Page 7 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Borissomeone's Tales of Thera (Fan Fiction)

Default Re: After Action Reports (AARs)

Quote Originally Posted by Borissomeone View Post
    I was going to call it 'Night of Knifes/Knives' (grammar), but I like the other one better. Mmmm not sure when it will be ready currently writing the fight scene with lots of assassin fun.
    assassins huh?

has someone been playing assassin's creed

but seriously i am looking forward to it

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    assassins huh?

has someone been playing assassin's creed

but seriously i am looking forward to it
    Naw no assassin's creed, never really appealed to me, I'm looking forward to posting it soonish (next few days) . Once done I hope everyone enjoys it.

Congratulations! I would rep you if I could, but I have to spread it around first.

Thankyou, all good just read my next part when it's done and leave a comment or two .
    Last edited by Borissomeone; January 14, 2010 at 07:36 PM.

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Hello, I've decided to post this next part in two parts (if that makes sense). So I'm pleased to post Part One of 'To eat the Bear'. I hope you all enjoy.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cast of Main Characters.

Maximus - Legionarii, Second in command of the Fifth Legion (battle field promotion)
    Spurius – Legionarri, Commander of the Fifth Legion (battle field promotion)
    Anthony – Legionarri, Decurion of the Fifth Legion (battle field promotion)
    Domitius – Commander of the Equites Lanciarii, Sword Master and legendary fighter
    Muckus – Former commander of the Fifth Legion (deceased)
    Attius – Legionarii of the Fifth Legion, Muckus shadow

Bassus – Muckus’s father
    Cita – Muckus’s mother
    The Little Man – Head of the Assassins Guild

Toke – Commander of the Men of Demos

‘To eat the Bear.’

Part One

Anthony, Maximus, Spurius and Domitius stood looking down at what remained of Muckus, his mangled body flayed in some parts and worried by animals in others. Muckus’s face wore a half terrified half mystified expression, as if he knew what was happening to him but not why, the scouts had found Muckus still tied to a tree, his naked form slumped over hiding the worst of the damage from the dark ritual.
    ‘What do we do with this?’ Giving the body a push with his foot, asked Maximus. Muckus’s head tilted to the side, staring at the gathered men, his eyes missing but it seemed the empty sockets looked back at the men accusing them of something.
    ‘Leave it for the forest and all that dwell within.’ Grunted Domitius,
    ‘What of the Demos?’ Spurius asked,
    ‘Their gone, the scouts have found their trail heading back towards Lonely Hill fort.’ Domitius again grunted. A Legionarii came upon the men, catching Domitius eye he indicated he needed to speak to the grizzled man. The two men exchanged a few quite words before the Legionarii left. Domitius returned to the waiting men.
    ‘We return to Arretium.’ Domitius said, before turning and bellowing orders at his men.

Attius watched the gathered men cluster around the form of Muckus, no respect for the dead, one man had even kicked poor Muckus. Attius had grown up with Muckus, always there in the back ground, his shadow some called him always there but never noticed. He hadn’t known what to do when Muckus had been arrested, his shadow but a coward none the less, so he had lurked about, drifting lost, until word had come that Muckus had escaped, hope had blossomed like a flower after a storm, and then the hope was shattered just like poor Muckus’s body. A frown on his plain face as he thought hard about what to do now, poor Muckus was to be left for the crows, no coins placed on his eyes, Attius decided the only thing to do was tell Muckus’s family and let them deal with it. One look back at Muckus’s broken body and he disappeared into the crowd, just another shadow amongst so many men.

Toke stood looking back at the skull faced priest who had just informed him that the men of Demos were to return to the capital. The priest had not explained why, just given the order and stood staring at the commander, its perpetual grin slightly unnerving, Toke briefly thought about a contest of wills with the priest, but how do you stare down a skull? A shrug and Toke spoke,
    ‘Very well I will do as ordered.’ The priest nodded and walked away.

Bassus, Muckus’s father, stood meekly as Cita raged about the room. Attius didn’t want to draw attention to himself, again, after telling Muckus’s parents about his death, one eye swollen shut after Cita had smashed him in the face, her face red as she screamed curses into the morning air. Cita stopped and spun on Attius, spittle flying from her lips.
    ‘Who did this to my boy?’
    ‘Domitius arrested him…’ Attius said quickly not wanting to anger the large woman further, Attius knew that Domitius wasn’t the one who had actually killed Muckus, but still, he was the one who had arrested him and if he hadn’t been tied to the tree and had to have then escaped he would be here today. Attius felt sweat bead on his forehead as Muckus’s mother started again with the curses, her large meaty fists again curling up getting ready to hit something, Cita turned to her husband
    ‘Go talk to your…friends. You know what needs to be done.’
    ‘Yes my dear…um now?’ Cita back handed her husband, who fell over a chair his robes falling open exposing his hairy skinny legs.
    ‘Yes now my love.’ Cita sneered back at her prone husband. Attius standing in the corner, unnoticed, decided it was time to leave. Slipping out a side door he made his way through the sprawling house and back into the city of Arretium, one thought came to his head, maybe this wasn’t such a good idea.

Walking quickly down the wide clean street, weaving slightly from the blow to his head, Bassus came to the shop front, the sign creaked slowly in the soft breeze as it swung back and forth, Bassus stood outside watching the sign with its brightly coloured picture of a little man holding a large jug move with each breath of the wind. Mesmerised briefly by the bright colours and the hypnotic movement he shook his head and staggered into the shop, earthen jugs were stacked to the ceiling and the was air thick with dust that drifted about the shop on unseen currents. Bassus wobbled up to the counter where sat a small bird like man, who cocked one eyebrow at Bassus’s beaten appearance. Bassus took a deep breath and tried to compose himself before speaking, a moment and he spoke.
    ‘I…have a job…my son murdered…um I have a job.’ The Little Man smiled a nasty smile.
    ‘Ahh Bassus so nice to see you again, now my dear man, tell me about what happened to your delightful son. No wait don’t tell you’ve already said, murdered, a pity. Who is the target?’
    ‘Domitius’
    ‘The Sword Master? A legend amongst the good people of the Romuli’
    ‘Yes’
    ‘It will cost you, I may lose men. Domitius could be …tough.’ Bassus pushed two heavy purses across the counter towards the Little Man.
    ‘Done, Domitius will die!’ exclaimed The Little Man. ‘A drink perhaps might be in order maybe a game of dice?’ Bassus nodded happily for no one denied the leader of the Assassin Guild anything.

The sun set over Arretium, as shadows extended and people stumbled home from a hard days work, or perhaps to much wine, Maximus, Anthony and Domitius found themselves enjoying another round of cool wine, Spurius had left early something about finding a soft woman before they found out what their new orders were and what was to become of the remaining men of the Fifth Legion. The night wore on as the three men drank wine and ate, telling tales and trying to forget the troubles they had all experience. A darkness briefly rippled across Maximus’s face as he remembered doing the same with his dead brothers, even sour Gallus almost smiled at the tales told by the care free Leontius, sitting back Maximus let the sounds of the city wash over him, a dog barking in the distance and then suddenly quite, the voices of the two men sitting with him droning on in slightly drunken tones. Maximus pondered why the wine shop wasn’t packed with patrons this night; in fact he hadn’t seen the owner or a serving girl for a while either.

Standing Maximus looked around, the street was deserted, a frown pulled its way across his face, Maximus started to turn back to his companions when a man stepped around the corner draped in a dark cloak that seemed to drink in the darkness around him. He suddenly raised a compact, yet powerful crossbow from inside his cloak and fired. Years of battle saved Domitius, just, as the bolt ripped the side of his face open and buried itself into the wall behind him. The assassin let out a high pitched whistle, dropping the crossbow he then drew his blade and advanced on the three men. Maximus pulled his gladius free and moved to meet the man.

Anthony watched in disbelief as the assassin moved in seeming to think he could beat the three men, did he not know they were Legionarii? More assassins came running around the corner, oh, thought Anthony.

Maximus found himself in a deadly dance as the assassins blade snaked in, the man kept twirling in his cloak, a wild dance of cloak and blade, the dark material obscuring his movements. Maximus saw the other men come around the corner, six against one time to end this, he thought. The next spin of the cloak and Maximus stepped in; the assassin who thought his style of swordsmanship was unusual enough to keep his adversary confused was surprised to find himself suddenly off balance as Maximus grabbed his cloak and halted his spinning dance of death, Maximus pulled the man towards him, as the man lost his balance and stumbled Maximus stabbed his gladius up and under the assassin’s chin, feeling his warm blood gush over his hand he yanked his blade free, quickly turning he ran back to his friends. More crossbow bolts ripped through the air just missing the running Legionarii, Maximus saw Anthony and Domitius make their way into the wine house. Sprinting into the room he found Domitius crouched just inside the door.
    ‘Anthony?’ asked Maximus, noting the large wound on Domitius face freely weeping blood.
    ‘Out back, checking to see if there is a back door to this place.’ Growled Domitius
    Maximus glanced out a window, he could see assassin’s moving into position, making ready to storm the wine house; he counted at least ten men that he could see. Anthony came back into the main room, a quick shake of his head indicated that there was no back door as he weaved his way between the tables of the wine house.
    The three men squatted down together, Domitius spoke,
    ‘Tell me,’ as he spoke the fitful light from the oil lamps caused his face flicker with each word ’do you want the bear to eat you? Or do you want to eat the bear?’ The men looked at each other and spoke at the same time,
    ‘We’ll eat the bear.’
    ‘Good men, let us ready for the coming feast.’

The windows of the wine house exploded inwards as crossbow bolts smashed through them, quickly followed by assassins as they bounded and rolled into the room blades at the ready. The first to land was felled by Domitius, striking with appalling speed he stabbed the assassin in the throat, blood exploded from the wound as Domitius pulled his weapon free painting his face in the dying mans blood, clearing his eyes he moved to met the next assassin.

Anthony found himself facing an assassin with a long slender blade that moved through the air with a mind of its own; he was quickly covered in small wounds as he barely managed to keep the slender blade from himself. Only his reflexes kept the assassin from landing a killing blow, without warning a chair crashed into the assassin’s side knocking the man down, Anthony took the opportunity to stomp on the fallen mans chest, hearing bones break he nodded thanks to Maximus who flung another chair into the path of the next assassin through the window, fouling his landing, the assassin rolled across the floor and came to his feet and launched a flurry of blows, using hand and foot having lost his sword, at Maximus. Maximus lost his gladius, it being deftly kicked from his now numb hand, another kick impacted with the side of his head, stunned Maximus struggled to remain up right, seeing a fist coming at his face Maximus only just managed to avoid it when a chair sailed into the assassin, sending him off too Maximus left giving him enough time to ready for the assassin as he flew back at Maximus, a fist came screaming in, which he again just avoided.

He was taking a pounding and he knew he needed to finish this manic, the next blow he caught the man by his wrist, years of training with a blade making his grip like iron, with a savage twist he brought the assassin’s arm up and back behind the man, hearing a satisfying crack as his shoulder popped out of the joint, a scream and the man fell back, Maximus picked up another chair and floored the shocked assassin, who collapsed blood leaking from his ears.

Domitius pulled his blade free from the dead assassin, as the remaining assassin’s fled back through the windows. Of the ten men who had attacked half now lay dead on the floor of the wine house. Silence outside, inside the sound of three men breathing a sigh of relief after a short, but brutal battle. Domitius’s face had swelled up, his wound looking like a second puckered mouth growing on the side of his face, Maxiums was bruised all over and Anthony looked like someone had tried to slice him up one cut at a time.
    ‘What now?’ asked Anthony, wiping blood from his eyes as one cut on his forehead continued to bleed freely.
    ‘This room has too many windows…should we move up stairs and wait out the night? The stairs will prevent too many coming at us.’ Asked and suggested Maximus.
    ‘Alright we’ll move up stairs and wait the night out. When morning comes I’m sure theses chaps trying to kill us will melt away with the night.’ Domitius said already moving across the floor towards the stairs.

End of Part One.

Last edited by Borissomeone; January 18, 2010 at 02:59 PM.

now that was exciting! i am eagerly awaiting part 2

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

Great update - as usual!

Two things, though: Muckus's father is named Attius in your cast list, should be Bassus. And one of the assassins drawing a "large crossbow" from his cloak is not realistic. A normal crossbow is too large to hide under a cloak, not to speak of a large crossbow. It should be a smaller than usual crossbow - still deadly enough at close quarters.

I gotta say with all the characters that have already been killed off I don't know if they'll last the night suspense is killing me, keep it up!
    My A-list of mods to play
    Lord of the Rings total war
    Thera Legacy of the Great Torment
    End of Days and its sequel
    Third Age total war, similar to Lord of the rings total war
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP
    Bringing the light of God(Canadian) Emperor to the fringes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    now that was exciting! i am eagerly awaiting part 2
    Thankyou good sir.
    Quote Originally Posted by toluas View Post
    Great update - as usual!

Two things, though: Muckus's father is named Attius in your cast list, should be Bassus. And one of the assassins drawing a "large crossbow" from his cloak is not realistic. A normal crossbow is too large to hide under a cloak, not to speak of a large crossbow. It should be a smaller than usual crossbow - still deadly enough at close quarters.
    Nice work, thanks for pointing that out, Ive now changed it to a compact, yet powerful crossbow and corrected the name of Muckus father....

Quote Originally Posted by midterm360 View Post
    I gotta say with all the characters that have already been killed off I don't know if they'll last the night suspense is killing me, keep it up!
    Well who knows who will make it, guess well wait and see. Oh and rep for all.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Very nice! You defenitely deserve rep for this!

Quote Originally Posted by The Holy Pilgrim View Post
    Very nice! You defenitely deserve rep for this!
    Thanks good sir, I'm glad you liked it. Part two will come soonish.

Thanks good sir, I'm glad you liked it. Part two will come soonish.
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP

Quote Originally Posted by midterm360 View Post
    nice thank you.

Sorry guys running on empty. I'm going to take a step back and catch my breath before I continue with this story. I have a deep respect of this mod and only want the best of my story told. It will continue.

Cheers,

Boris
    Last edited by Borissomeone; February 04, 2010 at 05:19 AM.

No worries mate, AAR writing gets exhausting my last update on reclamation was... like 2 months late or so? So you cant possible be worse than I was
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP

Sorry guys running on empty. I'm going to take a step back and catch my breath before I continue with this story. I have a deep respect of this mod and only want the best of my story told. It will continue.

Cheers,

Boris
    no problem we can wait

Hello,

I've had a few days to think about where I want the story to go and now I'm keen to write. Part two of 'To Eat the Bear' will see if the three Legionarii will make it to the morning (one will die) and I will bring in a new female character. The next part will be called 'Epirus', the Uruk, the Teutonic and the Romuli all come together in a massive battle. Also a plot will be discovered by Toke, one that will destroy Thera, he will need to decide if he lets the Uruk Dominion go ahead with the plan or will he betray them and save Thera...

Bye for now, back soon with more.

Cheers,

Boris

Great you're back, my friend!

sounds like this FF has an exciting future

Now you've really got my attention!
    Call of Warhammer
    RIP

Hey guys here's part two of 'To Eat The Bear'. Hope you all enjoy.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cast of Main Characters.

Maximus - Legionarii, Second in command of the Fifth Legion (battle field promotion)
    Spurius – Legionarri, Commander of the Fifth Legion (battle field promotion)
    Anthony – Legionarri, Decurion of the Fifth Legion (battle field promotion)
    Domitius – Commander of the Equites Lanciarii, Sword Master and legendary fighter
    Muckus – Former commander of the Fifth Legion (deceased)
    Attius – Legionarii of the Fifth Legion, Muckus shadow

Bassus – Muckus’s father
    Cita – Muckus’s mother
    The Little Man – Head of the Assassins Guild

Toke – Commander of the Men of Demos

Aaryn – Lao Che Khanate (captured and sold into slavery)

‘To Eat The Bear’ part two.

The three men charged up the stairs, reaching the top they looked down a narrow hallway lit by one fitful oil lamp. Two doors one on each side of the hallway, both closed and no light showing from under either door. Anthony kicked in one door, the room empty but for a bed and a single chair and a narrow window showing the night still held its grip upon the land. Turning he placed a powerful kick on the other door, as the door crashed into the room he raced in weapon at the ready, a high pitched squeal broke the silence. Anthony stood stunned as the fat wine house owner picked himself up from the floor, his face red and tears already staining his chubby face, but Anthony paid no attention to the man, sitting on the bed was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen, the room was only lit by the weak moon light from two narrow windows but her pale face seemed to draw the light towards it.

Anthony stood transfixed, a wide grin already on his face as he stood staring at the girl who looked back with large dark eyes, her raven hair draped over her body like a cloak. With a start he realised that her hands were bound and a chain ran from her neck attached to the wall. For the first time he turned his gaze to the owner, who was trying to pull his pants back up, his eyes narrowed as he grabbed the man and shoved him through the door, turning to the girl he spoke.
    ‘Ahh wait here I’ll be right back.’
    ‘Where will I go foolish man?’ Speaking the common tongue, Aaryn asked. Aaryn held up her bound hands and moved so the chain went tight the strange man covered in blood looked at her blankly before blinking a few times and then spoke.
    ‘Oh right…sorry, I’ll be back.’
    ‘You already said that foolish man.’ He looked at her again before turning and heading back out into the hallway where he had flung that slimy fat little man.

When Anthony came out of the room he found Domitius had the wine seller pinned to the wall his blade held to the fat mans throat.
    ‘What do you know about the attack?’ growled Domitius, his wound making his grizzled face even more terrifying. Crying the man replied,
    ‘Nothing, I swear good sir.’ One look at the blubbering man and Domitius applied pressure to his blade, the tip slowly started to sink into the folds of flesh around the fat mans throat, a thick bead of blood oozed out and dribbled along the notched blade. The small fat man started to wail.
    ‘Please I’ll talk, just don’t kill me’ tears and mucus streaming down his face the man continued ‘word was spread that if you were seen’ he nodded at Domitius ‘we were meant to report it to Bassus. I saw you arrive and sent a runner; I was to keep you here if you tried to leave. Luckily you like to drink my fine wine.’ A weak smile at the three grim men ‘Bassus sent me the slave girl as payment for giving word, and a bag of gold. I was just about to try her when your young friend interrupted…’
    ‘Who is this Bassus?’ Asked Domitius, before the man could answer Maximus spoke.
    ‘He’s Muckus father. For some reason he must blame you for his death.’
    ‘He was a coward and a fool’ spat Domitius ‘he received everything he deserved.’ Anthony suddenly spoke,
    ‘Why don’t you have a back door or gate or some way out of here through the back? And the slave girl what is her name?’ the fat little man looked slightly over whelmed by the sudden barrage of questions, but took a breath and answered quickly not wanting to anger these men anymore.
    ‘I have a trap door that leads down to the wine cellar and up to the back alley, most wine houses have a set up like this…it allows us to load wine straight into the wine cellar. And the girl does it matter what her name is? Anthony looked the man in the eyes, his green eyes looked back at the fat mans brown eyes, never blinking but sending a message that promised much pain if he didn’t answer.
    ‘I-I-I don’t know, I going to…pleasure her and then put her to work as a whore.’ With that answer Anthony stepped forward and smashed his fist into the man’s face, the fat mans head snapped back and rebounded off the wall with a wet thud; he slid to the ground twitching and moaning. Anthony turned and disappeared back into the room.
    ‘I think we should go now, find this trap door and make our way to the barracks. Once were safe I think we should decide what to do about this Bassus and these assassins.’ Suggested Maximus, Domitius nodded once in agreement as Anthony came out leading a young woman from the room, she was clad in a simple slaves robe and Maximus could see why Anthony found her attractive. It was clear she was of Lao Che blood, raven hair, tilted eyes and slim, but her robe clung to her showing that she clearly had curves in the right places.
    ‘She coming with us…I want to help her.’ Anthony stated a challenging look in his eyes. Maximus just smiled and slapped him on his back, as Domitius just grumbled about being slowed down.

Aaryn wasn’t so sure her luck had changed just yet, but this foolish young man seemed to be trustful enough, for now as she followed him from the room.

Before the small group could move back down the stairs flickering shadows could be seen moving just beyond the stairs, before any warning could be given the assassins poured up the stairs. Shoving Aaryn back men turned and faced the snaking long blades of the determined killers. The stairs being only wide enough for two men enabled the Legionarii to slow the initial rush, but slowly the men were being forced back. Domitius seeing that they were being pushed back into the narrow hallway stepped back and let Anthony move forward, turning he grabbed the fat little man and bellowed for Maximus and Anthony to make way, each man with quick parries knocked back blades allowing Domitius to move forward. With a grunt he picked up the semiconscious wine seller and flung him down the stairs. The once wine seller and now human boulder bounced his way down the stairs knocking flat the assassins as they tried to dive clear, the Legionarii followed stabbing blades into fallen men as the charged down the stairs, Anthony holding tight to Aaryn pulled her along in the wild run for the kitchen and hopefully freedom. Maximus first into the kitchen spotted the trapdoor, a few kegs sitting on it almost covering it completely. Anthony came barrelling in dragging the girl, Maximus shot him a look as he started to fling and pull the kegs out of the way, Anthony looked slightly sheepish for not seeing the door as he moved to help, Domitius stopped at the door turning to meet the charging assassins trying to stall them while the door was cleared.

Maximus stooped as the last keg was moved and looked down at the thick lock that held the trap door closed.
    ‘What now? Is there a key?’ Asked Anthony
    ‘There is a key foolish man; the fat little one has them in his belt.’ Aaryn said pointing passed Domitius as he held back the enemy and at the wine seller who lay in a broken heap at the bottom of the stairs. Anthony stood staring at her, her voice was like honey to him a silly grin on his face, again, aloud crack broke the smile as Maximus started to pound the lock with a large meat cleaver.
    ‘Help Domitius.’ Maximus grunted with each swing of the cleaver.

Domitius blocked another blow, facing two assassins who’s blades danced and weaved before him, Domitius barely held them at bay, he sensed Anthony behind him ready to move forward but he couldn’t disengage without the blades striking him. His heart pounding in his chest, arms starting to feel heavier, a long day and much wine plus blood kept pouring from his wound, which pulsed with each beat of his heart, Domitus knew it wasn’t long before he failed.

With a loud crack the lock shattered, Maximus flung open the door.

Domitius heard Maximus yelling the door was open, a quick thrust and his blade stabbed into the throat of the first assassin, pulling the notched blade free he blocked a high blow from the other assassin when a third appeared, battered and bloody having had a fat little man land on him and being stabbed in the chest, lucky not a fatal blow, he raised his crossbow and fired.

Domitius felt the blow to his chest, looking down he saw the thick bolt sticking out, staggering back a step the second assassin whipped his blade across Domitius throat, opening a sad smile on his neck, the wound spewed blood out in gushing spurts as Domitius fell to his knees.

Anthony saw Domitius go down, shock rooted him to the spot before his battle training kicked in and he charged at the assassin, who turned and fled back through the wine house. Anthony quickly caught up to the third assassin who was trying to hobble away, his gladius opening a deep wound in the man’s back. The last assassin was long gone as Anthony stood amongst the carnage and destruction that was the wine house common room, broken bodies and the stench of blood and loosened bowels hung heavy in the air turning he saw Maximus standing over Domitius as he lay in a pool of his own blood on the rough wooden floor.
    ‘We should take him back to the barracks…’ Maximus muttered his voice rough and heavy with emotion. Another friend dead, he thought to himself, my brothers, my friends they all die around me, am I cursed?
    ‘Maximus lets go, we’ll use some planks from a table to make a stretcher for Domitius. We should go, this place reeks of death and I feel the need to fill my chest with clean air.’
    ‘You’re right let’s go.’ The two men gathered up Domitius and left the wine house through the front door, Aaryn followed, these men are different from what she had seen of other men from the Romuli Empire. They had not tried to rape her, lucky for them for she was not ready to show her skills just yet, plans for escape flew through her mind, soon she hope to start the long journey back to the lands of the Lao Che Khanate.

Dawn saw the small group makes it way back into the cities Barracks, soft light lit a scene of sadness and growing anger as word spread of the assassination of Domitius. Spurius met the men just inside the gates, pushing his way through milling Legionarii he found his friends standing next to the body of Domitius.
    ‘What happened?’ he asked the battered and bloodied men, taking note of the girl standing just behind Anthony. Maximus spoke,
    ‘Assassin’s came…they were sent for Domitius. We believe Muckus father sent them…we need men, we need to go to his parents place and show then they can’t just strike down a man of the Legions.’ Maximus voice was riddled with anger as he spoke.
    ‘If this is true revenge will have to wait. The Fifth Legion is being reinforced with new units, for we are to march upon Epirus. The Empire has decided that it is time for them to join the Empire of the Romuli.’
    ‘When do we march?’ Asked Anthony,
    ‘We leave tomorrow’ turning Spurius raised his voice ‘Men of the Fifth Legion you all know our history, born of blood and fire many have fallen, but the men that stand before me have been harden in the constant fighting we have endured. And for this reason we are being sent to Epirus, tomorrow we march, let the banner of war ride high for the Fifth march again.’ The cheering echoed off the walls and into the morning sky. Spurius turned back to his friends and spoke quietly,
    ‘When we return I will let you have whatever you need to bring justice to those who think they can kill one of us.’ Quick nods from the two men ‘Good now lets us prepare for war.’

Last edited by Borissomeone; February 18, 2010 at 06:26 PM.

ah another great update

good job Borissomeone