Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: --- Preview of Eriador & Arnor ---

Civis

Default Re: --- Preview of Eriador & Arnor ---

it wont be much longer nowww....i think jeje

Well worth the wait, absolutely terrific job!

One question from a gameplay perspective: Will becoming Arnor remove the ability to produce the ap units? If so that seems like it could present a problem if the player wishes to take on factions with trolls and/or very heavily armored units.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Imo the appearance of merchants' armour is pretty misleading. I don't think they're as well armoured as they look.

They have a breastplate sure but much of their body is exposed and "protected" with nothing but cloth. Legs, upper arms, sides, parts around the waist. Also, I can't see, but if their backs are unprotected then the protection is really only limited and that breastplate should actually be represented by a shield value rather than armour.

The point is chainmail would most likely protect their whole upper body and probably go down to the thighs which would make them better protected than they are now.

And unlike with most Eriador militias are among my favorites in the roster.
    Ding Ding! They aren't heavily armored at all. Its very very limited when you get right down to it. They have less protection than chainmail can provide. You also have to remember that they aren't going to be that skilled at what they do. All they have been able to do is purchase armor from southern lands. And not much of it either.

Thanks for the comment on the militias. The breeland militia is pretty much the only complete unit I supplied to KK and is my only tangible contribution. I'm glad people enjoy it.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

Ah, yes, I see now
    I should have thought this over more before judging

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Arnor = COOOOOOL !!!

Do I smell the flavor of a possible Arnor vs. Angmar "custom campaign"?
    That would be really AWESOME...

Another idea = could it be possible, if some goals are met, to recreate the Reunited Kingdom of Anor & Gondor? That would definitely be like the "Return of the King". maybe It could be done using diplo (unbreakable alliance) because you can't merge factions... oh, wait, you CAN with Kingdoms, like Denmark & Norway becoming the Kalmar Union in the Teutonic Campaign! just a suggestion...

Great Work!

I especially like the bandits and the Knights of Annúminas.
    Last edited by Lordinquisitor; March 20, 2010 at 10:12 AM.

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

I really like the hobbit units.

One comment: are the hobbitry-in-arms supposed to be armed peasants or a slightly trained militia?

Otherwise I would change their weaponry to a combination of pitchforks, garden forks, scythes, ...

Amazing work.

Ellin Athinaios's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Plumo View Post
    Otherwise I would change their weaponry to a combination of pitchforks, garden forks, scythes, ...
    I don't think it's possible to have different weapons within the same unit... unless I'm wrong.

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

would be cool to have different weapons. Just gives it a real 'militia' feeling, where every peasant or farmer had to provide his own equipment.

It is possible.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ozzmosis's Avatar Domesticus

It is possible to have different weapons, but they must have the same animation.

Alexandros I.'s Avatar Ordinarius

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Hobbitry-in-arms already has different weapons, these scythe-things and these hammer-things, but I agree that the "hammer-things" look a bit too professional for hobbits... on the other hand they are not stupid and I wouldn't put it beyond them to invent weapons such as these or adopt them in times of need to compensate their physical disadvantage.

And as to the question whether they are professional or not i would say both or something in between: They form the "regular" Shire military but aren't very often called together in peaceful times. But maybe they have some preparations just for the case...

jinjo's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by carth View Post
    your first campaign..?:O
    with eriador yes
    because old eriador is noob

Wah! I had not realized a full unit preview was posted! Now that I have looked: Amazing!

The only words that come to mind about the Arnorian troops are: I love 'em!

Cool helmets

Nikos's Avatar VENGEANCE BURNS

I have a small question, how will Arnor be implemented? Will the player have to build specific buildings to change Eriador's culture to Dunedain, thus unlocking the units? Like in the Teutonic campaign where you can access new units as Lithuania when you convert to christianity. Or do you guys hav something else planned?
    Learn about Byzantium! http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Toward-Warfare
    Civitate
    ,Ex Content Writer,Ex Curator, Ex Moderator

Proud patron of Jean=A=Luc
    In Patronicum sub Celsius

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes Trismegistos View Post
    Hobbitry-in-arms already has different weapons, these scythe-things and these hammer-things, but I agree that the "hammer-things" look a bit too professional for hobbits... on the other hand they are not stupid and I wouldn't put it beyond them to invent weapons such as these or adopt them in times of need to compensate their physical disadvantage.

And as to the question whether they are professional or not i would say both or something in between: They form the "regular" Shire military but aren't very often called together in peaceful times. But maybe they have some preparations just for the case...
    Hobbits were 'quite' peaceful so special hammer-halberds look too professional to me as well

These guys are farmers, so the weapons should reflect their farming background a little bit more. But that's just my idea. I'm also wondering whether they will be able to form a spear wall. Because lorewise horses would be able to ride through a hobbit shieldwall These small guys cannot stand up against a charge.

I don't see any hammers (well there is one weapon variation). I see what are called glaves as the majority weapon. Glaves were the weapon of choice for medieval peasantry and miltia.