Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Borissomeone's Tales of Thera (Fan Fiction)

Borissomeone's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: After Action Reports (AARs)

Hello, quick update my story be on hold for abit. My wife just gave birth to baby boy on the 09/09/2009 at 2.45pm, little Anthony, life is good. Cheers

Under the Patronage of TheFirstONeill.

Well, that excuses everything!
    My congrats on your son.

TheFirstONeill's Avatar Father of Thera

Quote Originally Posted by Borissomeone View Post
    Hello, quick update my story be on hold for abit. My wife just gave birth to baby boy on the 09/09/2009 at 2.45pm, little Anthony, life is good. Cheers

Congratulations sir, maybe I can name a character in V3 in your sons honour ?

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone
    Proud Creator of Thera, Legacy of the Great Torment: Opifex :

congrats man

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

aduellist's Avatar Push the button Max!

Congratulations!
    Under the patronage of TheFirstONeill
    Proud team member of
    THERA, A New Beginning

"The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all." H. L. Mencken

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." Frederick Douglass

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words, we have my boy home now after 5 days at the hospital and we are slowly settling back into a routine. Now a quick update I’m back to writing now so the story will continue between nappies and feeding . I think I will add him as part of the story. @ Mr O'Neill that would be really cool if he was ingame. Cheers.

Hello, hope you enjoy the next part

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cast of Characters.

Maximus – Legionarii of the Fifth Legion
    Leontius - Legionarii of the Fifth Legion – Brother to Maximus and Gallus
    Gallus - Legionarii of the Fifth Legion – Brother to Leontius and Maximus
    Brutus – Commander of the Fifth Legion – Deceased
    Muckus – Ranking officer of the Fifth Legion
    Aula – Whore – Tool of Callisto
    Spurius – Ranking officer of the Fifth Legion
    Anthony - Legionarii of the Fifth Legion

‘Brothers’

Gallus fell onto Maximus’ blade, the cold steel biting deep, his slackness disappeared as life briefly returned and then faded from his eyes, the scene repeated itself over and over in Maximus mind as he slept, Gallus, his sour faced brother reaching for his throat, mouth open, his eyes dead, over and over.Leontius watched his brother lie there moaning, his face racked by grief and pain, with a grunt Leontius left the barracks, he knew what his brother felt, but he needed sleep and would have little if he stayed.With so many men dead it would not be hard to find somewhere else to sleep. As Leontius made his way across the main yard of the fort he spotted Aula standing in the shadows, they seemed to swallow her only showing her head and her dark eyes as she stood hidden from all but Leontius, she gestured for him to come over.

Aula watched the Legionarii come to her, she shrugged her shoulders so her dark robe fell open a little exposing the gentle swell of her breast. She would soon have another to look after her and when she was done with this one she would find another.
    ‘What do you want woman?’ Leontius said as he came over to her, his face tight with tiredness and grief.
    ‘I just wanted to say I know what you’re going through with the loss of your brother, I to have lost my brother.’ A sad little smile on her face, Aula had never had a brother or any real family having been sold into the sex trade at such an early age, but she would say what needed to be said to get what she wanted. Aula did not care, she would use as she had been used by so many.
    ‘I am sorry to hear that, but I am near falling over where I stand so get to the point whore.’
    Looking hurt, eyes big her hair moved in time with the wind, her robe fell open a little more, Aula watched as his eyes darted down to look.
    ‘I can help with your tiredness, if you like. My quarters are quiet, you can sleep or we can…talk.’ Placing a hand on his chest she smiled as her clothing parted showing her ample curves and milky white skin.
    A little smile formed on Leontius face as he looked at the whore, why not? He thought to himself, he needed something to take his mind off the last few days.
    ‘I could do with a good….talk.’ Aula grabbed his hands and pulled him into the shadows, eyes lit with dark desire. The goddess whispered in her mind.

Maximus woke from his restless sleep, only to hear shouting coming from the main yard, going outside he saw a newly arrived scout dismounting from his horse. He waited for Spurius to finish talking to the exhausted man. ‘What gives?’ Maximus asked, his voice sounding hollow to Spurius.
    ‘The green skins come. They will be here by tonight, more than I thought possible, but it doesn’t matter we will do what we were trained to do. We will kill until we can kill no more. What more can our founder ask from us?’ A strange look rippled on his face, a light suddenly blazed to life in his eyes, a hardness generally not seen in the mild mannered Maximus.

He knew his newly appointed commander was right, the green skins needed to pay for what they had done, a slow fury started to burn, not a wild rage like Leontius was capable of, but a cold hatred. His training had taught him not to let his emotions rule during a battle, this time it did not matter.
    ‘We should ready then for the coming fight.’ As he walked away a cold hard smile crept across Maximus face. Spurius watched the Legionarii stalk away and pitied the green skins who would meet Maximus in battle.

Their love making had been wild and rough, and after Leontius fell into deep dreamless sleep, he lay there dead to the world. Aula dreamed, darkness that was already in her soul grew as the sinister goddess Callisto whispered again in her mind, she spoke of blood and despair and told of power she could have if she followed the goddess and forsook her kind. The voices grew into a crescendo, they screamed at her as Aula's mind broke.

Aula slowly came awake, after the wild dreams of blood and hate, a strong metallic taste in her mouth; she looked down at Leontius as she sat with her legs apart on his lower body. His chest was wide open, gore and ropy insides spread all over, dark red blood covered her like a nightmarish cloak. Pieces of flesh hung from her mouth, numbness flowed through her body and then a new sense of strength. Leontius’ gladius lay next to her, its blade crusted with blood; Aula looked at the blade and started to cackle to herself, louder and louder until she screamed, a cry of glee and hatred. She stood clothed in blood and gore and headed for her door as the goddess sang to her.

Maximus saw the whore’s door crash open as she came out, hair wild and draped in her macabre robe. Aula went straight for Maximus, rage painted on her once beautiful face.Fingers like claws she swiped at Maximus’ face, he blocked the blow with one arm and slammed his fist into her face, Aula smiled, bits of flesh and teeth falling out of her mouth. She punched Maximus in the face, knocking him flat. He quickly rolled to his feet, his gladius hissed from his scabbard. Other Legionarii stood stunned at the strange spectacle as Maximus readied for the next attack. She came at him again; Maximus swung, taking her arm off from the elbow, blood thundered out.Aula cackled again, ‘You can never stop me, pitiful Romuli.’ Her voice sounded like a thousand people trying to speak at once. ‘You have been marked for doom, you will die.’ Aula smiled another broken smile and came at him again. Maximus stabbed her in the chest. Aula shrugged off the blow and again punched Maximus in the face, his nose breaking, stunned he staggered back a step as she leap on him. One Legionarii now moved forward, tall with a shock of black hair and grey-blue eyes, he planted his studded sandal into the side off her head, knocking the frenzied whore off Maximus. Aula fell to the ground, as she struggled to rise, the Legionarii pinned her to the ground with a pilum. Aula lay there screaming in a thousand voices, with her one remaining arm she reached up and flung away the pilum.

The goddess sang loudly to Aula as she started to stand, her voice droned as the daylight seemed to dim. Maximus stood and in one fluid motion took her head from her shoulders, a great billow of blood and Aula’s body collapsed to the ground, head hitting the ground with a wet impact her eyes continued to dart about before finally stopping, staring straight at Maximus, a little smile again on her face.

Horns sounded, for the green skins had come, a sea of swords, spears and skull faced priests. Amongst the army of green moved blocks of armoured men, armed with sword and spear also, the men of Demos had come for the blood of the Romuli.

Maximus saw what was left of his brother in the whore’s room, his heart felt empty but for the rage that now burned bright and pure, he turned to the Legionarii who had helped him.
    ‘What is your name Legionarii?’ he asked in a flat voice.
    ‘Anthony,’ he replied simply, ‘Your loss I understand, but let us take revenge on the foul army that is coming. Let us send their souls to be crushed between our founder’s balls.’
    Maximus looked at the man standing before him, his face open and honest; he nodded once, ‘Let us end this madness.’ With that, he gathered his weapons and made his way with Anthony to the wall to wait for the final battle of Lonely Hill Fort to begin.
    Last edited by Borissomeone; July 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM.

hmmm for some reason i cant open the spoiler and read the next part of the story

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-of-Aggression- An Age of Aggression- my Skyrim FF

GrumpyBean's Avatar Ordinarius

same here
    Very funny and old tale of Mordor. The grass is always greener.
    Epic Tale of Thera, simply a masterpiece . Borissomeone's Tales of Thera.

works for me, ?

House of Wilpuri :By the Patronage of Elrond: Patron of Caki : Aduellist : Borissomeone

Here's the unSPOILERed (is this a real word?) part, same as above. Enjoy .

Gallus fell onto Maximus blade, the cold steel biting deep, his slackness disappeared as life briefly returned and then faded from his eyes, the scene repeated itself over and over in Maximus mind as he slept, Gallus his sour faced brother reaching for his throat, mouth open, his eyes dead, over and over. Leontius watched his brother lay there moaning his face racked by grief and pain, with a grunt Leontius left the barracks, he knew what his brother felt, but he needed sleep and would have little if he stayed. With so many men dead it would not be hard to find somewhere else to sleep, as Leontius made his way across the main yard of the fort he spotted Aula standing in the shadows, they seemed to swallow her only showing her head and her dark eyes as she stood hidden from all but Leontius, she gestured for him to come over.

Aula watched the Legionarii come to her, she shrugged her shoulders so her dark robe fell open a little exposing the gentle swell of her breast. She would soon have another to look after her and when she was done with this one she would find another.
    ‘What do you want woman?’ Leontius said as he came over to her his face tight with tiredness and grief.
    ‘I just wanted to say I know what you’re going through with the loss of your brother, I to have lost my brother.’ A sad little smile on her face, Aula had never had a brother or any real family having been sold into the sex trade at an early age, but she would say what needed to be said to get what she wanted. Aula did not care, she would use as she had been used by so many.
    ‘I am sorry to hear that, but I am near falling over where I stand so get to the point whore.’
    Looking hurt, eyes big her hair moved in time with the wind, her robe fell open a little more, Aula watched as his eyes darted down to look.
    ‘I can help with your tiredness, if you like. My quarters are quite, you can sleep or we can…talk.’ Placing a hand on his chest she smiled as her clothing parted showing her ample curves and milky white skin.
    A little smile formed on Leontius face as he looked at the whore, why not? He thought to himself he needed something to take his mind off the last few days.
    ‘I could do with a good….talk.’ Aula grabbed his hands and pulled him into the shadows, eyes lit with dark desire. The goddess whispered in her mind.

Maximus woke from his restless sleep, only to hear shouting coming from the main yard, going outside he saw a newly arrived scout dismounting from his horse. He waited for Spurius to finish talking to the exhausted man. ‘What gives?’ Maximus asked his voice sounding hollow to Spurius.
    ‘The green skins come. They will be here by tonight, more than I thought possible, but it doesn’t matter we will do what we were trained to do. We will kill until we can kill no more. What more can our founder ask from us?’ A strange look rippled on his face, a light suddenly blazed to life in his eyes, a hardness generally not seen in the mild mannered Maximus.

He knew his newly appointed commander was right, the green skins needed to pay for what they had done, a slow fury started to burn, not a wild rage like Leontius was capable of but a cold hatred. His training had taught him not to let his emotions rule during a battle, this time it did not matter.
    ‘We should ready then for the coming fight.’ As he walked away a cold hard smile crept across Maximus face. Spurius watched the Legionarri stalk away and pitied the green skins who would meet Maximus in battle.

Their love making had been wild and rough, and after Leontius fell into deep dreamless sleep, he lay there dead to the world. Aula dreamed, darkness that was already in her soul grew as the sinister goddess Callisto whispered again in her mind, she spoke of blood and despair and told of power she could have if she followed the goddess and forsake her kind. The voices grew in crescendo they screamed at her as Aula's mind broke.

Aula slowly came awake, after the wild dreams of blood and hate, a strong metallic taste in her mouth; she looked down at Leontius as she sat with her legs apart on his lower body. His chest was wide open gore and ropy insides spread all over, dark red blood covered her like a nightmare cloak. Pieces of flesh hung from her mouth, numbness flowed through her body and then a new sense of strength. Leontius gladius lay next to her its blade crusted with blood; Aula looked at the blade and started to cackle to herself, louder and louder until she screamed, a cry of glee and hatred. She stood clothed in blood and gore and headed for her door as the goddess sang to her.

Maximus saw the whore’s door crash open as she came out, hair wild and draped in her macabre robe. Aula went straight for Maximus rage painted on her once beautiful face. Fingers like claws she swiped at Maximus face, he blocked the blow with one arm and slammed his fist into her face, Aula smiled bits of flesh and teeth falling out of her mouth. She punched Maximus in the face, knocking him flat. He quickly rolled to his feet, his gladius hissed from his scabbard. Other Legionarii stood stunned at the strange spectacle as Maximus readied for the next attack. She came at him again; Maximus swung taking her arm off from the elbow, blood fountain out. Aula cackled again ‘You can never stop me pitiful Romuli.’ Her voice sounded like a thousand people trying to speak at once. ‘You have been marked for doom, you will die.’ Aula smiled another broken smile and came at him again. Maximus stabbed her in the chest. Aula shugged off the blow and again punched Maximus in the face his nose breaking, stunned he staggered back a step as she leap on him. One Legionarii now moved forward, tall with a shock off black hair and gray blue eyes, he planted his studded sandal into the side off her head, knocking the frenzied whore off Maximus. Aula fell to the ground, as she stuggled to rise the Legionarii pinned her to the ground with a pilum. Aula lay there screaming in a thousand voices, with her one remaining arm she reached up and flung away the pilum.

The goddess sung loud to Aula as she started to stand, her voice droned as the daylight seemed to dim, Maximus stood and in one motion took her head from her shoulders, a great billow of blood and Aula body collapsed to the ground, head hitting the ground with a wet impact her eyes continued to dart about before finally stopping, staring straight at Maximus a little smile again on her face.

Horns sounded, for the green skins had come, a sea of swords spears and skull faced priests. Amongst the army of green moved blocks of armored men, armed with sword and spear also, the men of Demos had come for the blood of the Romuli.

Maximus saw what was left of his brother in whore’s room, his heart felt empty but for the rage that now burned bright and pure he turned to the Legionarii who had helped him.
    ‘What is your name Legionarii?’ he asked in a flat voice.
    ‘Anthony.’ He replied simply ‘Your loss I understand, but let us take revenge of the foul army that is coming. Let us send their souls to be crushed between our founder’s balls.’
    Maximus looked at the man standing before him, his face open and honest; he nodded once ‘Let us end this madness.’ With that he gathered his weapons and made his way with Anthony to the wall to wait for the final battle of Lonely Hill Fort to begin.

Last edited by TheFirstONeill; September 19, 2009 at 08:36 PM.

sorry but I have to add spoilers again, site rules, PG13 and all that

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstONeill View Post
    sorry but I have to add spoilers again, site rules, PG13 and all that
    All good,sorry forgot about the Kid's

well i can open the spoilers now, strange

Let us send their souls to be crushed between our founder’s balls.’
    ROFL

that was a great update, and i am eagerly awaiting the battle

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    well i can open the spoilers now, strange

ROFL

that was a great update, and i am eagerly awaiting the battle

Thank you sir, the next bit is going to be big. More blood, guts and maybe a pair of steak knifes .

Hello, next bit please enjoy . Also please feel free to leave any comments on how you should think the story could pan out. Cheers.

Cast of Characters.

Maximus – Legionarii of the Fifth Legion
    Leontius - Legionarii of the Fifth Legion – Brother to Maximus and Gallus - Deceased
    Gallus - Legionarii of the Fifth Legion – Brother to Leontius and Maximus - Deceased
    Brutus – Commander of the Fifth Legion – Deceased
    Muckus – Ranking officer of the Fifth Legion
    Aula – Whore – Tool of Callisto - Deceased
    Spurius – Ranking officer of the Fifth Legion
    Anthony - Legionarii of the Fifth Legion
    Domitius – Commander of the Equites Lanciarii, Sword Master and legendary fighter

‘Lonely Hill’

The sky was blood red as the sun set; casting shadows over the deadly melee below, with a sigh the wind disappeared, leaving only the wild song of battle to echo over the hills. Ballista bolts flew out into the massed Reptarii, leaving bloody smears wherever they struck, wild chanting spurred on the army of green skins, driving them on towards the walls and the blood of the Romuli. The Reptarii had surged forward with no real tactics it seemed, other than to overwhelm the Legionarii manning the walls of Lonely Hill fort. Reptarii died by the hundreds, striking the ring of sharpened stakes with no thought of their own safety, Reptarii fell as more scrambled over the others impaled upon the stakes or struck down by pilum flung into the frenzied green skins. More bodies piled up forming a ramp of broken flesh that the Reptarii used to clamour up, trying to gain a hold upon the rough wooden walls. Those that did reach the walls were met with the steel of the Legionarii.

Maximus, with Anthony at his side, owned the small stretch of wall they manned; no Reptarii had made it past them. Each one was met with Maximus’ cold fury. He wasted no movement, each blow was to kill, each kill he hoped would fill the void in his soul, his gladius shot out licking the neck of a Reptarii as it tried to climb up over the wall, falling back its life poured out of the gaping wound. Another came over only to be bashed back by Anthony’s shield, it fell back onto the grisly ramp, to be trampled into the gore, adding its own body to the growing ramp. A spear came at Maximus, taking the blow on his shield, turning the wild swing away; he stabbed the green skin in the chest, its alien eyes widening before going blank as it fell back. Chanting reached their ears over the clash of weapons and screams of the dying.
    ‘The chanting seems to drive these brutes into frenzy, maybe we should give them something else to chant about,’ Anthony yelled over the wild battle.
    ‘What do you suggest then? We go and ask if they take requests for songs?’ snarled Maximus as he slaughtered more Reptarii.
    ‘Not quite what I had in mind,’ Anthony turned and grabbed a passing Legionarii; he yelled something to the man who nodded and ran off.
    ‘Watch and see my friend,’ Anthony said, a look of mischief in his eyes.

The skull-faced priests knew it was only a matter of time before their foul magic reached powerful levels again, enough to turn the Legionarii against each other again. The chanting started to reach a wild pitch, the song of Callisto gaining power.

Like a message from the founder the ballista bolt sailed into the gloom of the evening, over the enraged army of green skins and smashed into the priests below.

With devastating power the bolt crashed into the skull-faced priests, the chanting stopped suddenly as broken men were flung back. Black shadows streamed out of the bodies as the night became darker, foulness in the air.A scream of rage built as the shadows spun into a swirling chaotic twister, then, exploded with enough force to knock down the surrounding green skins. A ripple ran through the green skins, a hesitation, as they faltered in their assault.

‘Well that was odd!’ Anthony said a look of satisfaction on his face, ‘who would have thought they had exploding priests, at least that damned chanting has stopped.’
    ‘That was a wise idea, I should have thought of something like that,’ Maximus said watching as the Reptarii moved back from the fort as more ballista bolts rained down on the retreating army.
    ‘Not to worry my friend, your mind has been elsewhere, and who can blame you after losing two brothers. What matters now is that the bastards have retreated.’Spurius came up to the two men, covered in blood, his amour nicked and dented for he had been in the thick of it, leading from the front. Not the wisest thing to do he knew but the men had needed to see the new commander of this bedraggled Legion fight and lead during the heat of battle.
    ‘The greens skins seem to be leaving us alone, but the armoured men still hang back. I fear they’ll be a tougher fight when they decide to come at us.’ He looked at the men, noting the thick crust of blood and bodies piled where the men had stood their ground, ‘I need a second; your brother was to help…it does not matter now, will you give me the honour of being my second?’
    Maximus looked at Spurius, he nodded once and said, ‘I will help but with one condition.’
    Spurius replied, ‘Speak and I will see what I can do friend.’
    ‘I want Anthony here to be given command of some men; he has proven he is able.’
    ‘Done, he is now promoted to a Decurion,’ Anthony, slightly stunned smiled at the two men.
    ‘I will not fail you sir,’ he said, trying to look serious in his new role, but failing.
    ‘Now I have something of a command structure returning we need to discuss the next assault to come, I think we need some sort of plan for when it comes time to fall back.’
    ‘I will not run,’ Maximus said, anger in his tone.
    ‘I have said nothing about running; we are Legionarii we do not run. We make a tactical withdrawal. I will not see men die needlessly. When we go, we will return and when we return it will not be with love in our eyes, but with death in our souls. You have my word, we will drive these foul men and beasts back, we will make them wish they had never been born, they will cry out against the day they decide to wage war with the Romuli.’ Maximus nodded again and mumbled an apology. Plans were quickly formed for when the time came to fall back, not run.

The Reptarii fled back towards their own lands, like green water they leaked between the waiting blocks of Demos swordsmen and spears, completely broken having lost the false courage of the priests of Callisto. The spicy smell of the green skins drifted away with the retreating Reptarii, leaving the men of Demos to continue the fight.

Muckus sat at the roadside tavern drinking wine with his men, his return to Arretium had taken a little longer than expected. Day one at the tavern had gone quite well, good food and plenty to drink, and then more to drink. The following morning, with the sun glaring down, its hatful rays piercing through the clouds, Muckus had decided that he should rest and be at his best for his return to Arretium, and what better way to rest than to have a quite wine with his men.His men were loud, calling to each other and boasting about which whorehouse they would visit when they were back to the comforts of the city, so loud in fact Muckus didn’t notice the rumble of cavalry until they were almost upon the tavern.

A steady stream of men rode past; armour caked in dust, the men looked weary but alert. The commander of the column rode up to where Muckus was sitting on a wooden bench, his shirt stained with bits of food and wine.
    ‘Commander,’ the words slightly slurred, ‘what brings you to this fine tavern on a…rather bright day.’ With a wave of his arm, Muckus indicated to the offending sunlight.
    ‘I ride to Lonely Hill Fort, part of my patrol, before returning to Arretium,’ a frown on his gruff face the man continued, ‘there have been stories of bandits and other things in the countryside. Cakius asked me to follow up on these rumblings and report back with my findings.’
    Alarm bells started to ring in Muckus’ mind, where had he seen this old man before; it dawned on him he was talking to Domitius a legend with most men, a deadly fighter which age had not changed and a good friend to Cakius Romulus leader of Arretium.
    ‘Err I have come from the fort, returning from a stint there. Nothing to worry about, everything is quiet there that’s why I’m returning to Arretium.’ Muckus prayed he wasn’t recognise by the man having only met Domitius briefly years ago, giving Domitius a weak smile, he continued, ‘The commander of the fort, a great man, Muckus, sent me and my fellow Legionarii back to report all is quiet in the hills.’ Again, he gave another weak smile.
    Domitius looked at the fool before him, covered in food and drink, if this was an example of what the men were like at the fort he decided he would double his pace. A sour grimace crossed his face; he hoped he wouldn’t need to take command of the fort if this so called great commander Muckus let his men maintain discipline like this.
    ‘I think you shall come with me, since you know the area. Gather your men, we leave now.’Without another word Domitius turned his back and remounted, rejoining his men as the column of cavalry snaked its way to Lone Hill Fort.

Muckus sat there, shocked at the turn of events; damn that old fool, I’ll try and slip away first chance, Muckus thought to himself, he started to yell orders at his men, who gave sullen stares back, their dreams of soft whores shattered by the old man and their foolish commander. Muckus knew he was in trouble if he didn’t make it back to Arretium before the old man, he knew that Domitius would only find the devastated remains of the fort. Muckus hoped that maybe Domitius would fall prey to an accident on the way to the fort, yes an accident, he signalled to one of his lackeys, quite words and a purse changed hands. The man would stick close to Domitius and when the chance came…an accident would happen, his man was good at that. Now Muckus hoped none survived at the fort so he would be able tell his story, with him as the hero of course, but this all depended on the men left behind to defend the fort being dead, none could have survived that onslaught, and if any did maybe they would suffer accidents as well. A smile and Muckus fell in with the column.

Night had come and now fled before the rising sun. The men of Demos had waited for the sun to set, before setting up camp and settling in for the night.Now, with the new day, the men of Demos reformed ranks, armour glaring harshly in the bright dawn, in their midst’s a ram was pushed forward as rank upon rank of warriors made ready for the coming battle. The men knew that once the gate was down the pitiful men behind the walls would die.

The Legionarii had not been idle during the night; the gravely wounded had been shifted on to stretchers and lowered over the back wall of the fort, nearly half the men had some sort of wound to bear, with less than two hundred fit for battle. Those Legionarii that were able would form the rear guard, covering the tactical retreat, not running, for it had been decided by Spurius that trying to continue to defend the fort was almost impossible with more than half his men wounded and nearly three thousand armoured men outside the walls wanting to hasten the men’s return to the founders grasp. It had taken most of the night for the men to slip away from the fort; carrying gravely wounded men down the steep drop at the rear of the fort had proven to be time consuming. Maximus, with Anthony, were the last over the walls, hearing a roar come from the enemy army as they started their assault.
    ‘We made it out just in time,’ Anthony yelled as they half ran, half fell down the steep slope.
    Maximus just grunted as he concentrated on not breaking his neck.

The gate blew apart as Demos swordsmen stormed into the newly deserted fort, the Commander of the Demos cursed these men for running, but knew he should have sent men to watch the rear of the fort, so didn’t curse too loud. New orders were given, with the wounded the Legion would move slowly, men streamed around the fort trying to find the trail of the retreating men as more fired the fort. The new day was greeted with the death of Lonely Hill fort, thick smoke and flames marking the beginning of the end of the Romuli, or so the commander of the Demos hoped as he and his men started the chase for the Fifth Legion.

Maximus watched from the trees as the fort burned, his brother lay there in the burning ruins, a sad smile, at least his soul would rise with the smoke and have a quick journey into the founders grip. Armoured figures could be seen now, hunting for the trial, Maximus noted that the men moved slowly, encased in heavy armour as they were, a plan formed as he jogged away from the pillar of smoke that slowly clawed its way up to the clear blue heavens.

The commander of the Demos had split his men up into groups to hasten the hunt for the Romuli; he now travelled with three hundred of his men through the thick trees, following a trail of blood left by the fleeing Legionarii. The commander was young, keen to prove himself, he knew he was a deadly combatant with his long sword but was yet to blood himself with the taste of Romuli, he wanted to taste blood so he pushed his men hard. Suddenly, a Legionarii stepped out from behind a tree, a certain sadness about him, he smiled at the men of Demos, a grim look on his worn face.
    ‘Come dogs of Demos, our founder has plenty of space between his balls for your worthless souls,’ the Legionarii snarled. The commander gave the word to charge. Before the first men could even start forwards the Legionarii flung a pila at the approaching men. The pila took the man next to the commander in the chest, eyes wide under his helm the commander swung his shield around to cover himself. The next pila took another Demos swordsmen in the throat, thick blood gushed out painting the commanders feet in the bright blood of his fellow warrior.
    ‘I want his head,’ as men surge forward the commander screamed. The Legionarii turned and disappeared into the shadows and trees.

Well that went better than expected, Maximus thought to himself as he ran through the forest, the sound of men crashing after him slowly dissipating, better slow down, he thought, Spurius was right, these men aren’t built for high speed pursuits.

The men of Demos caught glimpses of the fleeing man as he disappeared and reappeared amongst the trees, always just ahead of the men as they laboured after him. They followed him into a shallow clearing, thick trees standing guard around the narrow expanse of grass and wild flowers. At the end of the clearing lay the Legionarii, clutching at his leg.
    ‘We have him now,’ panted the commander as his men flowed past him. Now most of his men were in the clearing, almost to the fool who had fallen after the long chase through the forest. Suddenly, the man stood and laughed at them.
    ‘Foolish, very foolish,’ he simply stated. The men of Demos staggered to a halt, silence falling across the narrow clearing.

Confusion on his face, the commander felt a sudden chill flow down his spine. A scream broke the deafening silence as men started to fall, impaled by pilum as they rained down out of the trees. Legionarii quickly followed, weapons ready.A brutal melee ensued where the men of Demos found themselves attacked from all sides by a grim, determined force. With nearly a hundred men felled by the deadly pila attack and confusion running rampant the commander froze as his men fell around him.

Maximus saw the commander standing amongst the chaos, their eyes met, the commander ripped his sword from his scabbard and with a bellow he charged at the man who had lead them into this frenzied fight. Hatred ran through his veins as he aimed a blow at Maximus’ head, who blocked with his large shield and, stepping forward, Maximus stabbed with his shorter blade, trying to open an artery in the commanders leg. The commander danced back, barely avoiding the thrust as Maximus moved in again, trying to keep in range. The commander regained some control, his sword darting out, seeking a crack in the Legionarii’sdefence. Maximus realized that his opponent had some skill with his blade, but seem to be quite hot tempered. Maximus suddenly stepped forward again using his shield to knock back the commander.
    Slightly out of breath he spoke, ‘Your mother was a fun ride boy.’
    ‘What!’ he hissed, the commander’s face going red as rage flared in his eyes.
    ‘You heard me boy, your mother was a great ride. Legs wide open and always ready for her many…friends.’
    A wild swing, Maximus ducked under the blow, he saw his chance and rammed his gladius into the commanders neck, the blade sunk deep before he ripped it out, watching as the commander of the Demos men fell to his knees, blood spurting out.Again, silence as all the fight went out of the men of Demos, weapons were dropped as men tried to surrender. The men of the Fifth Legion advanced, slaying the men as they tried to run or surrender. The broken men died quickly. Maximus stood with his fellow Legionarii, of the hundred odd involved in the ambush only seventy still stood.
    ‘Let us leave this place. We won’t leave the dead behind for these dogs to molest, but we will leave a message for those that follow,’ Maximus growled.

Men skulked through the trees, the colours bleached by the setting sun, coming into the clearing they were greeted by three hundred heads, each impaled upon their own sword and not a single enemy fallen to be found. Fear is like a disease, when one manages to catch it, soon after others will surely fall to the diseases ravenous hunger.That day fear had many followers fall under her spell.

Last edited by Borissomeone; July 26, 2010 at 10:30 PM.

wow that was great! i felt as if i was right there fighting along side the legionaries.

keep up the good work

Quote Originally Posted by Templar Knight View Post
    wow that was great! i felt as if i was right there fighting along side the legionaries.

keep up the good work
    Thankyou sir, I'm back at work now so i should have more time to write the next part.

Thankyou sir, I'm back at work now so i should have more time to write the next part.
    ah yes nothing better than being off task at work and getting paid for it

Let me know when its complete, and I shall put it into an adobe file, and add some version 3 screeenies to it.