Thread: WW2 Warband mod by cdvader.

Default WW2 Warband mod by cdvader.

[quote author=cdvader link=topic=100646.msg2517726#msg2517726 date=1268589310]
    [size=18pt]Second World War[/size]
    At first, there was peace. Then there were minor conflicts. Then large-scale wars... However, all that was nothing compared to what happened between the years of 1939-1945. Hitler believed that Germany was treated with great disrespect and even mocked; it was time to show the world the true power and might of Germany!
    [size=14pt]Factions[/size]

Riflemen are the backbone of every army. Equipped with very basic armor and weak weapons, they are forced onto the frontlines. However, those who have the money can buy themselves extra equipment, such as extra ammo, grenades, sturdier leather or even gasmasks.
    Spoiler for Allies - Troop Descriptions

Rangers are equipped with burst-fire weapons called Thompson's. If they have the money, they can also buy extra items mentioned before but also have something unique in their arsenal - a Bazooka.
    Medics support their fellow men in battle with rifles, but also can throw medic packs around the field which will heal nearby soldiers, including the medic himself, when wounded.

Spoiler for Axis - Troop Descriptions

Snipers hide in camouflage, ready to instantly kill a enemy with a headshot. They are extremely lethal, as they've been trained to be elite marksmen for years, in long range. However, they tend to get easily killed in melee combat.
    Saboteurs do the dirty stuff; plant bombs, throw grenades and fire Panzerschreck's. They are very weak without a squad of riflemen, though.

Spoiler for Soviet Union - Troop Descriptions

Support's, equipped with burst-fire PPSh-41's, aid riflemen in combat by greater firearms and also by throwing ammo packs around. Excellent in close-quarters, but weak in long range.

[size=14pt]Features[/size]
    • [li]Grenades[/li]
      [li]Medic/Ammo Packs[/li]
      [li]Ragged Armors[/li]
      [li]Shiny Weapons[/li]
      [li]Brand new Scenes[/li]
      [li]Tactics[/li]
      [li]Chemical Warfare[/li]
      [li]And more...[/li]

[size=14pt]Gamemode/Scenery Ideas[/size]
    Spoiler for Defend the Nuke (Gamemode Idea)

Defend the Nuke is a very simple concept: defender team must protect the nuclear warhead at their base, and the attacker team must activate it. Once activated, all will blow up and the defenders will lose. If the defenders manage to defend the Nuke until time ends, they win the round.

Spoiler for Omaha Beach (Scenery Idea)

Attackers must assault and capture the two Bunkers. They have almost no cover, while the defenders have excellent protection from enemy arms. Attackers must take over the flag behind the two bunkers in order to win, defenders must last until time ends.

Suggest your own..
    [size=14pt]Team[/size]
    • [li]cdvader - Scripter[/li]
      [li]temuzu - Scener (he's awesome)[/li]
      [li]Colonel Ryan - Scener/Modeller/Texturer (he's awesome too)[/li]

Who we need.
    • [li]Modeller and/or texturer.[/li]
      [li]Sound maker/finder.[/li]

If you feel like you're up to the task, please send me a Private Message. Or just add me at XFire/Steam: 'cdvader'.
    [size=14pt]Screenshots[/size]
    Spoiler for Screenshots

Please leave feedback. I'm open to ideas and suggestions, but also criticism.
    Thanks!!
    [/quote]

Default Re: WW2 Warband mod by cdvader.

Moved...

Frederich Barbarossa's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Edinburgh, Scotland (From Kendall, Florida and proud!)

we should team up since im also working on a ww2 mod. Im actually thinking of moving it again to medieval because of difficulty and reliability on the other games. I could use a person, since i only have 2 researchers in my team.
    His highness, žežurn I, Keng of Savomyr!

Oh thanks, Armatus.
    Didnt know Warband mods also needed to be here.

Frederich. Your welcome to join for me, but ask cdvader

yeah basically it's mount&blade, we only have a warband forum for multiplayer and not as many people browse that section as they do here anyway.

what about making a king of the hill mode?

very nice models btw
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

SCGavin's Avatar Libertus

The quote in the first post is messed up.

That's Ryan being lazy.
    Under the Patronage of Leonidas the Lion|Patron of Imperator of Rome - Dewy - Crazyeyesreaper|American and Proud

Oh god, guys. Bad news:
    Cdvader closed this mod

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

lol
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Too bad, but give it time: eventually we'll see at WWI or II mod.
    Personally I would love to see the Russian Civil War mod in multiplayer...
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Well. This mod had a very good automatic guns

Hang on Ryan...

You closed and left the Modern Warfare mod to work on this mod which is now closed?

Too bad. A WW2 would be awesome. WW2 China Battlefield was a good example of how it can be achieved...

Again, like the Modern Warfare one, I can only hope this is picked up in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gallant Forty-Twa View Post
    You closed and left the Modern Warfare mod to work on this mod which is now closed?
    No, cdvader made this mod which is now closed - with Ryan on the team; Ryan just made a thread here about it.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Ah I see, cheers for clearing it up.

Adorno's right.
    I just made models for it
    But this mods closeness is still a sad thing