Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About far-eastern warfare

RollingWave's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: About far-eastern warfare

Quote Originally Posted by JorisofHolland View Post
    What name do you propose?
    historically this area is called the stepps, the "far east" refers to China / Korea / Japan and MAYBE Mongolia / Tibet .

Only if they don't have any missile left, as this aplies to their missiles too, of course. Foot archers are generally stronger at close range than HA.
    That's the point, the FIRST thing you should do is to split your horsemans into several groups (usually at least 3. ) going in different directions, which will generally lure their melee units away from their missile troops, then you just charge the missile troops with whatever the best positioned cavalries . AFTER you drive off their missile units, you do the close up and shoot trick.

I ran strait up to the baltics in one of my Cuman VH/VH campaign , it was very fun annihilating several full stack at the same time with just one stack of HA, by the time I ran up to Novogod I had a ENTIRE stack of 3 Gold Chev Cuman HA
    1180, an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity in East Asia, it's technology and wealth is the envy of the world. But soon conflict will engulf the entire region with great consequences and lasting effects for centuries to come, not just for this region, but the entire known world, when one man, one people, unites.....

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: About far-eastern warfare

When going all-horsearcher be sure to bring a general with you to act as a 'Lure' for the enemy's army, they will completely ignore your horsearchers while they try catch your general. Just run the general around when they get too close while your horsearchers cut them to ribbons, and when their forces are substantially weakened (Lost about %60-%70 of their army) charge your general right into the bulk of their army, that should cause most of them to rout.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12