Page 6 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415163156 ... LastLast

Thread: --- Preview of Eriador & Arnor ---

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: --- Preview of Eriador & Arnor ---

Quote Originally Posted by Plumo View Post
    Hobbits were 'quite' peaceful so special hammer-halberds look too professional to me as well

These guys are farmers, so the weapons should reflect their farming background a little bit more. But that's just my idea. I'm also wondering whether they will be able to form a spear wall. Because lorewise horses would be able to ride through a hobbit shieldwall These small guys cannot stand up against a charge.
    A hammer on the end of a stick ian't exactly cutting edge military hardware, and anyway, if hobbits can make scythes and other farm instruments then they can make the aforementioned hammers on sticks. Besides, polearms seem very hobbity to me as they are very Working Class weapons historically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_we...ropean_Weapons

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

KK those units are AWESOME, cant wait to play eriador now!

just one question, will the eriador units, battle ready dunadain, Bandobras archers etc, still be available once Arnor has re-emerged?

There's nothing there that even resembles a hammer, just some kind of crudely curved/hooked blade. Hobbit's weapons look quite improvised and "peasanty", definitely not as something I'd describe as professional.

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

One thing I'm not sure I like about the new Hobbits is the hats... I'd prefer at least one of the Hobbit units to be without hats, or maybe some Hobbits wearing hats and some not within the same unit, so we can see their curly hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellin Athinaios View Post
    One thing I'm not sure I like about the new Hobbits is the hats... I'd prefer at least one of the Hobbit units to be without hats, or maybe some Hobbits wearing hats and some not within the same unit, so we can see their curly hair.
    I have to say I agree with this.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    There's nothing there that even resembles a hammer, just some kind of crudely curved/hooked blade. Hobbit's weapons look quite improvised and "peasanty", definitely not as something I'd describe as professional.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Hammers on the end of sticks are clearly visible (well, polearms)
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; March 20, 2010 at 12:38 PM.

Ahh, now I see them on the right lost in the sea of non-hammer looking spear points and bills. Yeah, they do look a bit weird I guess compared to other weapon variations.

Maybe something like a guisarme would've been better as well as a more pronounced war scythe (longer blade).
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; March 20, 2010 at 01:16 PM.

Can barely wait!

Gondoriangrunt's Avatar Civis

This is a nice surprise

Mr Gaius's Avatar Laetus

I've never played as Eriador before. Guess that is about to change soon.

carth's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by jinjo View Post
    with eriador yes
    because old eriador is noob

ahh like that.. yea same for me! i really can't wait to play them now! never played with them because i didn't like the old skins.

there is just one thing that is getting in my way for a nice campaign and that is the lack of enemy's. unless arnor will march en aid Gondor against mordor. but i have hope since KK said that he will be thinking of a extra evil faction in the north of the map. like a sort of northern goblin tribe (some monster remains of Angmar..? still hoping for because other wise it will be too much of a close of OOTMM)

and we havent heard the goals to achieve Arnor. i'm very curious!
    "By the blood of our people, your lands kept safe."

smthhappy's Avatar Decanus

Awesome work

Quote Originally Posted by carth View Post
    there is just one thing that is getting in my way for a nice campaign and that is the lack of enemy's. unless arnor will march en aid Gondor against mordor. but i have hope since KK said that he will be thinking of a extra evil faction in the north of the map. like a sort of northern goblin tribe (some monster remains of Angmar..? still hoping for because other wise it will be too much of a close of OOTMM)
    KK already confirmed in another thread that there will be a new faction of that kind (though probably not in the next release...)

carth's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes Trismegistos View Post
    KK already confirmed in another thread that there will be a new faction of that kind (though probably not in the next release...)
    yea i know. i was really happy with this. but i first need to see what the faction is going to be like. if it is just a clone of OOTMM then it just isnt worth the effort i guess.
    "By the blood of our people, your lands kept safe."

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by carth View Post
    yea i know. i was really happy with this. but i first need to see what the faction is going to be like. if it is just a clone of OOTMM then it just isnt worth the effort i guess.
    Given how well and diverse Eriador/Arnor seems to have turned out I think it's fair to say that it's in capable hands

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

I love it! (The preview)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Will I even play this mod again? Ever?

Wow. The units are beautiful, especially the Arnorian Swordsmen. I'm definitely going to have to try playing Eriador when the new patch comes out.

Have the requirements for reforging Arnor been decided? If so, would you be willing to tell us what they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Seleukos_I. View Post
    The white tree in Gondor was a descendant of the white tree in Numenor, so it makes sense that they used the White Tree as a symbol in Arnor too.

Thanks! Do you happen to know what book the Arnor stuff is in? I don't remember reading about it much in the Hobbit or LOTR trilogy, but its been about 10 years since I read them

The most coherent Arnor history is in the LOTR appendices. There might be a few hints at other places....

OfficerJohn's Avatar Domesticus

Arnor was before any of those stories happened. (LOTR and teh hobbit)
    For a longer answer, don't ask me.