Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spanish Militia with reload skill of 5!?

Default Spanish Militia with reload skill of 5!?

This is crazy!! They have worse reload than armed peasants and armed citizenry!

Default Re: Spanish Militia with reload skill of 5 !!!!?????

I guess theyre having a siesta instead of reloading.
    (I bet you expected that, right?)
    "If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance." - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Ahh but its the first (irregular) regiment of intoxicated militia!
    "Compared to war, all other forms of human endeavor shrink to insignificance."

-GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by roy34543 View Post
    I guess theyre having a siesta instead of reloading.
    (I bet you expected that, right?)

maybe but it i dont think our Spanish friends will find it quite so funny...

This should be fixed in a patch as the Spanish army has enough disadvantages in the game without this!

Ebusitanus's Avatar Senator

This game needs to much moding that in regards to Spain no one really cares anymore about the Vanilla edition.
    Read a napoleonic first hand account of a Hessian serving under the french flag

Athenians: For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretenses - either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed;.......... since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Part of the Melian Dialogue in The History of the Pelopenessian War by Thucydides.

Decanus

Russian militia also has 5 reload

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

I like Spain in Vanilla, their Hussars are beautiful! Plus they have the Santissima Trinidad, so they automatically get a (not historically accurate) one up on the Brits.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Sir Reginald♔ View Post
    I like Spain in Vanilla, their Hussars are beautiful! Plus they have the Santissima Trinidad, so they automatically get a (not historically accurate) one up on the Brits.
    I agree , although im dissappointed the hussars didnt get the historically accurate red bands on the shako - that would have been very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HellFell View Post
    Russian militia also has 5 reload

yeh this just seems worng to me. How can Provincial militias with some training have less reload skill than armed peasants and citizenry?

Dileos's Avatar Decanus

It really is inexplicable. The closest thing I can see as a reason is that militia don't actually want to out there fighting and killing, where as citizenry have a reason for being there. (defense of their homes)Perhaps the will to fight makes the difference in unit disciple?

Honestly though, it doesn't add up.

That is just totally illogical. Provincial militia were drilled, armed citizenry should be totally worthless in comparison! CA must fix this in the next patch. It's just a few numbers that need changin'.

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Spanish Militia with reload skill of 5!?

Spanish Militis should be better, I agree. They must make a balance in the next patch (but where is it!!??). Militias and Guerillas holded Soult&friends so long...
    [Col] RO Citizen

(HG-F)Ipod's Avatar Tiro

Truly Spain in Napoleon is a country of contrasts.

Spain has the better navy, at least for ships. Specially ship Nuestra Señora de la Santísima Trinidad, launched in 1769. It's an honor for each Spanishman play with that ship.
    But Spain has bad land units. Becoming for the Militia. Tell that to the Frenchmen, and they would remember May 2nd, 1808, during the conquer of the Monteleón headquarters. Spanish militia (Voluntarios del Estado)and artillery crews with the support of 120 citiziens (300 men in total) fought 3 hours against
    General Lagrange's troops (2000 men).

Defensa del Parque de Monteleón, for Joaquín Sorolla.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Those troops fought bravely, and the two officers (Lt. Velarde and Cpt Daoiz) become national heroes. Two sculptures in the Congress, two lions, have their names.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Voluntarios del Estado militia become the best militia in the world, even better than german Landerwher, for their courage, their love of Spain. In the battle of Bailén, at least half of the troops were Voluntarios del Estado militia. And they won. *

Let's continue. Another unit is Line Infantry. Why they are worse than French, English or Portuguese? I can't understand. They fought as well as Portuguese or Britain. Probably their accuracy wasn't like UK soldiers, but they were
    better prepared physically, thanks to his training in different grounds, mountain (Cantabria, Pirineos), desert (Almería, Monegros), etc. And in melee they were the best with the French, because officers have emphasized melee tactics, like column formation (inspired in the french Reglement du 1er Aout, 1793). There's a conviction that English were the best in melee, but this is not true; their charges were brutal, by the combinated effect of shooting and charge.

Some famous units are forgotten by CA. They're Swiss Infantry (Infantería Suiza, the most famous regiment was 3º de Reding; six regiments of swiss infantry), Infantería Valona (Waloon Infantry, one elite regiment), Brigada de Reales Carabineros (two regiments of Dragoons Guard),

1.-Line Infantry , Rgt. Zaragoza. 2.- Light Infantry, Rgt. Córdoba. 3.- Line Grenadier 4.- Gunner, 1808. 5.- Gunner, 1810. 6.- Grenadier, Rgt. Guadalajara. 7.- Grenadier, Rgt. de la Princesa. (Source: L.-F. Funcken L`Uniforme et les armes des soldats du Premier Empire. Vol. 2. Paris, 1968. Page 115)

*In 1808 they were 30,000.

To be continue

René Artois's Avatar Dux Limitis

Oh come on, many units were missed out by CA for every nation, not just Spain.
    Bitter is the wind tonight,
    it stirs up the white-waved sea.
    I do not fear the coursing of the Irish sea
    by the fierce warriors of Lothlind.

(HG-F)Ipod's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Sir Reginald♔ View Post
    Oh come on, many units were missed out by CA for every nation, not just Spain.
    Yeah, specially UK.

Ebusitanus's Avatar Senator

Since this also affects the russian militia, my best guess that its just a fark up on CA´s side not some conspiracy.
    Read a napoleonic first hand account of a Hessian serving under the french flag

Athenians: For ourselves, we shall not trouble you with specious pretenses - either of how we have a right to our empire because we overthrew the Mede, or are now attacking you because of wrong that you have done us- and make a long speech which would not be believed;.......... since you know as well as we do that right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Part of the Melian Dialogue in The History of the Pelopenessian War by Thucydides.

Quote Originally Posted by (HG-F)Ipod View Post

Voluntarios del Estado militia become the best militia in the world, even better than german Landerwher, for their courage, their love of Spain. In the battle of Bailén, at least half of the troops were Voluntarios del Estado militia. And they won. *
    Are you sure that they were the best?

Decanus

patrioto-nationalistic air is inevitable when it comes to unit/faction balance in history based video games

Quote Originally Posted by HellFell View Post
    patrioto-nationalistic air is inevitable when it comes to unit/faction balance in history based video games
    Very true. Reminds much of that "russian rebalance" stuff. Like, in game they have superiour artillery, good cavalry and tough morale and some people still want to power them up I dunno maybe simply make them kill with sight? Thats so silly, Russians were good soldiers, but not army of superheroes, and it is portrayed in game enough with bonuses they have.

Guess same with that strange spain thread...

Well they have higher morale, which I would gladly take over better shooting given how militia units tend to run from every loud noise.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast