Thread: HELP !!

Default HELP !!

Hello people,

Just got this game, finished the Italian campaign and I'm about to complete the Egypt campaign. I got 5 turns left, and I am about to take the last region i need to take for victory. Now here is my problem:

The region is North Sinai, and it's owned by the Mamelukes. I am at peace with them now, but I want to declare war on them and take their region in 1 turn. Napoleon is waiting for a declaration of war, before he can move his forces from the border to the region capital. But when I declare war on them in the diplomacy window, nothing happens. The diplomacy window never closes and when I press the X in top right corner im still at peace with them..

Can anyone tell me how I can declare war on them and finish this campaign?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by DUFFMAN; March 19, 2010 at 09:06 PM.

Default Re: HELP !!

just walk your army right into their territory. there should be a window asking if you want to declare war or cancel your move. just click declare war and finish your business.
    Men are nothing, One Man is everything.
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

how can you open the diplomacy window ?

RO Citizen's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by garudamon11 View Post
    how can you open the diplomacy window ?
    Exactly. How you made peace with them?

Anyway, just break the damn peace and attack them. They have bad armies anyway, they should be no prob for the French.
    [Col] RO Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kokonut666 View Post
    just walk your army right into their territory. there should be a window asking if you want to declare war or cancel your move. just click declare war and finish your business.
    Maybe I didn't explain clearly enough, but when I move my army to their territory, there indeed shows up a window. When I then select ''declare war'' it brings me to the diplomacy screen. There I accept the declaration of war, but then nothing happens and i'm still at peace with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RO Citizen View Post
    Exactly. How you made peace with them?

Anyway, just break the damn peace and attack them. They have bad armies anyway, they should be no prob for the French.
    I destroyed the Mamelukes and had North Sinai under my control before, but I was unable to hold it because I needed the army somewhere else. So there was a riot and then the Mamelukes came back, and we were no longer at war.

I know I can handle them easily in battle, but I cant go to battle with them when I'm not able to declare war.

So anyone else have an idea how I can declare war? Or do i have to start over?

that's strange. when i moved into somebody's territory uninvited, i got the prompt menu and i declare war. there is no going back to the diplomacy menu. but can you not just attack anyway?

anyway, if you want to conquer a place but not wanting to manage it, choose liberate instead of peacefully occupy or loot. just killed their armies and liberate than you are free to move on without worrying about riot. the newly liberated country will be hostile to you but it will take them several turns to rebuild.
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

I don't care if they riot, if I take that city I will get campaign victory

I can't attack them, I have tried everything I can think of. I think I'll just start over.

Jom's Avatar A Place of Greater Safety
    Content Emeritus spy of the council

Quote Originally Posted by DUFFMAN View Post
    I don't care if they riot, if I take that city I will get campaign victory

I can't attack them, I have tried everything I can think of. I think I'll just start over.
    You could always just accept that campaign as won and move onto the European campaign. It's an interesting bug, though, and you should report it on the official forums.

that is very strange. normally you should be able to attack anyone, even you best ally.
    - Napoleon Bonaparte

Quote Originally Posted by DUFFMAN View Post
    Hello people,

Just got this game, finished the Italian campaign and I'm about to complete the Egypt campaign. I got 5 turns left, and I am about to take the last region i need to take for victory. Now here is my problem:

The region is North Sinai, and it's owned by the Mamelukes. I am at peace with them now, but I want to declare war on them and take their region in 1 turn. Napoleon is waiting for a declaration of war, before he can move his forces from the border to the region capital. But when I declare war on them in the diplomacy window, nothing happens. The diplomacy window never closes and when I press the X in top right corner im still at peace with them..

Can anyone tell me how I can declare war on them and finish this campaign?

Thanks in advance
    I just realized this same thing happened to me. I wouldn't say it's a bug, but more of bad planning by the programmers. (this isn't a rant I love CA) it happened when North Sinai rebelled and it becomes a Mameluke territory. But the game forces you to be allied with them so there's no way to regain your territory. I think I just went back to a previous Save and started right before the rebellion