Thread: (ChC)General discussion

Default Re: (ChC)General discussion

great news
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

these will be the y/n events

Event 1 .
    First pop up ( simple historic event, first turn)
    Description: We now have the Choice to continue in traditional feudal customs and remain with a feudal agrarian economy or embrace a new economic trend and become one based on Mercantilism.
    (event ends) window closes)
    Next pop up (y/n event)
    Description: Shall we remain feudal agrarian? Y/N
    Feudal Agrarian +1 to farming and public order
    -1 to trade and pop growth
    If no third pop up is triggered
    (Y/N event)
    description: shall we embrace the new economic emphasis on Merchant trade Y/N
    Mercantile +1 trade +1 pop growth -1 farming and –1 to public order

Event 2 (y/n and random throughout the game)
    Feast and Celebrations
    We have a surplus of moneys in our holdings it would be wise to hold feasts and celebrations to increase happiness amongst the commoners and maximize our trade revenue
    If
    yes we pay $10000 to host the event
    no we spend nothing but anger our people
    \if yes triggers secondary event “host ally”(if you have any)
    Y= -5000 +1 to relations
    N= 0 , -1 to relations

event 3 (y/n and random throughout the game)
    marksman challenge
    many young amateur archers and marksmen feel their skills need to be exposed for all to see and the best of these contestants be rewarded for their prowess and be enlisted to our militias
    If Yes we pay $8000 to host event, four quality units at capital
    If No nothing but we lose out on locating the finest marksmen and archers in our realm
    Marksman held
    Enlistment will rise as these contests will help us find and recruit the most promising candidates to ensure a fresh and re-vitalized military. Plus these contest will be yet another event which will give the opportunities of trade and happiness which public proceedings entail.
    Not held
    By not holding these contests we have missed out on the opportunity to maximize the quality of our Militia’s. Perhaps in the future we will be wiser to take advantage of potential events of this nature

\if yes triggers secondary event “host ally”(if you have any)
    Y= -5000 +1 to relations
    N= 0 , -1 to relations

Event 4 (y/n and random throughout the game)
    Knights challenge
    tournaments can be held which keep the professional soldiery of our armies active and fit.
    Keeping ready and on alert prepared for instant deployment if necessary. Also increases general happiness as everyone gets to see their refined skills in action.
    Jousting
    Foot swordsmanship
    And other weapons used on foot in melee
    If
    Yes we pay $8000, +1 to melee and cavalry
    No nothing but we risk not having our forces at their peak performance

Held
    A grand tournament for the professional military, will be held giving these skilled and veteran troops the opportunity to hone and further refine their talents and skills of warfare also enabling them to “Show off” for the pleasure of the commoner.
    Not held
    By not holding this event we risk our veteran militia’s becoming “rusty” and ill prepared and this will also lower their moral and leave the common people skeptical on our military stability and prowess

. \if yes triggers secondary event “host ally”(if you have any)
    Y= -5000 +1 to relations
    N= 0 , -1 to relations

event 5 (y/n) and random throughout the game)
    roads and infrastructure repair
    description: we can choose to put some our excess capital towards infrastructure or not
    y/n
    y= -8000, = +1 trade, +1 happiness description: “we have elected to perform repairs and construction updates where needed in our realm, this insure the efficiency of trade and add to the ease and quality of life for our people!.”
    n= 0. –1trade, -1 happiness description: “ we have decided not to update and make repairs hopefully the money saved will out weigh any economic loss or discontent.”

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Those y & n events are a good idea. It gets the AI involved and puts some depth detail into the game
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Alexandros I.'s Avatar Ordinarius

I really like your ideas for the events.

thank you guys,
    ok I have decided for version 1.0 I am going to keep Mali againsy Dewy`s advice but the factions in the americas will be as he suggested

English

1. Duchy of Cornwall
    2. Normans

German

3. Das heligs Romische Reich

French

4. Le` Dauphin`
    5. Le` Comte` Bordeau`
    6. Le` Comte` Brabant`
    7. Le` Comte` Burgun`

Italian

8. Genova
    9. Venice
    10. Florence
    11. The Vatican

Iberian

12. Casa De Navarre`
    13. Corona De Leon Castilla
    14 Corona De Aragon`
    15. El Reino De Portugal

Islamic

16. Malikate of Murcia
    17. Sultanate of Tunisia
    18. Caliphate of Tangiers
    19. Mali

Native American

20. Apache`
    21. Aztecs
    22. maya

23. (open, options break DHHR into two, another faction in NE america or do more mapping and add Sicilia or Denmark or wales with a better roster than we have seen so far!)
    please keep in mind, historic acuracy is taking a backseat to balanced gameplay!
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; April 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Heres just my 10c.

How about instead of making the map bigger, adding more factions. Why dont you use what you have and focus on the factions more personally? Say for example, you could have the extra factions as emerging factions or rebel factions (when a settlement revolts) or you could add in a Pirate faction (which would be the rebel faction in a sence, except this faction would try to claim land) or perhaps also instead of making the map larger you could simply make an event when a outside faction has become very powerfull and is expanding into the map (such as the mongols for example).

PS: Dont call a faction "Pirates" because imo, if the 'pirates' do succesed on dry land and cover a larger area, its a bit silly for a kingdom that large and organised to be called pirates. In ETW there is a faction called the berbs, which is hated by everyone because its an aggressive and pirate/rading faction, but they are still technicall not pirates because the berbs is a kingdom of united tribes.
    Contact me on Steam: steamcommunity.com/id/IZob/ or send a PM.

Interesting mod! I will have to keep watch on this

Tiro

When is it getting released??????

Quote Originally Posted by neha123 View Post
    When is it getting released??????
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewy View Post
    alpha then beta then version 1.0. The beta will still be months off; we are hoping to get version 1.0 out the door before this year ends. Maybe a Christmas release

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

like I said, all is done! two things left the skinning of units and events~
    basically if I can find someone wiling to do the skinning for all factions
    I can concentrate onmy desire to do a whole series of events on each culture (and with scripting help hopefully make these events only seen by the culture being played for instance an event for the Southern European culture would only be seen by players who are playing as faction Damon` Real` De Portucal, Genova or Leon Castllia but the Normans or Mali which are different cultures and the same would apply to those factions culture trees
    the series of events would be one every other turn for say the first 100 turns which give detailed information about culture, history and daily life in that part the map
    so I need a skinner! to work to finalyze that aspect of the mod and exstensive research help to help me develop these event trees so three trees Southern European, Northern European and Middle Eastern each will have at least fifty events totalling one hundred and Fifty~
    thank you

as you know there is complete and totally unique events styles and images for each culture which are three Northern European, Southern European & Middle Eastern (North African) all events have that cultures ui style for instance if you are plaing as Doman` Real` De Portucal (Southern European) and you get say a message for most advanced faction ( in game is "faction most pre-eminent in science and culture) and it is not for you but for say Mali the ui style and image will be Middle Eastern

ChC is will be one of the most pre-eminent mods ever done! already done: are completly new symbols and banners for 21 factions, modified ui cards for all twenty one factions, at least 15 new buildings! minor and complete roster overhauls for all twenty one factions, complete new map with 175 regions, minor and major overhaul of all messages (almost all are new images and those they are not have been extensively modified) complete and unique ui for all cultures which are three Northern European, Southern European and Middle Eastern (northern African)completly re-done unit cards for entire roster of each of the twenty one factions, modified strat characters for all twenty one factions completly unique overall ui,menu and loading screens. Completly unique loading, menu and campaign music for each culture.
    and much more!
    even though ChC is not ambitous in terms of theme and focus it is very ambitous (and quite successful! already!) in terms of the scope of modifcation, quality and overhaul enhancement given to the game!

an enthusiasist for this mod suggested I put stone forts all over the map~ my personal take on this is I could make these forts into "monasteries and Convents" also they could have resource under them like in "Machiavello" and you could send a merchant to each one but I would need a modeller to help it is just another random Idea which will probably never happen it is very disappointing the level (and quality, in my opinion of course) of work I have put into this contrasted with the very sparse interest in this mod! yes even though this mod is not a "grandios" concept and stays well within the the theme of the original game, it already heavily modified and will be released (I am assuming) long before many of these other projects do not get me wrong good all of them but the labor and skill in acomplishing many of them is not a reality! from day one when I began this mod I set goals for it I could realistically see myself meeting ( I have know delusions of any body having any real interest in this or desire to work with me) not to seem anti social at all in that statement just make evident the point of understanding how the world works! I am actually very open to help as stated many times I need help in research, scripting and skinning
    thank you

I was going too limit most events to the faction/culture they are for
    but I think it would be more say if you are playing as Southern European and Genova
    and an event is triggered which is North African about the Sultanate of Tunisia the event image you will see will be in the Islamic ui style and vice-versa if you are playing as the Caliphate off Tangiers and get an event for Ireland you see this event in The Northern European ui style

some examples: of what I mean

normal Meditterannean event
    Attachment 115234

foriegn

Attachment 115235

Attachment 115236

normal Northern European event
    Attachment 115237

foriegn

Attachment 115238

Normal North African/Islamic event
    Attachment 115239

foriegn

Attachment 115240

Subuatai de Bodemloze's Avatar No rest for the wicked
    50 degrees, 26.2 minutes North, 119 degrees, 12.4 minutes West

Heya fella. How ya doing?

Liking those new borders! This mod is going to be beautiful...and it will have many new ideas attached to it as-well, the one I am probably the most proud is that the Italian city states will be republics.
    Last edited by Selvo; October 27, 2010 at 09:58 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123