Thread: Idea: Attrition from partisans

Graphic's Avatar Vicarius

Default Idea: Attrition from partisans

I was thinking about the possible Peninsular War DLC and then a light bulb came on in my head.

What if troops suffered attrition from partisan attacks while in a territory with negative public order (immune in cities of course)?

It might only be historically accurate in Spain's case, I really don't know, but I think it would add an interesting (if thin) layer of complexity to the game's campaign map.

Is this something that can be modded? I'm not a modder but I suppose you'd have to somehow make the attrition effect flicker on regardless of location or terrain, and only when public order is in the red. Seems a bit complex for what's moddable at this point within Warscape, so perhaps not. Either way, it's an interesting thought IMO.

Default Re: Idea: Attrition from partisans

The only method I can think of would be to somehow 'hijack' the existing attrition from deserts (Assuming it's a separate one from winter), but you would have to script it to turn on and off depending on the order of a province

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    The only method I can think of would be to somehow 'hijack' the existing attrition from deserts (Assuming it's a separate one from winter), but you would have to script it to turn on and off depending on the order of a province
    Do you have any idea where the attrition info is stored?
    Ive had a glance through the db, but I couldnt see any reference.
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic View Post
    I was thinking about the possible Peninsular War DLC and then a light bulb came on in my head.

What if troops suffered attrition from partisan attacks while in a territory with negative public order (immune in cities of course)?

It might only be historically accurate in Spain's case, I really don't know, but I think it would add an interesting (if thin) layer of complexity to the game's campaign map.
    I was thinking that attrition should apply in certain "hostile" regions myself.

Oh and it wasn't just in Spain. There was also a vicious guerilla war fought by the Tyroleans under Andreas Hofer versus the French and Bavarians.

Quote Originally Posted by -TopCat- View Post
    Do you have any idea where the attrition info is stored?
    Ive had a glance through the db, but I couldnt see any reference.
    If I was to guess it is probably related to the ESF file.

The values aren't there, I don't think (unless somehow the move point multiplier works into the equation), but the campaign_ground_types table seems to contain information regarding which types of terrain affect heat and cold attrition. (Ambushes too.)

Ive also found out that its limited to 15% per turn...probably common knowledge, but there you go...
    My Tools, Tutorials and Resources

Was running out of space, so see the full list here!

Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.- Josh Billings
    The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.- George Orwell

CerealGuy's Avatar Centenarius

if there was supply line then the could partisans harass them and their could be kinda like a horde army in MedII or Rome but they ALL of their troops can hid during a ambush even their generaland the army grows each turn according to the resistance and the generals command rankingbecause also is what wiki says
    "While the French armies were often victorious in battle, their communications and supplies were severely tested and their units frequently cut off, harassed, or overwhelmed by partisans. The Spanish army, though beaten and driven to the peripheries, could not be stamped out and continued to hound the French remorselessly"
    CerealGuy/Friday before

what do tigers dream of?