all

I've watched this trailer at least 10 times so far. I can't get enough!

@juvenus, If the engine of Medieval 2 Total War is so unfriendly for modding, why there are so many modes for this game? Why EB TEAM is doing Europa Barbarorum 2 using this engine???
    @General Brittanicus, Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager from The Creative Assembly was asked in an interview where is The Creative Assembly going with the Total War series, and he answered very enigmatic, saying that with Napoleon, the team worked very hard on the explosions and the deformation of the battlefield, because they want to use this feature more in the next game! If they are not doing a World War 1 Total War, why are they working to improve this features? For sure you will not see many explosions and terrain deformations in a future Rome 2 Total War!

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

GREAT,GREAT,GREAT!!!But I see that the action isn't very smooth.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Hey people, cool down, don't get over excited!!!!! The man said he used some effects like bloom, shaking camera, some lightning effects, so don't think that Roma Surrectum 2 will look exactly like the trailer because it's hard to be like that! Maybe if Creative Assembly would have had released a Pixel Shader 3.0 engine remake for the modders to work with, then the game would have looked better! But CA doesn't give a about the modders, so these wonderful and creative guys must work with what they have, a very buggy, old and non-friendly engine like Rome Total War engine is! This doesn't mean that Rome Surrectum 2 will not be a wonderful mod, i'm very sure it will be! I wait for Europa Barabarorum 2 and Rome Surrectum 2, and i hope they will be released this year!)) Hope Rome Surrectum 3 will use the Medieval 2 Total War engine, it's a little better looking, and better optimised! And don't think CA will make too soon a Rome 2 Total War because i think they are going for a World War 1 game, after Napoleon!
    Actually the bloom is there in the mod, just as an extra, as a matter of fact everything is like that except the shacky camera, so you will be pleasently surprised, and i doubt it willl be made for Med 2 because they have already put to much effort in this one and RTW is way more mod friendly, either way id say RS greatly rivals M2TW grafics wise, you'll see
    But I see that the action isn't very smooth
    what do you mean unsmooth?

@saxdude, it's ok then, maybe it will look as good as the trailer.It would be fantastic, but with bloom or without bloom, it is a very good mod, so "bravooo"
    to the modders!

This mod's out of control

Massive_attack's Avatar Campidoctor
    Citizen

Well my friends, this video has done more for me than show off the exemplary craftsmanship and design that the fine modders behind this art have created, for i have known of there excellence for a time now.

What i hadn't anticipated was how enthralled i was. The glistening armor, the billowing dust, the sweaty arms and muscly bodies that take to the field, With fine beards, and my, what strong hands as well ! I had not expected such a reaction, but now i see the truth of it. For too long i have denied myself this fine truth, and this trailer, this.. has shown me things about myself i had yet to fathom !

Ohh yes, what fine greek lads be here ! They are all so... FABULOUS.

That's it, im playing as Sparta !

Quote Originally Posted by nashuu View Post
    @juvenus, If the engine of Medieval 2 Total War is so unfriendly for modding, why there are so many modes for this game? Why EB TEAM is doing Europa Barbarorum 2 using this engine???
    @General Brittanicus, Kieran Brigden, Studio Communications Manager from The Creative Assembly was asked in an interview where is The Creative Assembly going with the Total War series, and he answered very enigmatic, saying that with Napoleon, the team worked very hard on the explosions and the deformation of the battlefield, because they want to use this feature more in the next game! If they are not doing a World War 1 Total War, why are they working to improve this features? For sure you will not see many explosions and terrain deformations in a future Rome 2 Total War!
    Exploding pigs?

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Vardan the Great's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    Actually the bloom is there in the mod, just as an extra, as a matter of fact everything is like that except the shacky camera, so you will be pleasently surprised, and i doubt it willl be made for Med 2 because they have already put to much effort in this one and RTW is way more mod friendly, either way id say RS greatly rivals M2TW grafics wise, you'll see

what do you mean unsmooth?
    I mean it the moves are cutting.
    "An unexpected death is a death, an intended death - immortality"
    (c) Vardan Sparapet, before the Battle of Avarayr

Amazing work, good job!

@tone maybe "exploding pigs" is the perfect mod for you!

i m not sure but as far as i ve seen in the trailer shouldn t the phalanx carry the sarrisa using both hands ??

They're using the two handed animation courtesy of the EB team, but the animation doesn't use both hands in all poses.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

oh allright than it s cool thx for the uber qvick reply

tudor93's Avatar Primicerius

niceeeee can't wait to play it
    Īnfrānt nu eşti atunci cānd sāngeri,
    nici ochii cānd īn lacrimi ţi-s.
    Adevăratele īnfrāngeri,
    sunt renunţările la vis.

Ian Altano's Avatar Senator

Wow, this is really something! I watched it twice in a row

One note though: when the hoplites first clash, I noticed they all immediately switch to sword. Is this just coincidence, or will this happen in the game? Because hoplites that immediately relinquish their spears are not really useful, are they?

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Well my friends, this video has done more for me than show off the exemplary craftsmanship and design that the fine modders behind this art have created, for i have known of there excellence for a time now.

What i hadn't anticipated was how enthralled i was. The glistening armor, the billowing dust, the sweaty arms and muscly bodies that take to the field, With fine beards, and my, what strong hands as well ! I had not expected such a reaction, but now i see the truth of it. For too long i have denied myself this fine truth, and this trailer, this.. has shown me things about myself i had yet to fathom !

Ohh yes, what fine greek lads be here ! They are all so... FABULOUS.
    How anti-climatic

One note though: when the hoplites first clash, I noticed they all immediately switch to sword. Is this just coincidence, or will this happen in the game? Because hoplites that immediately relinquish their spears are not really useful, are they?
    If i recall correctly it was the attacking unit that stayed with the spears and the one's on hold the ones that changed, its RTW glitch i believe, it cant be changed unless you order the hoplites to attack, something minor really.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    They're using the two handed animation courtesy of the EB team, but the animation doesn't use both hands in all poses.
    EB and RS working together? :O
    Is this the dawn of a new supermod!?!? I'm praying for that day to come!

http://www.last.fm/user/Grimelex <----- Clicky clicky.

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Quote Originally Posted by Grimelex View Post
    EB and RS working together? :O
    Is this the dawn of a new supermod!?!? I'm praying for that day to come!
    That has happened more than one time during the development.
    We have been working quite close with the RTR team too.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam