Thread: more units?

Default more units?

how do i get more units on the field as in unit size.... do i have to get a modd or can it be done in settings somewhere?

thanks

Default Re: more units?

Some mods will do it, like napoleon total combat, but if either your using vanilla or another mod whihc doesnt change unit sizes you have to edit your preferences file.
    Im using windows 7 and my preference script file is in C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Napoleon\scripts.
    If you cant find this file its because you have hidden folders turned on.
    Once you open that file look for a line saying campaign unit multiplier, itll be set to 1 if you currently have it on ultra, changing it to 1.1 gives 172 roughly and 1.2 will give 192, works for much higher numbers as well of course but i find 192 per unit to get the best balance between large unit sizes and pretty graphics while keeping a smooth frame rate.

In preferances.script.txt, there is a multiplier value.

The multiplier line looks like this : campaign_unit_multiplier 1; # campaign_unit_multiplier <float>, Set default unit multiplier for campaign #

You can find the file in users/(your computer name)/AppData/Roaming/The Creative Asembly/Napoleon/Scripts

Default value is 1. At Ultra size, that makes line infantry 160 size.
    Change number to 1.5, its 240, to 2 and its 320, and so on.

Regarding artillery units, while you will increase the number of men in the artillery units, you will not increase the number of guns (you need to mod various files to do that).
    "I will say it again, there are no bugs in this game. No melee bug, no formation bug, no suicidal general bug, nothing."

M2TWRocks, when speaking of N:TW (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by PlacidDragon View Post
    Regarding artillery units, while you will increase the number of men in the artillery units, you will not increase the number of guns (you need to mod various files to do that).
    Is there a mod released to do this? as im a n00blette on these things

Quote Originally Posted by Axius View Post
    Is there a mod released to do this? as im a n00blette on these things
    If bigger units is what you are after, i think that Thoragoros Total Combat Mod will fit you like a glove. Units are much bigger (400), there are 10 guns in a battery, etc. Go to the link and read up on it

Also check out the other mods available under Released Mods
    "I will say it again, there are no bugs in this game. No melee bug, no formation bug, no suicidal general bug, nothing."

Thanks mate your a star, i think this mod will do me just fine... i wanna test my cpu out see if can handle a big battle like this at stable temps plus i wanna see more men die (not mine of course!)

Happy to help