Thread: Add your own stats [for other players to use]. start with late romans txt files here...

Default Add your own stats [for other players to use]. start with late romans txt files here...

Add your own stats [for other players to use].

Most people change the game stats to their licking or for how a particular faction plays best/hardest. Please post your own stats for others to use.

If you want a good Sparta Vs rome campaign, then use the late romans zip attached, this removes the pre marian romans so that you get to fight a stronger rome, one that even the ai can beat you with lols.

I will add more here as people post them.

install
    all stats files will be straight overwrites of original text files, so to install just paste them over the corresponding files [after backing up of course].
    Last edited by Amorphos; July 30, 2010 at 09:50 AM.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Default Re: Add your own stats [for other players to use].

Great, now I can cheat without the consol commands.

Great, now I can cheat without the consol commands
    Haha, nah that’s not how we do things around here.

the idea is that, most people mess around with stats, so if they make a good game, then why not share it. a few small changes in the stats give you a different game n all that.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

yeah ok

Arlin's Avatar Tiro

I might mess with the Etruscan Heavy Infantry and make them 2 turns instead of 3... Started a campaign as them and would like something a bit heavier able to withstand the Romans.
    "Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist. He who would gather immortal palms must not be hindered by the name of goodness, but must explore it if it be goodness. Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world. No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution; the only wrong what is against it....."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Troy_tw has some similar units, just copy 1 or 2 from there.

A lot of people have asked about this so I may add a few tomorrow if I get time.

where do I put it

Stats are just text files that you can drag n drop over the existing in your Sparta ‘data’ file. Just unzip then overwrite the existing.

hannibalcaesar's Avatar Mostly Retired Modder

Default Re: Add your own stats [for other players to use]. start with late romans txt files here...

I have been working on an overhand hoplite and shorter spears change. can i open a new thread or just post it here?

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Add your own stats [for other players to use]. start with late romans txt files here...

You can just post it here.

hannibalcaesar's Avatar Mostly Retired Modder

her it is. it makes all hoplites have overhand animations and shorter spears.just paste the two test files in sparta/data folder

Nice one hannibalcaesar I am glad you used the anim that I had scaled so they didn’t shrink in comparison with the rest.

I expect people will need to run the mod with BI.exe and add shield_wall in the EDU, otherwise they don’t keep formation very well. ~ optional.

Do you have a unit list for this mod?

no but you can just look at the unit stats on the units file attached below...

i have corrected the edb file on the op, it should have been ok anyway but just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzalcoatl View Post
    no but you can just look at the unit stats on the units file attached below...
    Wow, thats a lot of stuff to go through!

You guys should make a codex.

Just prss ctrl + f to bring up the search box and type e.g. greek to go straight to the part with all the greek units.

Yeah, you need a codex... lol